My last post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking the view that if SS hasn't said outright who he is, then it's not on for someone else to name him.

I doubt whether physical or mental injury comes into it! :)

DemiLion said:
I'm taking the view that if SS hasn't said outright who he is, then it's not on for someone else to name him.

I doubt whether physical or mental injury comes into it! :)

I thought he'd all but said his name. I don't know anyone in the field and knew who it was within 10 secs of googling.

That reminds me of:

Oi carn't read and Oi carn't write,
But thart don't seem to matter,
'Cause I support Sooufhamp'on,
An' I carn droive a trac'or

:D

Last edited:
He's known as Shouty Bob and worked as Director of Photographic Policy at Southampton FC. :D

Is this connected:
Following selected media comment the Club wishes to make clear that no media organisations, whether they be local or national press, have been banned from reporting on matches at St Mary’s Stadium. Providing that each such organisation has made the usual application to attend any matches to the Club’s media department, and has the standard Accreditation Licence, they will continue to be welcome at the Club.

The Club has decided to make available to external media organisations photographic images taken by the Club’s own professional sports photographers only. These images will be available to all media organisations on normal commercial terms. The purpose of this is solely to protect the Club’s commercial revenues derived from the use of its wholly-owned images.

Saints fans will of course continue to be able to see a wide range of match day photography on the Club website.

I recall reading this last year, and wondered why Southampton thought their images were worth more than anyone elses?

I can't believe I missed this..
Not sure im allowed to ask but anyway.

1) I've made a mess of something I wanted more than ever..Is there a way of going back?
2)You once told me to start with a 50mm and work your way up, You never gave me that oppurtunity?

Thanks.

I can't believe I missed this..
Not sure im allowed to ask but anyway.

1) I've made a mess of something I wanted more than ever..Is there a way of going back?
2)You once told me to start with a 50mm and work your way up, You never gave me that oppurtunity?

Thanks.

I have read some posts on here from you and from others about you.
You seem to have messed up somewhere. I understand you are a young man, and probably thought you know best sometimes and dismissed advice from expierenced photographers, or gone against the grain, despite advice given.

That's how I read it and apologise if I've read things wrong.

If I am right, and if you hold your hands up for your mistakes, I hope you get another chance. If you do, listen and learn and drop the attitude, eat a bit of humble pie, and hopefully, someone may steer you in the direction of your desired career. Good luck and hope it happens for you.

I have read some posts on here from you and from others about you.
You seem to have messed up somewhere. I understand you are a young man, and probably thought you know best sometimes and dismissed advice from expierenced photographers, or gone against the grain, despite advice given.

That's how I read it and apologise if I've read things wrong.

If I am right, and if you hold your hands up for your mistakes, I hope you get another chance. If you do, listen and learn and drop the attitude, eat a bit of humble pie, and hopefully, someone may steer you in the direction of your desired career. Good luck and hope it happens for you.

Can't thank you enough for the above post - Means a lot!

We all do daft things when we are young. I admit I don't have any interset in sports photography, but still look through all the forums on here and the talk sports board is always quite lively and interesting. I still haven't got a clue what you did to upset your peers, but hope you can make amends. Whatever you did you still seem to have a passion for it. As I said, good luck and stick with it!

Last edited:
The trouble with school leavers these days is, they think the world owes them a living! I have had a couple of apprentices 'with attitude' who never lasted more than a month or so before I got shut. My time is far too valuable to just waste it on some kid who isn't interested and thinks he knows it all. If you are that serious about this line of work then you have to realise that you need to put 110% effort in to reap any rewards later on. Also remember that you don't know it all and the world, at present, owes you nothing!

Best of luck for your future.

You don't know me
You haven't met me
DON'T JUDGE ME!

No attitude intended, just sick of people sticking their noses in with worthless opinions that aren't due.
You aren't the one losing friends, money and education over this I AM.
It's my life your all talking about behind my back.

You don't know me
You haven't met me
DON'T JUDGE ME!

No attitude intended, just sick of people sticking their noses in with worthless opinions that aren't due.

Calm down!! At no point in my post did I say that I was judging you personally! It was a generalisation based upon my experience as an EMPLOYER!!! Get off your high horse.

Mark,

I don't want to drag anything that happens outside of this forum into it. But if other users can see from your posts then I think it's time to wake up to reality. You're young, had great opportunities to aspire to but after being told time and time again to act in a calm and courteous manner, you ended up on your ass. You blew so many chance away, stepped on too many toes, ignored lots of invaluable advice that professionals gave you. Your ungratefulness simply blew up in your face.

Stop crying out for help. Keep your head down and a low profile. Things won't happen with a click of your fingers. If you think it does then I'd love to live in your fantasy world.

You don't know me
You haven't met me
DON'T JUDGE ME!

In the words of Vic Reeves, "You just wouldn't let it lie"

I wish some of you would just man up and ring me and speak to me personally

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/mmimages

My numbers there, you know who you all are. At least you can make desicions for yourself.
Thats if im still here.

Mark, I dont know you, so this is from someone outside of your situation.

If you feel the world (TP) is against you, why not take a leaf from the book of a mentor you had, soccersnapper. Write an open letter, let people see what you want, what they can do to help you, where you are and where you want to be. It will then be out there for the world to see, if things go wrong, people can see the problem and deal with it properly, no back biting or bullying. If it goes right, people can see where the praise lies and pats on the back will be plenty. :shrug:

Whatever you choose, one thing to remember..... it's your choice

Phil.

ps drop the silly sig, there are better ways to get attention ;)

It has been an interesting thread run with lots of worthwhile comments and feedback. Many thanks to all that contributed, and please let this thread be remembered for the information it contained. As public forum open to all levels, we can't always condone the attitude soccersnapper adopted in his early posts, but by the same token he has valid points to make, it's a very tough world out there so have allowed him to have his say based on his obvious experience. There are other pro photographers here too that also have experience and offer good advice on a daily basis - to all those starting out, we suggest you take the message they offer onboard and make the most of that experience - it costs a lot more to seek it out in the big wide world.

I will now close this thread as it has drifted into unnecessary territory and has gone quite some time beyond the original suggested 48hrs.

Whatever you are shooting this weekend, have a good one (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back