My Braun Super Paxette project

OK if you're not totally bored with my collection yet, here's the final* rangefinder coupled lens for the Paxette system, fresh off the boat from Germany. It's the lens standing up on the top right:

It's a Steinheil Munchen Tele-Quinar 135mm f3.5 and it's the only one I've seen for sale anywhere for a long long time - and it's optically mint!

*as far as I know - happy to be corrected!

Ped you mentioned an "Enna" lens right back when this thread started : I have one here, what is it?
Text reads "Enna Werk Munchen Ennit 1:2.8/45 Nr.2113261"

If it's not for your rangefinder-coupled mount, then what?

It is machined bright alloy with a black scale in the middle and a tiny red slidey switch.

Ped you mentioned an "Enna" lens right back when this thread started : I have one here, what is it?

It is machined bright alloy with a black scale in the middle and a tiny red slidey switch.
Put up some pics, that'll help a lot (y)

Hi there

Sounds like a bayonet mount lens for the later series cameras like this one from Nick's fave shop, Rocky Cameras:

http://www.rockycameras.com/braun-paxette-automatic-super-iii-rangefinder-camera--1999-35619-p.asp

Yes Ped, it looks very similar to that one, so that's a bayonet-fit but still for a rangefinder, thanks.
Mine has a less garish red slider :)
Were there any other body makes using the exact same mount?

Yes Ped, it looks very similar to that one, so that's a bayonet-fit but still for a rangefinder, thanks.
Mine has a less garish red slider :)
Were there any other body makes using the exact same mount?

I'm not 100% sure. I think there's a body by a company called DeJur which uses the Paxette lenses...

Here's a new pic - just to show off a display stand I just got in the post!

One lens left to hunt down - and it's one of the more common and least well regarded, the Steinheil Cassrit 2.8/50. Trouble is they normally come with a body attached which I don't need, and priced seem to fluctuate wildly. Probably partly my fault!!

A worthy bump Ped.

Now, maybe you're the guy to identify this hollow alloy thing I got at a recent car-boot-fair ;

LensExtensionThing.JPG

A worthy bump Ped.

Now, maybe you're the guy to identify this hollow alloy thing I got at a recent car-boot-fair ;

LensExtensionThing.JPG
Looks like some sort of extension system? How wide is the threaded end? Does it extend out?

By the way the Paxette collection looks awesome. I think I may have to consider something similar, just to give more purpose to my impulse buying!

Last edited:
Reactions: ped
That looks like a microscope adaptor to me, if the diameter of one of the ends is about 1 inch then it's designed to slide over a microscope eyepiece.

A bit like this
big_3.jpg

It's only a guess, mind you it can't hurt to give it a try!

Reactions: ped
^^^^^^^^

:D

Better than the £100 plus on the others.

Last edited:
Yeah it's weird, prices have gone a bit mental. Generally when open to bids they'll go for about £20, but sellers are putting buy it now prices of hundreds!

I'm in no rush so I'll wait until a lens is listed at a reasonable price. Especially as it's probably the cheapest of the whole range.

It's also one of the most common so surprising I haven't ended up with one via some if the trading I've already done.

Back