Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) - The Year of the Thousandth

Sonriendo said:
I do like that one Matt, although i think I'd have been inclined to lose that bush/tree to the right - take a chain saw next time :)

Oh please don't put ideas like that in my head as I would do it ;)

vince31 said:
Matt it works as always but I believe it's missing your Wow factor !!

Yeah I think I should have waited for more stars :(

whipspeed said:
Like that one Matt as Tim says, flikr to the rescue, it looks great large as there is so much more detail in there. You've even made light polution look good here.

Very kind of you to say Sarah :) glad you like it

JakeT1992 said:
I viewed it much bigger! I like it, but I'm not 100%!

That's fair enough :) I think if I'd waited another hour for the stars to really show themselves it would look a lot better :)

Cg_Girl said:
On flickr large this looks ace Matt!

Glad you like it T :D

Day 65 - Juicy

I was thinking about what I wanted to do for my POTD earlier and it came down to go out and shoot a rather naff landscape, as the light was awful today, or do something around the house, so this is a simple orange photo :D

I just want to lick the juice up it does look very tasty :cautious:

65/365 (796) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

I really like the vibrant colours in the oranges and you are right, they look very juicy! Love the composition and the way in which both kind of make up one slice! :)

Nice, I'd forgotten how wel fruit and veg photograph, might just have to raid the fridge later :)

vince31 said:
Nice closeup juicy and colourful shot Matt:)

Thanks Vince, I really like this one for no other reason that the hit of colour :D

~Sam~ said:
I really like the vibrant colours in the oranges and you are right, they look very juicy! Love the composition and the way in which both kind of make up one slice! :)

Thanks Sam, you've highlighted everything I love in this shot :)

Sonriendo said:
Nice, I'd forgotten how wel fruit and veg photograph, might just have to raid the fridge later :)

:D I look forward to seeing what you come up with Sarah (y)

Very tasty Matt! def something i need to try on these miserable grey days(y)

I like juicy. Nicely captured! And the title reminds me of the classic Biggie song (Don't know if I'm going too young, hip and happenin' for ya'll) :LOL:

Last edited:
Day 66 - Pure

It could have been pure for the whiteness of the flowers petals but alas no...

Not feeling it today, actually the day has been "pure" disappointment, it's been a flat grey day with nothing endearing in it at all, I've been totally starved of inspiration...

I'm off with a friend to the butterfly farm at Stratford so hopeful the bright colours of tomorrow will brighten up the mood and compensate for todays dullness :(

66/365 (797) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

I love the flower. I love the black background. I love the flower against the black background. :)

I do quite like that Matt although not sure about the text either.
Have a good day today with the butterflies.

I like the flower! But I feel the text is too OTT and bright for the photo. Butterfly farm - now this I look forward too!

Now you've said it yeah your totally correct, should have toned down the brightness on the text :bang:

Same as Jake, I think a slightly lower opacity in the text layer would work well. Know what you mean about the weather though :(

God hasn't it been miserable :( today is even worse I think :bang:

Yep - it's too pure white for the flower ;)

Completely agree :(

I love the flower. I love the black background. I love the flower against the black background. :)

Thanks Sam, appreciated (y)

Matt a powerful black and white that tells a story !! I like it very much

Thanks Vince, it really is what I was going for (y)

I do quite like that Matt although not sure about the text either.
Have a good day today with the butterflies.

I've had a wonderful day with the butterfly's I had arranged to meet up with a local TPer and it was a wonderful morning/afternoon (y)

I wonder what day 61 would look like with the church in silhouette?

Not really a possibility here because of the street lighting :(

Yep you're right, even bloody worse today. Foggy and grotty. But I was determined to do an outdoor shot today, so have been out.

Oh well done you, that said sometimes with the right location this type of weather can create a really atmospheric landscape (y)

Day 67 - Mission Accomplished

A bit random I know to go to biggest butterfly house in the country and come away with a photo of an Ant as my POTD, but you need to understand that it's taken 5 visits over 3 years of my challenge 1000 to actually get a usable photo of a leaf cutter ant with leaf

67/365 (798) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 63.....WOW!!!!! Matt just another awesome shot from you matey......really need to get into this....bloomin love it.

Day 64.....nice shot, certainly better viewing the larger shot through Flickr

Day 65....lovely shot, nice comp, excellent colours (y)

Day 66...agree with others, it would be a better shot without the text matey

Day 67...just a wonderful shot and as Sarah said, well worth the wait.

Excellent, worth the wait, it's got a great big bit of leaf, is on a good plain base and has a nice black background. Nice detail as well.

I'm very pleased to have finally got it :D was a wonderful little session, I may organize another TP meet there later this year :D

Day 63.....WOW!!!!! Matt just another awesome shot from you matey......really need to get into this....bloomin love it.

Day 64.....nice shot, certainly better viewing the larger shot through Flickr

Day 65....lovely shot, nice comp, excellent colours (y)

Day 66...agree with others, it would be a better shot without the text matey

Day 67...just a wonderful shot and as Sarah said, well worth the wait.

Thanks Simon, you should get into the light painting it's a massive amount of fun, I'm glad that overall you like the photo's (y)

Excellent Matt, beautifully sharp and the fore and back grounds really add to the shot - now then where are the butterflies? :D

That is really nice Matt, great subject well caught against a good background.

Back