weekly mdpF2's 52 for 2020

Week 28 - Secure. A locked gate near Harringworth Viaduct, Northants.
I've been trying more colour film of late, but I'm struggling to get the colours right...

DSC01268a.jpg

Its quintessential film Mark, I wouldn't change anything TBH it all works well (y)

I like the composition. Presuming you scan colour negs and then use Photoshop or similar in processing then you can adjust colour to how you want it to look e.g. by using levels
https://petapixel.com/2017/02/01/edit-color-film-negatives-photoshop/
If you were having a colour neg printed in a traditional way this would be done by varying CMY filters on a colour enlarger.
I use Silverfast for negatives, and then Affinity Photo, but I was still struggling to get them look natural.

Great detail on the fence and the colours on the architecture work for me. Has a very industrial age feel to it.

The colours work ok for me - the grass looks like grass [emoji2] If you use lightroom, have you tried the Negative Lab Pro plugin? I've found it very useful for a good starting point which then just needs tweaking for contrast, black points etc. Only issue I have is that the exposure and white/highlight etc tools are then inverted, which I still find messes with my head s little...

I like that Mark. The colour of the viaduct (engineering blue bricks?) vs the grass and the red/brown of the fence.
Its quintessential film Mark, I wouldn't change anything TBH it all works well (y)
I like the colours and the change from brick to grass to wood to chain.
I like the composition. Presuming you scan colour negs and then use Photoshop or similar in processing then you can adjust colour to how you want it to look e.g. by using levels
https://petapixel.com/2017/02/01/edit-color-film-negatives-photoshop/
If you were having a colour neg printed in a traditional way this would be done by varying CMY filters on a colour enlarger.
Great detail on the fence and the colours on the architecture work for me. Has a very industrial age feel to it.
The colours work ok for me - the grass looks like grass [emoji2] If you use lightroom, have you tried the Negative Lab Pro plugin? I've found it very useful for a good starting point which then just needs tweaking for contrast, black points etc. Only issue I have is that the exposure and white/highlight etc tools are then inverted, which I still find messes with my head s little...
Thank you for the feedback, appreciated

Week 29 - Personal taste - Dijon mustard (& a great race track too)

DSC01183a.jpg

mustard and mint! ;) I like this for Personal, as you say it can be very personal taste (maybe marmite would be a better choice ;):D:p:p:cool: ). I think the mono suits the image well and the lighting is nice.

I do like a bit of Dijon mustard.
Good black and White and composition.

Great bit of lateral thinking for the theme... and I do like a spot of Dijon mustard too..

mustard and mint! ;) I like this for Personal, as you say it can be very personal taste (maybe marmite would be a better choice ;):D:p:p:cool: ). I think the mono suits the image well and the lighting is nice.
Well set out and captured.
I do like a bit of Dijon mustard.
Good black and White and composition.
Now the marmite is a great idea, but what a fantastic thought for personal. B&W suits nicely.

Seeded mustard for me (personally!)
Nice interpretation of the theme Mark.
Nice point of view for the shot , looks good in black and white, not so sure about mint and mustard, must try it before I knock it!
Great bit of lateral thinking for the theme... and I do like a spot of Dijon mustard too..
Ah right, gotcha. Nice take on the theme and lovely use of the shallow DoF.
Many thanks all

The graves in the centre of the picture are absolutely tack sharp on the jpeg on my screen, but not when I post it on the forum unfortunately..

Hi Mark

Good fit for the theme. I like the green and grey of the image. I think you are losing sharpness due to allowing the website to downsize your photos to fit. I size my photos (max side 1024) before uploading.

Pete

Hi Mark

Good fit for the theme. I like the green and grey of the image. I think you are losing sharpness due to allowing the website to downsize your photos to fit. I size my photos (max side 1024) before uploading.

Pete
Hi Pete, thanks for that, I'll try 1024 next time. I was using 2480 which was advised on a Leica forum.
Cheers
Mark

Great idea for static Mark (y)
And I'm with @CliveH for for the fish-able comment :)

Two nice photos there - and like your thinking on static. They are definitively going absolutely nowhere - unless 2020 continues as it has gone so far of course...

Nicely framed and the dof works well. The only way they are going is falling over :)

Hi Mark, good idea, they are not going anywhere soon.
Hi Mark

Pete
Hi Mark again

Graceful, very nice looking lake, nice and peaceful.

Pete
Great idea for static Mark (y)
And I'm with @CliveH for for the fish-able comment :)
Two nice photos there - and like your thinking on static. They are definitively going absolutely nowhere - unless 2020 continues as it has gone so far of course...
Nicely framed and the dof works well. The only way they are going is falling over :)
Two nice images that work well for the themes.
Many thanks for the feedback..

Static: As static as can be. Well taken.

Pattern: Lovely Berries and Leaves both forming nice patterns.

patterns - great use of the patterns in nature, really nice light and colour on the berries too.

Back