Motorbikes

I was planning a ride or 2 this weekend but had completely forgotten it's easter weekend and the roads are full of numpties (despite current advice/restrictions, there seem to be loads of tourists around - can't believe every car that's loaded to the gunwales is heading to the tip...

I was planning a ride or 2 this weekend but had completely forgotten it's easter weekend and the roads are full of numpties (despite current advice/restrictions, there seem to be loads of tourists around - can't believe every car that's loaded to the gunwales is heading to the tip...

It will be a nightmare here in Wales as we can now travel anywhere in the country. Plenty of places on the news that have already been overwhelmed with visitors ignoring social distancing guidelines and leaving tons of rubbish.

They are expensive because of the weather proofing unfortunately.
Well, what do I know.. I'd thought that you'd have to buy a separate mount, but my new Garmin Zumo XT comes with both car and bike mount, and was only (?!?) £388 on Amazon. Its impressively faster to load and recalculate then my old car satnav and way easier to see while riding.

Well, what do I know.. I'd thought that you'd have to buy a separate mount, but my new Garmin Zumo XT comes with both car and bike mount, and was only (?!?) £388 on Amazon. Its impressively faster to load and recalculate then my old car satnav and way easier to see while riding.

Good stuff!

How easy would it be to move that from one bike to another?

Wait Nod, I may have misunderstood. If I sold my bike and wanted to transfer the Innovv to my new bike, it’s a relatively easy job. Just reverse what I did today, then work out a new install on a new bike.
If are you asking if it’s a hot-swappable set up to use between a number of bikes (like you have), then no, that’s certainly not practical.

Bugger!

FB_IMG_1550915737084.jpg

I fitted the panniers to my bike for the first time today. Tomorrow I’m going to visit my daughter in her new flat. It will be the first time I’ve been able to see any of my family since August due to COVID lockdowns and travel restrictions.
The panniers will be full of her Christmas presents!

IMG_1280.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1277.JPG
    IMG_1277.JPG
    262.9 KB · Views: 11
Enjoy the ride.

Two rides in two days for me, short ones of course, haven't been able to say that for a long time.

Pretty sure my spot lights are helping with visibility but there are still drivers who just don't seem to care enough to use mirrors and indicators, even if they drive a police car :/

I fitted the panniers to my bike for the first time today. Tomorrow I’m going to visit my daughter in her new flat. It will be the first time I’ve been able to see any of my family since August due to COVID lockdowns and travel restrictions.

View attachment 315636
Happy Christmas to her then!
Have a good ride, and don't forget what idiots fill up the roads these days, all going for haircuts having filled their cars with Primark bags..

Two rides in two days for me, short ones of course, haven't been able to say that for a long time.

Pretty sure my spot lights are helping with visibility but there are still drivers who just don't seem to care enough to use mirrors and indicators, even if they drive a police car :/
I'm in the process of fitting some daylight running lights, got a few extra lights on the back, and a loud Denali horn - all things we shouldn't need if people learnt how to drive properly...

I was planning a ride this afternoon/evening but the lady next door needs a lift to the health centre for her second jab. Not too unhappy because I've tweaked my back slightly this morning and suspension travel isn't the Bobber's forté!!!

I was planning a ride this afternoon/evening but the lady next door needs a lift to the health centre for her second jab. Not too unhappy because I've tweaked my back slightly this morning and suspension travel isn't the Bobber's forté!!!
I can't resist this - just what is a Bobber's forte......? ;)
PS Hope your back is ok.

View attachment 315636
Lovely machine that Tiger, is yours the 850 Sport or the 900??

Cheers;
mac

A ride planned up to Cockermouth on Monday to pick up a Lot I won at auction. Nice way to combine two passions (images courtesy of saleroom.com):

Attachments

• db3ecd31-0a07-4732-b5b8-acf000c578c3.jpg
    db3ecd31-0a07-4732-b5b8-acf000c578c3.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 051bea69-da6b-49b0-8be4-acf000c57956.jpg
    051bea69-da6b-49b0-8be4-acf000c57956.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 11
  • e3678da7-7e4f-4738-8c41-acf000c4ed50.jpg
    e3678da7-7e4f-4738-8c41-acf000c4ed50.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 11
I can't resist this - just what is a Bobber's forte......? ;)
PS Hope your back is ok.

Getting me from A to B! Great fun to ride so practicality isn't that important. Only bike? Possibly, if it's purely for fun but if you need to carry anything very far, take a different bike!!!

Went out all day on the1250 bandit with the wife on the back , it’s an excellent bike easy to ride all day but I’d forgotten how uncomfortable the seat gets after a while
I’ve now ordered a touring seat for it a Sargent

I have wondered if manufacturers make seats uncomfortable on purpose therefore creating a third party industry ;)

I have a Sargent seat on my bike, it's all day comfortable.

I have wondered if manufacturers make seats uncomfortable on purpose therefore creating a third party industry ;)

Yes it’s a shame about the seat the rest of the bike is pretty much perfect and a bargain for a bike that can tour just needs a better seat
I also put a higher screen on it and went for the luggage option when I bought it
Thanks that’s good to know about the seat the other half will be pleased as well as she finds the standard seat uncomfortable

I’ve noticed that a lot of manufacturers also offer a comfort seat upgrade option on their bikes.

At a(n often significant...) cost! Weirdly, for such an unupholstered looking seat, the Bobber is plenty comfortable for 100 miles at a stretch. Needs filling with fuel soon after that so legs get stretched and arse gets relieved at the same time. Swapped the locking fuel cap for a Monza type to reduce faffing when filling.

Bike seats have always been a problem but I've never sat on an upgraded one. Seems from the last few posts that the Sargant ones are the way to go. Anyone got one that has also had an airhawk?
I've got one, it certainly helps comfort but can't say it feels like a proper solution, not least in that it's not waterproof.

I did nearly 300 miles today, and yes by the time I got home my bum was a bit uncomfortable! The bikes purrs along so easily on a motorway. With the cruise control set at 75mph, the real speed (according to the GPS) is 70mph.
I’m also really pleased I went down the soft pannier route. The Givi ones I bought are just awesome, and cinch down to be exactly the width needed.

I did nearly 300 miles today, and yes by the time I got home my bum was a bit uncomfortable! The bikes purrs along so easily on a motorway. With the cruise control set at 75mph, the real speed (according to the GPS) is 70mph.
I’m also really pleased I went down the soft pannier route. The Givi ones I bought are just awesome, and cinch down to be exactly the width needed.
300 miles is quite a ride, no wonder you were a bit numb !

Back