My Braun Super Paxette project

John, If Ped's not interested it would be nice to be able add that to my Paxette kit. Unless you're thinking of starting your own :LOL:

ok i'll go back to the shop on Monday

the camera was sold - but the leather case [why leave.:shrug:] had lotsa bits including a tobacco tin of wee filters.

i'll let you know

ps the lens is inscribed as per my previous post

BUT IIRC some of the housing was black rather than all silver as the lens pictured above

Last edited:
ok i'll go back to the shop on Monday

the camera was sold - but the leather case [why leave.:shrug:] had lotsa bits including a tobacco tin of wee filters.

i'll let you know

ps the lens is inscribed as per my previous post

BUT IIRC some of the housing was black rather than all silver as the lens pictured above

Thanks John (y)

Quick small update - now just need a hood for the 35mm lens and a chrome rear cap for the 135mm Krez. All on order, so should be COMPLETELY complete next week!!

b67a16dd.jpg

Last edited:
That my friend is a thing of beauty.

Andy

Full kit - now (dare I say it) COMPLETE!!!

6198858670_a21ec8fc7e_z.jpg

Because of this picture I am now spending far too much time and money hunting down Voigtlander Bessamatic lenses etc to put in a lovely silver case. Yes Ped its all your fault........:nono:

:naughty:

Andy

John, If Ped's not interested it would be nice to be able add that to my Paxette kit. Unless you're thinking of starting your own :LOL:

sorry for the big delays

been busy tracking down repair kits for a couple of film cameras

anyway....it's ''this'' one

no idea at all if it works........:shrug:
so going to put an advert in ''Classifieds'' this evening

lotsa small bits too - dont know what they....:LOL:

I very rarely see complete camera collections as most seem to have one uber rare thing or too expensive piece, nice to see it.
I remember someone telling me a while ago the King bought/borrowed/stole the bayonet lens mount for their Regula rangefinder series that had removable lenses, though the lenses are not interchangeable between the systems.

King Regula IIId with the lens off, look similar?

King Regula IIId [Lens Off] by Morinaka_2010, on Flickr

What do you use to get them all so shiny or are you buying them in this condition?

Andy

Thanks mate.

Andy

No probs - be careful of the writing on the index scale though as sometimes the silver polish will make the colours come off slightly.

I also found some alcoholic wipes worked well. Sad as it may sound I even get out a pin and use it to gouge out any gunk/oil from the knurled rings around the aperture/focal adjustment rings.

All this and I haven't hoovered in weeks!

Cheers

Not sad at all, well not according to my values, just normal everyday OCD....:D

Andy

Sad as it may sound I even get out a pin and use it to gouge out any gunk/oil from the knurled rings around the aperture/focal adjustment rings
Best thing i've found for this is buy some packs of uber cheap toothbrushes (like 15p for two), dunk them in isopropyl alcohol and the bristles get in all the knurled bits easily and quickly remove the dirt.

Excellent idea.

Andy

Ahem

Did I say the kit was complete? Well I think that was a typo.

Who can tell what I've added? There's one more thing to come, too.

Shutter release cable on the rhs?

My word thats pretty.

Andy

There's a new body in there.

Is it a Super Paxette 35?

Yeah that's right, it's the only other rangefinder coupled screw mount body. Also I have a full set of Kodak 29.5mm filters including a diffusion disc.

So, is the kit 'complete' now?

If I may revive this thread :)

It was a great pleasure to meet-up with you, Chris; and looking forward to your next project / collection (y)

Yes, you too. Wish we could have spent longer talking but I hope we'll meet up again as we discussed.

For those of you who don't know, I made Wail a Paxette kit of his own (4 bodies, 11 lenses, accessories) which contained an item from EVERY CONTINENT on the planet (excluding Antarctica)

It was great fun and I can't wait to see some pics, Wail!

Cheers
ped

P.s I have pics of Wail's kit to share but I'll need to find them

Back