North England Monthly Leeds (and local meets) thoughts thread.

Sorry guys for the lack of activity from me. I would love to go wild camping, and would love a trip out for some stunning landscapes. As you can imagine though, I've got quite a handful to manage at the moment, so will be pretty dormant for the next few months I imagine...
That's understandable Tim. How is it all going? Family all good?

We don't have to go far, I'd be OK with a trip to Temple Newsam or down to th Royal Armouries one evening .

Wild camping isn't for everyone, but I love it :)

Cheers.
Yes I would be up for either. Never been to temple newsam with the camera.

We don't have to go far, I'd be OK with a trip to Temple Newsam or down to th Royal Armouries one evening .

Wild camping isn't for everyone, but I love it :)

Cheers.

Should have said Andy, was at Temple Newsam the other day, stunning colors this time of year.

Sorry guys, I used to be on top of the monthly meets organising etc but unfortunately I'm working away so all my weekends have to be family time. Only 4 weeks left on the job so will be a bit more active over the summer.....!! I'm not even sure when the last time I used my camera was.. Possibly the lakes meet!!!!
Totally understandable Rich. Hope to catch up over summer matey.

Sorry guys, I used to be on top of the monthly meets organising etc but unfortunately I'm working away so all my weekends have to be family time. Only 4 weeks left on the job so will be a bit more active over the summer.....!! I'm not even sure when the last time I used my camera was.. Possibly the lakes meet!!!!

That's a bugger, Rich, don't let your trigger finger get too rusty......a few summer meets are a must (y)

Cheers.

That's a bugger, Rich, don't let your trigger finger get too rusty......a few summer meets are a must (y)

Cheers.

Cheers Andy, it's a shame but it is what it is... I've a couple of local jobs coming up next so will definitely have more tog time!! And yup, hopefully a few summer meets can get arranged to get the crew back together before the next lakes meet in October !! Got a few locations in mind, peaks being the first on my list, man I've missed that place!!!
Looks like you hitting some good spots in Iceland, jammy bugger!!!!!!

I'd be up for something on Friday 5th August @Mardybum - could make a weekend of it for me too.

I've mostly been photographing the birds during the summer so far. Those sunrises are a bit too extreme just at the moment, looks like they're much more respectable in August though :) Wanting to get out somewhere this weekend for a lanndscape or two but the weather forecast looks pretty poor most places I'd go :(

I'd be up for something on Friday 5th August @Mardybum - could make a weekend of it for me too.

I've mostly been photographing the birds during the summer so far. Those sunrises are a bit too extreme just at the moment, looks like they're much more respectable in August though :) Wanting to get out somewhere this weekend for a lanndscape or two but the weather forecast looks pretty poor most places I'd go :(

Excellent @drooke , unfortunately I can't do the full weekend :( but I'll be out from sunrise to sunset and beyond if the stars are visible. Any preference on where? Open to suggestions if you fancy somewhere different? I'll start a thread once we're decided.

Well, that's bummer.

Jackie, Isabelle and I are on a England/Scotland wigwam holiday from 27 July until 5 August. Hope the weather is great and I'll keep an eye out for the resulting photographs.

Cheers.

I've just moved back to Leeds after a few years away and I'm always interested in meeting fellow togs to take some photos in the area.
I'm based just outside the city centre so anything around Leeds would be awesome.
Will keep an eye on this thread :)

its a bit slow at the moment not been on tis forum or on a meet in what feels like forever

@Phil-D has just reminded that we said we'd doing something Friday/Saturday @Mardybum. I totally forgot as I didn't put it in my calendar!

I'm still free Friday night and Saturday morning but heading down to the Midlands in the afternoon.

Are you still up for something?

Dan

If you do spend saturday in the Peaks let me know. I'll be down at Peak Rail during the daytime trying to photograph people (and a newly painted JPW...which has a photography link)

Morning Rich, how about Mam Tor or Winnats Pass (right next to each other) for a sunrise on Saturday? The weather forecast looks promising http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/castleton and sunrise is at 05.33. Ladybower is just down the road too for afterwards.

Dan

Sounds good to me Dan. I'm aiming to be at Winnats around 4.30. If an inversion is looking likely I'll head up Mam Tor for sunrise.
Will be sticking around til about 10am before heading back home.

Okay Rich, I'll try and get there for 04.30 too! I'll give you a ring when I arrive to see if you're on Mam Tor or Winnats Pass. I've organised to meet a friend near Barnsley for some wildlife shots around 07.30 which you're welcome to join us for if you fancy, I've got a 100-400mm mark I you can use too if you like.

Dan

Hi, guys, just got back from a 9 day, 4 venue family wigwam holiday so can;t make it. Shame as @blondie606 and I did a wild camp on Bamford Edge 2 week's ago and the view of Mam Tor was great, have a great meet and hope the weather holds up.

Cheers.

Was good to hook up with Dan @drooke this morning. Cracking sunrise from atop Winnats Pass, and then a bit of wildlife spotting in Barnsley. Good to meet Dave too who I believe is on this forum.

Nice to meet you too Rich - a shame that the Kingfisher didn't come in close but hopefully you saw a few things to tempt you into more wildlife photography :)

Hi guys just a quickie from me, I'm Based in Farsley.
Kinda looking for a partner in crime to take photos with, i normally did them either on my own or with my Dad but he's 83 and can't really walk much now, wife isn't interested
Ive been hitting oulton park a lot as i like taking pictures of Bikes Cars etc, but generally open to anything really.

I only started beginning of last year, dads been doing it for 40 years so kinda my teacher.

If any of you struggle for a company give me a nudge i may be able to make it. Bit boring on ya own :)
thanks

Rob

Last edited:
Hey Rob, there's a few of us local to Leeds who meet up regularly. Normally once a month but this has slipped a little lately..... Anyway, a few of us are meeting up in the peaks for a spot of landscape photography on 3rd September, you're more than welcome to join us... Meet thread is up so just join in or keep your eyes open for future meets.

Rich

I've just gone for the 5DSR with the 100-400mm mark II Rob. I know the mark IV is due to be announced this month but the 5DSR has the higher resolution which is important to me for wildlife cropability, the rumoiured touchscreeen would be nice though!

Dan

the rumoiured touchscreeen would be nice though

I don't get these touch screens, I'd be wiping mi mucky paws off it all the time
shakehead.gif

I've just gone for the 5DSR with the 100-400mm mark II Rob. I know the mark IV is due to be announced this month but the 5DSR has the higher resolution which is important to me for wildlife cropability, the rumoiured touchscreeen would be nice though!

Dan
Yeah good call, I see canon have rumoured priced it at 3200 for the mk4 body but I suppose they will milk us all for a few months before it drops..I'm waiting to see what hand Nikon will play now, maybe some d820 or D900

Back