My Corns

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
Inspired by @Dale.'s images of his corns, it gave me a chance to check out the camera on my new phone.
First impressions are good.

The Male

20231105_190043.jpg

The female

20231105_190447.jpg

And the female coming out from her usual hiding place, cork bark log.
It was feeding time

20231105_190919.jpg

Nice Chris, lovely snakes. One of ours is the same colour as your female.

Phew, I was worried it was going to be your feet :LOL::exit:
Me too :ROFLMAO:

Hmmmm now there is an idea to check out the macro function on the camera (y)
Should you try it, I'd be interested in the picture of how you execute this, assuming you are both photographer and subject :ROFLMAO:

The female has lovely markings. Are they different ages, or is the male usually that much bigger?

The female has lovely markings. Are they different ages, or is the male usually that much bigger?
I've no idea of the ages TBH Bee, I bought them nearly 2 years ago, as adults, and they have grown since.
Male corn snakes do tend to be bigger, and have longer slender tails.
Its a bit of an illusion, their heads are almost the same size, but the males is slightly bigger.

Should you try it, I'd be interested in the picture of how you execute this, assuming you are both photographer and subject :ROFLMAO:
I've just discovered that I am not a contortionist sorry :D

Last edited:
Cable release and a USB/HDMI connection to a screen?

ON topic comments now!

Nice looking pair of snakes. Is the female usually that much brighter than the male or is she just more recently moulted? Was it this pair that bred relatively recently?

Nice looking pair of snakes.
Thanks Nod.
Is the female usually that much brighter than the male or is she just more recently moulted?
They come in a few different colours, the female is the classic corn snake colour, the male is more "rat snake" colour TBH.

Was it this pair that bred relatively recently?
Its about 20 months, doesn't time fly?

The 2 surviving off spring, one is like mum, the other has similar patterns, but black and grey.

There was a lot of courtship behaviour April this year, but no results.

Last edited:
20 months!!! Must be getting old!

Didn't realise there was so much diversity between individuals = good job all humans look the same...

Last edited:
All snuggled up after their meal.
well-fed.jpg

Back