Minx 52 for 2019

Hi Alison, some really super shots here on your thread, to catch up my favourites are:

FREE CHOICE that is such a fabulous shot, you've captured the light rays through the trees beautifully, I really like it.
YOUNG What's not to love about a cute cuddly duckling, lots of lovely detail in your close up shot.
ABOVE Thats a great looking weather vane, lots of detail in the tiles and a blue sky as a bonus.

A bit of a catch up from me...

Free - I'll start with this one because I absolutely love it! A lovely photo and even more so that it's SooC from a phone. Very nice :clap:
Young - Another lovely shot and perfect fit to the theme.
Smooth - A very clever interpretation to the theme! Like it (y)
Above - Anther good image for the theme and what a brilliant weather vane :cool:

Terrific catch up Alison!:clap:

Food: Crikey! That's a lot of bangers! They look very tasty, and you've captured a great moment there too.
Hot: Spot on fit for the theme....love the flames in there too, really works well!
Light: Very well framed and composed image of an old gas light, nice work!
Crowd: That sure is crowded, so fits the theme well....nice sharpness too.
Snappers choice: Interesting shot of one of the Morris Dancers at the aforementioned Watercress festival I assume? Jolly decent indeed - I like the motion blur in his hands and the stick thingy!

Lots of great images Alison.
Couple of my favs.

Food. That’s a great capture and makes me hungry just looking at it, hope you got to eat some(y)

Hot. Really like this one with the engineering being conveyed in it. Good textures and like the way the brackets are framing the hot chamber.

Hey Alison.

Smooth - Does what it says on the tin, and sharp in the right places, but yes, pabd, but hey, sometimes we have to.
Above - Great find, excellent low noise blues, fun. Have to wonder if the weather vane actually works though, that's pointing due east.
Food - Plenty of interest there and looks yummy. No face, but you can see he's concentrating on the cooking.
Hot - Like that. Good colour and exposure in the fire whilst keeping the cab bright enough too.
Light - Nice to see gas lamps in a working environment. Sufficient separation from the green background to work. :)
Crowd - Certainly crowded, not sure I would have gone with the sharpest focus point on the closest people in the crowd though.
Free Week - Nice and sharp, an interesting looking chap there.

Some nice recent pix there - the Fire box has to be my fave. I don't suppose you have a pic of the full engine?

Hi Ali,

Plastic - Quite a moody shot, showing the impact of plastic on our planet (y).
Loving the editing, it gives it an eerie, un-natural effect.
Empty - Great use of the leading lines to indicate the container ship on the horizon.
Squashed - Ahha, a shot from the London TP meet-up :) I do love this hidden artwork that is only spotted by the observant few.
Drink - This was on the TP London meet too I think? The least strong of the 4 shots, but still worthy :)

More from the TP Meet up

Time - I like that the two clocks in my first shot have different times and do not match the time on my camera ( which is to be fair 50 minutes slow )

Time
by Alison White, on Flickr

Time

Hi Ali,

A bit more catch up eh?

Fragile - I can't help wondering if a closer crop would work? You could lose the cctv camera that way. Though I'm not sure.
Interior - Well controlled lighting, but... Verticals... It's odd though isn't it, how the sign on the table is perfectly vertical, but the walls behind aren't. Maybe the castle isn't vertical ;)
Decay - Now that looks a little familiar. I wonder why ;) It hasn't decayed too badly in 400 years.
Dirty - They certainly are, and good use of the technique to highlight the two workers.
Wide - A decent pano of London taken from the Blavatnik Building.
Time - I think I actually prefer #2. Because the clock faces fill the frame though I do get what you're aiming for in #1

I think you're more up to date than me now !!!

Hi Ali,

Fragile - I can't help wondering if a closer crop would work? You could lose the cctv camera that way. Though I'm not sure.
Interior - Well controlled lighting, but... Verticals... It's odd though isn't it, how the sign on the table is perfectly vertical, but the walls behind aren't. Maybe the castle isn't vertical ;)

Thanks for your comments
Fragile is already cropped in quite heavily I didn't want it to get too pixelated

Interior - I know I straightened that but must have undone it so

Interior

thats better

Well that’s a huge catch up so well done for that, the stand out image for me is plastic I really like that

Incredible effort in catching up Alison, well done indeed!:clap:

Drink: Nicely framed, and crisp. I wasn't sure what it was at first...but then it dawned on me....it's a drinking fountain!:facepalm: Nicely done Alison.
Squashed (tech): Nice tight macro shot of those hidden pieces of pavement art! Very appropriate for the theme and the technique.
Empty: Great shot with excellent front to back sharpness and terrific use of the wooden pillars(?) as leading lines....the big ship on the horizon is a nice touch too!
Plastic: Excellent image Alison! Well controlled exposure to retain enough detail in the foreground and a very poignant message too!
Time: Both images are very good. I think I too prefer #2, but as Tim said, #1 is a great concept and it works well.
Wide: Nice pano Alison! Crisp and sharp with lots of detail and nice colours.
Dirty (tech): Excellent use of the technique! They are indeed dirty, but the loco is spotless!! Nice eye contact too. Well captured!
Decay: Nice image that seems familiar somehow....say, do you know that @LC2 Tim chap by any chance?!:giggle: Nice to see another angle on this delightful old relic.
Interior: Lovely, rich and sumptuous interior, well photographed with a nice exposure.
Fragile: Nice image Alison. I understand the reluctance to crop further, but the mantle seems a little lost. Still a really nice image though.

What a catch up Alison, I know how you must feel as I am still slightly struggling.
Decay, would work for a few other themes as well ! I must admit I like seeing the trees through the windows !
Fragile, agree with some of the others a nice shot but perhaps a tighter crop ?
Dirty, one of my favs with colour pop as well !

Great catch up Alison!
There are some really cracking shots there. I especially like the history in Light, the colours in Hot and the excellent lead in line in Empty (y)

Great catch ups Alison!(y)

Closed: Nice! The reflection really makes this image. That'll be you in the turquoise coat I presume?
Building: A well taken image of a very striking building, and the vivid colours really make it pop nicely, great composition too.
Flower: Both are very good...my pick is the first one...though I do like the droplets on the second one...nicely done!
Old: Very interesting building, and that is some terrific topiary! Nicely taken image Alison
Free: Excellent image...I like the square crop...really suits the composition, and there's some great textures in the 'dragonflies'...they are dragonflies aren't they?
Life: Aww, bless! Lovely image of a lovely moggy!

Hey Ali,
  • Closed - Loving the selfie ;) Does what it says on the tin.
  • Building - Very striking, stands out even though it was a dull day.
  • Flower - That is a lovely capture of the Rose bud. I prefer it over the yellow flower because of the extra colour and the angle of the stem.
  • Old - Nice shot. I might have done a couple of things to it though. 1. Cropped in on the left so that the tree is on the 3rd (losing the cars) and 2. Cloned out the little bit of tree impinging on the top right.
  • Free - Very clever. Perhaps the lighting could have been more even? But that's being picky.
  • Life - Aw bless him, he's a stupid animal. he seems to have clocked you though...

Back