"Must Have" Accessories

Satmap, got fed up of getting lost while looking for those perfect wildlife shots (not happened yet) and not taking notice of where I have walked to :bonk:

I was in Snowdon for the Bank Holiday and actually bought some little kneeling pads (think they're foam pillows, roll-mat type material) which slip in the laptop section of my rucksack and allow me to get low-level shots without getting a wet bum or knees. Also good when you want a sit down walking up Snowdon ;)

Really lightweight and on £1 each.

DB

I use one of those kneeling matts sold in garden centres. About 1" think and almost weightless. Slips in the back of my day sac where it stops pointed objects digging into my back. Handy also if you want to sit down for a breather and the ground is wet.
Closed cell foam so the water does not get sucked up.
Also use it to rest my camera on if using a dyke/wall as a support - avoids kit getting scratched.

black bin bag - I dumped all my gear in one of those when I got caught up a mountain when the heavens opened - carried the lot in it for 2 hours until it all passed :)

Most recent purchase of mine was a replacement torch from Wilko's: LED instead of a bulb; two AA batteries included; all for the princely sum of 50 pence.

For 48 pence less I use a coin for screwing the tripod head plate to my camera.

Back