MWHCVT(Matt's) Challenge 365 - Completed

cracking picture Matt. The large one is very impressive. What software did you use?

Thanks Michael to stitch it together I just used PSE7 :D and then transfer it into my normal photoscape to do the editing (y) I'm pleased that you like it :D

Matt

Day 355 - Inspired by TP

I'll admit it this is not a original idea of mine it was inspired by Iain in his thread and I wanted to give it a go (y)

355/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

I cannot believe that there is only 10 day's left to go in this thread, and that I'm going to do it all over again next year :eek:

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 356 - Detailed Fly

I've done fly's as part of this challenge before but this time I decided to give it a real detail treatment, I'm rather pleased with the final image :D

356/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Like the water drop Matt, something else I will have to give a try. The fly's looks really good, like the layout.

Thanks Michael, I love macro photography so it's always fun to give it a go, though it must be one of the most frustrating photos to take :bang:

Matt

Day 357 - Golden Light :D

It's been raining heavily all day so I've not been able to get out the house, so I though that I would use my 50/1.8 and get a nice DoF filled photo of part of the light in my lounge :D

357/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 358 - Her on there

I'm not a fir or feathers guy by any stretch of the imagination but when presented with an opportunity I git it a try :D

358/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

So this heron was in my neighbor's tree this afternoon, conditions were far from perfect but that said I'm still rather pleased with this one :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 359 - Ball Balls and Bokeh

Ball Balls and Bokeh, that's a way to spend, so as to not have to go out to get a POTD today I decided to do it while still out very early Christmas morning :D

359/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

This is a fibre optic Christmas tree in the bar where I was helping Darrell (Thedodo) to play into christmas in Daventry :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 360 - Following the Festive star to the end :D

Okay it's boxing day, so I wanted to take it easy tonight so I decided to resurrect and old favourite of mine from earlier in the challenge, but since this is a Christmas time photo, this is out of the Haribo Christmas Selection :D

360/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Yep, it's amazing how quick it has come round this last month. I have just finished my 52, going to be doing another in the new year. (y)

I plan on working my way through some of this years 52's this week, I've just not been able to comment on as many as often as I would have liked too :bang:

Matt

Day 361 - Up to the Dassett

I when out for a ride this after noon to take some photo's and dragged Michael (m_hancox) out so he could play with his first DSLR (400D) This was taken at the top of Burton Dassett

361/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

This was taken at the top of Burton Dassett Hills and the Beacon that sits at it's peak overlooking most of Warwickshire (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Last edited:
Simple and very effective...minimal I guess is more the word? Liking it Matt.....nearly at the 365 mark..

I know :eek: I'm getting worried as I had some big plan's for my 365/365 but my cars gone wrong so I think I'll have to spend the money I'd set aside for that final image on the car, we shall see :thinking:

I'm pleased you like today's image (y)

Matt

Good work on that image. Great moody sky.
I can't believe the end of the 365 has come round so quickly :)

Hiya Matt,

I trust you have had an amazing festive season, and I bet you have spoiled your new little niece so much.

It has been a while since I commented on your 365, the festive season has consumed so much of my time and I have had to deal with so many personal issues so not been much in the frame of mind of late. However, I decided tonight to do a catch up on all the Photo52s and your 365 (and in some respects I am leaving the best for last ;)).

If there is one person I had to choose in TP land who deserves respect, it would have to be you. Your dedication and thought you have portrayed in your 365 is so credible and inspiring. Not to mention the comments, critique and feedback you leave on other post, and the valuable tutorials you have contributed to the forum (especially your Light Trails).

I have learned so much from you, on both a personal and photographic basis. You are an asset to TalkPhotography, a much loved member and I look forward to meeting you soon (perhaps at the TP Convention in May). You are a fantastic friend (y)

So onto my catchup of c&c which I doubt will be a finale, especially as you still have a few to post till the end, but I thought with all the effort your have put into your challenge, it deserves a good seeing to :D

I will pick up where I left last:

Day 345: I recall posting comments to same on the thread you created for same, so I won't repeat myself here.

Day 346: Wow! this is fantastic .... great colour and detail (although I would have preferred a bit more detail of the leaf in the reflection). What did you use as a base/background? It is very effective!

Day 367: Gorgeous lead in line and reflection. I don't know why .... but somehow I think a slight vignette might add to this shot.

Day 348: Absolutely AMAZING!! I love this photo. however, I would have been tempted to clone out the lights in the centre and to the right (creating more of a silhouette. But otherwise, the composition and exposure is gorgeous.

Day 349: OMG Matt you have got my juices flowing with this one ..... I think this is one of your best shots!!!! It has the most dreamy feel to it, well exposed, great reflection, the colours are amazing, it just feels so REAL. :love: it.

Day 350: OMG how the **** do you do that? Andy (posiview) would be in his element capturing such a shot (as would I too). That is absolutely brilliant and taking light painting to the extreme. :clap: I would say it is Award Winning!

Day 351: Very colourful, and has a very 'party' feel to it.

Day 352: Beautiful .... perhaps slightly too much saturation for my liking, but a brilliant shot.

Day 353: Different, but not your best :shrug:

Day 354: Wow that is some macro .... well done :clap:

Day 355: Good idea, but appears a bit noisy, especially to the left and right of the frame.

Day 356: I have no knowledge of fishing (except fishing for crabs with chicken bones tied to a piece of string :LOL:) However, your montage and the colours of the photos are great,

Day 357: Lovely!!!!

Day 358: Wow well caught!

Day 359: TBH this one doesn't grab my attention, it seems very busy and I can't seem to find the 'focus' of same. However, great colours.

Day 360: Different .... yet in some uncanny way I like it.

Day 361: Great colours, moody sky, perhaps a tad over saturated, and also think it needs a slight rotation anti clockwise. Also not sure about the lead in of the path so far to the right. Perhaps if there had a bit more green slightly right of same would have benefited the shot :shrug:

As I have already mentioned above, you have done a great job with your 365 Matt, I look forward to seeing the finale!

All the best for 2012, and I look forward to meeting you later in the year at the TP convention.

Thank you too for all your support, motivation and encouragement throughout the year whilst doing my Photo52 (which I have now finally completed ... and that was a challenge in itself, so hats off to you for doing a 365).

You are a gem! :love:

All the best for 2012.

Luv

Dx

Good work on that image. Great moody sky.
I can't believe the end of the 365 has come round so quickly

Thanks Ben, it's hard to believe the year is so nearly over :shake: I'm still unsure if I'm totally mad for doing it all over again next year :bonk:

Hiya Matt,

I trust you have had an amazing festive season, and I bet you have spoiled your new little niece so much.

It has been a while since I commented on your 365, the festive season has consumed so much of my time and I have had to deal with so many personal issues so not been much in the frame of mind of late. However, I decided tonight to do a catch up on all the Photo52s and your 365 (and in some respects I am leaving the best for last).

If there is one person I had to choose in TP land who deserves respect, it would have to be you. Your dedication and thought you have portrayed in your 365 is so credible and inspiring. Not to mention the comments, critique and feedback you leave on other post, and the valuable tutorials you have contributed to the forum (especially your Light Trails).

I have learned so much from you, on both a personal and photographic basis. You are an asset to TalkPhotography, a much loved member and I look forward to meeting you soon (perhaps at the TP Convention in May). You are a fantastic friend

So onto my catchup of c&c which I doubt will be a finale, especially as you still have a few to post till the end, but I thought with all the effort your have put into your challenge, it deserves a good seeing to

I will pick up where I left last:

Day 345: I recall posting comments to same on the thread you created for same, so I won't repeat myself here.

Day 346: Wow! this is fantastic .... great colour and detail (although I would have preferred a bit more detail of the leaf in the reflection). What did you use as a base/background? It is very effective!

Day 367: Gorgeous lead in line and reflection. I don't know why .... but somehow I think a slight vignette might add to this shot.

Day 348: Absolutely AMAZING!! I love this photo. however, I would have been tempted to clone out the lights in the centre and to the right (creating more of a silhouette. But otherwise, the composition and exposure is gorgeous.

Day 349: OMG Matt you have got my juices flowing with this one ..... I think this is one of your best shots!!!! It has the most dreamy feel to it, well exposed, great reflection, the colours are amazing, it just feels so REAL.

Day 350: OMG how the **** do you do that? Andy (posiview) would be in his element capturing such a shot (as would I too). That is absolutely brilliant and taking light painting to the extreme. I would say it is Award Winning!

Day 351: Very colourful, and has a very 'party' feel to it.

Day 352: Beautiful .... perhaps slightly too much saturation for my liking, but a brilliant shot.

Day 353: Different, but not your best :shrug:

Day 354: Wow that is some macro .... well done

Day 355: Good idea, but appears a bit noisy, especially to the left and right of the frame.

Day 356: I have no knowledge of fishing (except fishing for crabs with chicken bones tied to a piece of string :LOL:) However, your montage and the colours of the photos are great,

Day 357: Lovely!!!!

Day 358: Wow well caught!

Day 359: TBH this one doesn't grab my attention, it seems very busy and I can't seem to find the 'focus' of same. However, great colours.

Day 360: Different .... yet in some uncanny way I like it.

Day 361: Great colours, moody sky, perhaps a tad over saturated, and also think it needs a slight rotation anti clockwise. Also not sure about the lead in of the path so far to the right. Perhaps if there had a bit more green slightly right of same would have benefited the shot

As I have already mentioned above, you have done a great job with your 365 Matt, I look forward to seeing the finale!

All the best for 2012, and I look forward to meeting you later in the year at the TP convention.

Thank you too for all your support, motivation and encouragement throughout the year whilst doing my Photo52 (which I have now finally completed ... and that was a challenge in itself, so hats off to you for doing a 365).

You are a gem!

All the best for 2012.

Luv

Dx

Thank you Dawn I've well and truly settling into TP now and I'm looking forward to the start of the new year, It's been a wonderful year, I've learnt so much it is unreal

346 was done using a sheet of glass with some black card under the glass

347 maybe could use a vignette looking at it now

348 I see what you mean about the lights in the centre

349 I'm pleased that you like this one as honestly it was a real pain to capture, a lot hard than I expected

350 That was a lot of fun to do it took about 20-25 minutes to capture :D we were both very cold by the end of it all but it was worth it :D

351 I did this to really capture our small party set up to show customers what we can do for them (y)

352 I love that view of the castle :D and have been waiting to do it in the daylight

353 that type of macro is not for everyone

354 I though that you would like that one

355 I'm not sure why this is one is a noisy at it is :shrug: I think it's the properties of the CD more than the camera

356 I love getting the detail in so that montage really suited me

358 Was luck more than anything

359 The focus was on the ball ball but to be honest it was not that great bang I was lying down under the tree in the middle of a busy pub so was a little distracted

360 I think it came out well :D

361 I was trying to use the path as a bit of lead into the beacon :D

As always I really appreciate your reviews of my challenge

Matt

Day 361 - Up to the Dassett

I when out for a ride this after noon to take some photo's and dragged Michael (m_hancox) out so he could play with his first DSLR (400D) This was taken at the top of Burton Dassett

361/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

This was taken at the top of Burton Dassett Hills and the Beacon that sits at it's peak overlooking most of Warwickshire (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Once again, lovely pic Matt. (y)

Hi Matt

soory for not visiting your thread so often to comment...always take a nosey at your POTD though...you have put anamazing amount of work into this project & produced some stunning images :clap:

346....Love the reflection & spot on color
348....just beautiful
350.... great colors
360...beautifully sharp & lovely simple colors & love those bubbles (y)

Possibly a touch :wacky: for starting all over again next year but look forward to seeing more great images

Best wishes for a great New Year to you n yours (y)

Once again, lovely pic Matt. (y)

Thank you Michael, I'm amazed at myself to think that I'd never done a HDR image when I first started this project it was one of the things that I wanted to to learn over the year and I personally think I've produced some decent ones this year :woot:

Hi Matt

soory for not visiting your thread so often to comment...always take a nosey at your POTD though...you have put anamazing amount of work into this project & produced some stunning images :clap:

346....Love the reflection & spot on color
348....just beautiful
350.... great colors
360...beautifully sharp & lovely simple colors & love those bubbles (y)

Possibly a touch :wacky: for starting all over again next year but look forward to seeing more great images

Best wishes for a great New Year to you n yours (y)

Thank you Lynne (y) no need to apologise the fact that your looking is good enough for me :D I'm seriously happy with some of the photo's that I've produced this years but still have some ideas to take into next years challenge :woot:

I think that your right I mist be totally mad to be doing it all over again but it's been great fun and I'm hoping to get to see a little more of the country starting at the beginning of the year when I shall be heading up to your part of the world I believe :D

I hope that 2012 is a great year for you and yours also (y)

Matt

I would agree Matt, the hdr images you have done have been great. Not done much with it myself, only got elements 10, what hdr stuff do you use?

I use some dedicated software for HDR processing called Dynamic Photo HDR, it's a great piece of software (y) you can download a free version of it that will leave a watermark but it really allows you to evaluate it to see if you like it (y)

Matt

Day 362 - Passed Time

I decided to do a little more still life light painting today for my POTD today I painted it to have areas of it just starting to fade into the dark, in the thinking that soon this radio will be quite useless when the entire country switches to digital radio :razz: blooming annoying IMO

362/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks Matt, I will take a look, will give it a go when I get my own laptop back from the repairers (y)

No worries it a great little bit of software (y) and real easy to use :woot:

Hiya Matt,

I am of the old school, and appreciate the technology of same .... I recall listening to a Roberts radiogram when I was a child, and sadly you have a point, when all goes digital, these icons of our youth will die. Hence why I still have a midi Hi-fi, turntable and all .... so I can remind my son of where I came from, the things I used to appreciate and hopefully he will have a better understanding of the world he lives in an appreciate same, especially the technological advancement.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hiya Matt,

I am of the old school, and appreciate the technology of same .... I recall listening to a Roberts radiogram when I was a child, and sadly you have a point, when all goes digital, these icons of our youth will die. Hence why I still have a midi Hi-fi, turntable and all .... so I can remind my son of where I came from, the things I used to appreciate and hopefully he will have a better understanding of the world he lives in an appreciate same, especially the technological advancement.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Trust me Dawn I'll be going out and buying the DAB version of this radio (y) I'm just a little miffed as this one was well over a hundred quid :bat:

Matt

Trust me Dawn I'll be going out and buying the DAB version of this radio (y) I'm just a little miffed as this one was well over a hundred quid :bat:

Matt

Yep I can well imagine you are miffed, because that is some seriously sexy piece of kit!

Yep I can well imagine you are miffed, because that is some seriously sexy piece of kit!

I don't normally buy stuff based on style and look I care more about the functionality of what I buy more than what it looks like (y)

But this was an example where I broke that rule it's a stunning piece of kit (y)

Matt

I don't normally buy stuff based on style and look I care more about the functionality of what I buy more than what it looks like (y)

But this was an example where I broke that rule it's a stunning piece of kit (y)

Matt

Indeed, I love it! It has such character and a very 60's feel .......you are fortunate to possess same. ;)

Dx

Day 363 - The new age

It's being drummed into us that e-readers are the new way to read, so I shot this one with my mum's Christmas present from us, on top of a selection of books...

Shot with the e-reader on the top with progressively older books towards the bottom, with the light fading into the darkness

363/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

I think this would be even better Matt, if you cropped some of the dead space out from the top. I do like it. A nice bit of light painting

Thanks Michael, you should see some of the development ideas that have been suggested for this one (y)

Matt

Back