Motorbikes

£160 !!! I've never paid that much for four on a car!

Mine are North of £200 per corner.

Used to munch through a rear tyre in 2-3 thousand miles (at around 150 quid a pop) some years back on a bike.

As far as I can tell, the fresh Bonnies just have new clothes rather than being upgraded much. Probably just enough changes so parts for the older ones won't fit the newer ones...
Yes, I was slightly disappointed by what was something of a non-event. That said, the fact that I'm not remotely tempted to chop in the TTR can only be a good thing.

IF I hadn't scratched the Rocket III itch a couple of years ago, I'd be very tempted by one of the blacked out "limited edition" ones. Too much for a toy (but what a toy!!!)

Mine are North of £200 per corner.

Used to munch through a rear tyre in 2-3 thousand miles (at around 150 quid a pop) some years back on a bike.

a friend had a bussa, went through a back tyre down to the thread in 89 miles...hence why he had and its not has a bussa, im using micheline road 5's at the moment, really good in wet and dry conditions and i had if memory is right over 9000 miles out my last pair, but since im riding with a broken leg at the moment ive calmed down a bit;)

a friend had a bussa, went through a back tyre down to the thread in 89 miles...hence why he had and its not has a bussa, im using micheline road 5's at the moment, really good in wet and dry conditions and i had if memory is right over 9000 miles out my last pair, but since im riding with a broken leg at the moment ive calmed down a bit;)

I'm on Avon Cobras which are also good in wet and dry. Not sure how many miles I'll get out of these but it won't be up around the 9k level as they're a very soft compound. They ride well tho.

i had 6600 out my last pair, so 9 from these was good,ive changed how i ride since doing my advanced riding this year so maybe thats had some bearing on the increased mileage, they are the only tyre ive had that wears front and rear evenly, i like to replace as a pair normally so it was good from my point of view, i do 15-20,000 a year usually so i go through tyres quite a bit

I'm on Avon Cobras which are also good in wet and dry. Not sure how many miles I'll get out of these but it won't be up around the 9k level as they're a very soft compound. They ride well tho.

The Bobber's on Cobras and it does seem to handle pretty well on them for a bike of its type. Not sure how far it'll go on them but I suspect that the edges will remain fairly pristine - I'm more of an old biker than a bold one! I was going to have a burnout play on the Rocket III before I chopped it in against the Bobber but common sense prevailed - Nod's law (similar to Sod's but exclusive to me!) dictated that I'd drop the thing while playing and need a crane to pick it up (the reason I felt I needed to downsize)! I did have a play in my old XF just before I chopped it in against the new(er) one - not easy to find your way through all the settings to disable traction control! Good job I remembered seeing an old Top Gear episode where they explained (in a dramatized clip) that you need to keep the button pressed for 10 seconds to disable it!

The Bobber's on Cobras and it does seem to handle pretty well on them for a bike of its type. Not sure how far it'll go on them but I suspect that the edges will remain fairly pristine - I'm more of an old biker than a bold one! I was going to have a burnout play on the Rocket III before I chopped it in against the Bobber but common sense prevailed - Nod's law (similar to Sod's but exclusive to me!) dictated that I'd drop the thing while playing and need a crane to pick it up (the reason I felt I needed to downsize)! I did have a play in my old XF just before I chopped it in against the new(er) one - not easy to find your way through all the settings to disable traction control! Good job I remembered seeing an old Top Gear episode where they explained (in a dramatized clip) that you need to keep the button pressed for 10 seconds to disable it!

Nod's law (similar to Sod's but exclusive to me!)

HAHAHAHA! That's brilliant! Yep, I'm not keen on heavy bikes anymore. Had a 2017 Suzi SV650 before the Harley and that was a fun bike here on the island. Anything bigger is lost in translation on the island roads as you'd never get up through the gears. The XL1200 is spot on over here, too and can be ridden sedately or thrown about a bit, depending on my mood and how many police cars are reported to be on the island that day. :)

A mate is a relatively bold biker (despite being fairly old!) and rides a 1200 Sportster, Can't keep up with me on an 865 Speedmaster.

sellbike.jpg

I've put Road 5s on my Thruxton R and I'm absolutely loving them. I'm only about 1000 miles in but they've been faultless.

Had a pair of airhorns on my old GS550.

Tempted by the Denali horn but it's too ugly and hard to hide!

BTW, get some ACF (or similar) on that coolant pipe (lower right of the picture) before it gets too fluffy!

Rossi.jpg

Had a pair of airhorns on my old GS550.

Tempted by the Denali horn but it's too ugly and hard to hide!

BTW, get some ACF (or similar) on that coolant pipe (lower right of the picture) before it gets too fluffy!

Thing is your Bobber is a very pretty thing to look at. Adventure bikes seemed designed to hang all manner of things off!

True.

At least the Denali horn is mounted low enough to drop the CoG for you!
I was going to get one for the Rocket III but even that had nowhere to hide it all. The GS was very much a utility hack so it was easy to find somewhere to mount the compressor etc. without needing to hide it all.

Any owners of Suzuki V-Strom's here ?
I'm thinking of selling my old Honda CBF1000 and getting one, most likely the 650 for weight and money reasons mainly, though the 1000/1050 really appeals, but that's the heart talking, and wallet says 650, as does getting anything past my wife...
I'd be interested in hearing anything you have to say about them - thanks !

Did you end up taking a V-Strom out?

Did you end up taking a V-Strom out?
Nope, but I do have a used one heading my way in a week...
I bought my current CBF1000A from ebay having never even seen one, so figured that buying a V-Strom online from a dealer has to be safer, and I have sat on one once..!
This all happened yesterday and this morning, so now need to do things like look at what extras I need to buy over the next few weeks..
I may get a bike satnav as I don't like the idea of using my phone, a louder horn (maybe the smaller/cheaper version of the one you have) and some daytime running lights. You lead, I follow, albeit on the cheap!

Nope, but I do have a used one heading my way in a week...
I bought my current CBF1000A from ebay having never even seen one, so figured that buying a V-Strom online from a dealer has to be safer, and I have sat on one once..!
This all happened yesterday and this morning, so now need to do things like look at what extras I need to buy over the next few weeks..
I may get a bike satnav as I don't like the idea of using my phone, a louder horn (maybe the smaller/cheaper version of the one you have) and some daytime running lights. You lead, I follow, albeit on the cheap!

Congratulations!
Which model have you ordered? As I said, they are gorgeous looking bikes (well to me they are, I’m sure Bobber Nod might have a different opinion [emoji23]).

Well, there isn't a :p option as a like!!!

I do have other bikes than the Bobber. Horses for courses - the Bobber's great for getting ME from A to B without any baggage, the Bonnie is good for a bit of baggage and the Speedmaster has plenty of space for baggage (locked-on hard/soft bags) and Mrs Nod.

Steve, I've been told that the Denali horn is worth the extra - it's louder and lasts longer than the cheaper knock-offs.

Steve, I've been told that the Denali horn is worth the extra - it's louder and lasts longer than the cheaper knock-offs.
I had the £23 Denali horn on my CBF - plenty loud enough to scare me and I was pressing the button !

Once we're down a grade of covid restrictions, I'll be exercising the Bobber and the Speedmaster. The stock Bonnie is currently SORNed so I'll wait a bit and tax it for 6 months from May.

Well, there isn't a :p option as a like!!!

I do have other bikes than the Bobber. Horses for courses - the Bobber's great for getting ME from A to B without any baggage, the Bonnie is good for a bit of baggage and the Speedmaster has plenty of space for baggage (locked-on hard/soft bags) and Mrs Nod.

Crikey! I didn’t realise you had 3. I’m envious.

My only criticism of the Tiger 900 range is the colour options. I’m toying with adding a bit of life to mine. The idea being that I get the two side panels wrapped in a stylised Union Flag; well it is a Triumph!
I’ve had one quote come back so far, and am waiting for a second.

IMG_0993.JPG

British brand but where was it made? IIRC, most are now made in Taiwan...

FWIW, I'd fit the panniers rather than the top box - lower GoG is always a good thing.

British brand but where was it made? IIRC, most are now made in Taiwan...

FWIW, I'd fit the panniers rather than the top box - lower GoG is always a good thing.

I know they’re not made here but.....

The panniers I have are these Givi soft ones, and I just can’t see the point on having them on all the time. The bike is wide enough at the front already, and the last thing I want in city centre commuting is more width at the rear too.

IMG_0274.JPG

As long as the back's narrower than the front, any extra width is unnoticeable.

Motorbike satnav - any recommendations?
I'd like a 5" screen and one that comes with a mounting kit, both for the bike and a car screen mount..
I had a quick look at the Garman offerings which look rather expensive when the mounts are factored in or is that just the way it is..?

Back