MWHCVT(Matt's) Challenge 365 - Completed

Day 344 - Earth but not as we no it :D

Tonight's moon looked like the moon from another planet eek it certainly didn't look like the earths own celestial body

344/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

I think the financial bubble has already burst ! - great macro shot Matt

Thanks Nick, I think it has :bang: I'm pleased you like it, I shall be doing a homage to this photo as part on next years 365 :D but actually using some macro tubes :D

Matt

Hiya Matt,

OMG you have produced some amazing photos over the past few weeks. I am not going to do an individual report of each, because I love them all!!!!

All I can say is you have done an outstanding job with your 365 .... true dedication and a prime mentor to follow.

Best of all is I have learned so much from you over the year. You are young, and a very impressionable character.

Keep those qualities and you will go far babes.

Dx

Hiya Matt,

OMG you have produced some amazing photos over the past few weeks. I am not going to do an individual report of each, because I love them all!!!!

All I can say is you have done an outstanding job with your 365 .... true dedication and a prime mentor to follow.

Best of all is I have learned so much from you over the year. You are young, and a very impressionable character.

Keep those qualities and you will go far babes.

Dx

Thanks Dawn, I cannot believe that the year is nearly over, I think that I've moved on so much in this year (y) I have without trying to big my self up taken some spectacular images this year that I'm very proud of (y) I have some that I have learned how to improve and that I know know I could do differently, when I think of some of this things that I've learned this year I'm really pleased that I've done this challenge :D but I'm not sure I could have made it this far without the support that I've received through TP, I think that I've well and truly found a home on here (y) it's a fantastic place to learn and develop your photography and a forum that I'm truly proud to be a member of (y)

I'm still thinking that I must be mad to sign up for this all over again next year, but that's like :D and I really hope that I can do as well next year with my 2012 366 challenge (y)

Matt :cool:

Day 345 - Is it after eight yet?

I'd already decided this was what I was going to do for my POTD for today earlier this afternoon but had to wait till later in the evening :D

345/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

This shows one of our nice time pieces with and array of After Eights :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Last edited:
I like the thought you have put in for this one Matt, the inclusion of the after eights is a great idea

Thanks Michael (y) this is actually a V2 issue of this photo as I had some great C&C very quickly in my thread dedicated to this image so I did a quick re shoot and changed the image :D

Matt

Day 346 - Getting reflective

Approaching the end of this years project I'm starting to think about all the different things that I've tried, some have been successful, so not but it's been a massive amount of fun and I'm equally looking forward to doing it all over again next year but at the same time felling a little trepidation about it, today I managed to pick up some nice clementines still with some leaves on them, I missed taking a photo of some like this last Christmas time so it's nice to be able to do it this year..

I decided to try and get a bit of reflection action going on with this so nicked the glass from a photo frame I have spare lying about. cleaned this then placed over some black card and then to light up the subject I did a little light painting :D

346/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Matt.....is this like Willy wonkas wallpaper because I was tempted to reach in and just taste.the juice it looks so good.....

Matt.....is this like Willy wonkas wallpaper because I was tempted to reach in and just taste.the juice it looks so good.....

:LOL: :LOL: Thank Kev, it did come out well :D

Matt

Day 347 - Festive Feeling

A festive view of my home village, I like this angle it was a real shame about number of cars that we around this evening :(

347/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 349 - Reflecting on my challenge

I had the idea earlier today to get the idea of a flame coming out of the water to create a reflection of that flame, little did I know just how much work would be in getting that idea into the camera and onto the memory card :LOL:

This is such a simple photo to look at but to take please let me assure you it was not :bang:

349/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Liking this lots also, love the way the reflected flame draws you in and leads you up towards the candle. Very nice work :)

Thank you Roly, that's just what I was going for (y)

Matt

Day 350 - and the lord said, Let there be light

So I was out this evening with my brother in law and fellow member Darrell (theDodo) for a bit of fun with light painting, and this is the result of out joint endeavors :D

350/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Really like the flame shot mate!

Thanks Ben, it was a frustrating photo to get :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Matt well done to you both :clap: That is just excellent! Love it (y)

Thanks Michael we are both really pleased with this one there was a lot of work in it (y)

Matt, that's a really nice photograph. Looking back at some of your images you've been on quite a journey !

(y)

Nick

Thank you Nick, it's been a amazing year of photography for me :D

Matt

Day 351 - Men at Work

A photo done for our website showing TPer TheDodo (Darrell) hard at work with the tunes just before the party get's going

351/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

P.s I'm in there too but I'm in the shadows with the flash gun :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Nice pic that Matt, you kind of have 2 pics in 1 there, I think the floor itself upto the white light would make a great crop also.

Thanks Michael and I see what you mean the floor alone would have made and image :D

Matt

Day 352 - Passed Times

I've been meaning to get out and take photo of Warwick Castle for months, while this evening I had the perfect excuse in that my niece wanted to go out with me to start to learn a bit of photography, tonight we are going to get to grips with editing etc and start a flickr account for her, I think there is a possibility that she will also become a new Junior Member of TP (y)

352/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Settings for this photo are, 25s exposure - f/9 - ISO100 with a B&W ND110 fitted (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Lovely pic Matt, like everything about it. Your neice has a good tutor!

Thank you Michael I'll be taking her out again tomorrow (y) I'm taking her out to Stratford to the butterfly farm as I know she will get some good stuff there :D Though I suspect that uncle Matt will hardly get to use his own camera :bang:

Matt

Day 353 - A Moving Macro

Now I'm not saying that this is a moving photo, more about the butterfly would not stop moving :LOL:

353/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Done with a set of full manual extension tubes twinned with a 50/1.8 locked at f/8 (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 354 - Massive Macro...

...now there is an oxymoron if ever I saw one :LOL: but it is totally true, today I tried something that I've never done before and that's a stitched macro image so this is 12 separate images stitched together to make a single image (y)

The final image is nearly 62 mega pixels in size (y)

354/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

If you want to see a really big version CLICK HERE

Matt
MWHCVT

Back