Motorbikes

Well, seeing where you're going (and, perhaps more importantly, what's coming towards you) helps you stay alive. Having a screen that filthy could be a contributory factor in an accident (in the eyes of an insurer...)

i recently posted about coming across a biker that had gone down on gravel and hit an oncoming car when i was on my way up to Scotland recently...i had this letter from police Scotland waiting for me when i got in from work tonight...i didnt think too much about the incident when it first happened but i got quite emotional reading it...to be fair i thought it was a speeding ticket at first View attachment 332962
It’s great to see your kind act recognised by the Police. Thank you for you actions

Despite selling all more bikes a couple of years ago, I have been getting the itch again… I’ve bought a ZZR1400 Performance Sport today, I’m taking delivery on 2nd November. I’m looking forward to getting back on 2 wheels.

Despite selling all more bikes a couple of years ago, I have been getting the itch again… I’ve bought a ZZR1400 Performance Sport today, I’m taking delivery on 2nd November. I’m looking forward to getting back on 2 wheels.
Easing your way back gently then..

If it's a relatively new model, it can probably be set up to help you exercise that self control!

Enjoy it when it arrives/gets collected.

If it's a relatively new model, it can probably be set up to help you exercise that self control!

Enjoy it when it arrives/gets collected.
If I choose, I can put it in low power mode, which reduces the 200bhp by around 25%...

Might make the front tyre wear a bit faster! TC and power delivery modes might help.

lottery.jpeg

I walked past a Harley Davidson dealership earlier so popped in for a mooch around. Having now seen the Pan America in the flesh, I gotta say it’s not as ugly as it looks in photos.

I walked past a Harley Davidson dealership earlier so popped in for a mooch around. Having now seen the Pan America in the flesh, I gotta say it’s not as ugly as it looks in photos.
Yes that’s what I thought too when I had a look at our local dealership it looks much better than it looks in photos
Adventure tourers aren’t my sort of bike though

Yes that’s what I thought too when I had a look at our local dealership it looks much better than it looks in photos
Adventure tourers aren’t my sort of bike though

As you’d guess, they are my kind of bike!

I see Honda have just launched a new one too.

It’s grim out there today!

View attachment 334063

Glad I've been using the quadricycle with a steering wheel! Having said that, this morning would have been a lovely one for a ride but I was otherwise engaged (hard [but not impossible!] to get the golf kit on a bike!). Used to have to ride every day, whatever the weather but can now afford more than 2 wheels.

I vote yesterday as the most disgusting day of the year so far to be on a bike. Rain was torrential here in Cardiff.

Not sure if you've had the SPOOKY50 email, Ricardo. Might be some kit you want from the outlet store...

Not sure if you've had the SPOOKY50 email, Ricardo. Might be some kit you want from the outlet store...

Never heard of them but I’ll have a look out of interest.
The RST Maverick jacket and trousers I use for really bad weather have never let me down. I’ve not even got damp in the wettest of downpours.
For the worst of weather (like yesterday) I’ll use the Bell MX9 Adventure, which not only has a huge visor, it also has a full size Pinlock which is invaluable.

Decent kit but a bit overpriced at full price. The outlet is last year's colours/styles at a much better price and the code above gets an extra 50% off...

I take it you'd removed your gloves to make taking the pic easier.

Glad to hear it! Some people use their heated grips and forego gloves but they're (gloves) more for protection from degloving (google it if you're feeling strong stomached!) than warmth.

Glad to hear it! Some people use their heated grips and forego gloves but they're (gloves) more for protection from degloving (google it if you're feeling strong stomached!) than warmth.

I binned heated grips years ago in favour of heated gloves. When riding it’s not my palms that are cold it’s the backs of my hands. Only thing that works how I want it to is heated gloves. In the Winter there’s only one jacket I use so I sew the wiring harness into the inner jacket so all the connections can be easily found and attached but I can feel them and I don’t have to faff around threading the wires all the time. Works brilliantly. Mine are the Gerbing 12V XRS-12 Short Gloves.

Attachments

• A52B0D68-092B-4F34-86A5-77C323CC3AFA.jpeg
    A52B0D68-092B-4F34-86A5-77C323CC3AFA.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 0
  • 25D310CB-18C6-4476-BAB2-E90B97D56B77.jpeg
    25D310CB-18C6-4476-BAB2-E90B97D56B77.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 90DA6105-C4CB-4C19-9A63-7035A98C0BA6.jpeg
    90DA6105-C4CB-4C19-9A63-7035A98C0BA6.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 747B409F-DAE1-4506-8674-0DC6AC09B879.jpeg
    747B409F-DAE1-4506-8674-0DC6AC09B879.jpeg