My Little Munchkins

how do you get your kids to pose? hold a hammer over there favorite toy? ive been trying to get my grandaughter to sit still for weeks come on pal give us a tip lol.

Dean, connie on dcking is lovely, I prefer the colour one, I love the colours in it and the way the decking and her top are such a subtle match.

Deacon in the flat cap, is just ace, could see this as a massive canvas on a wall.

Dean, connie on dcking is lovely, I prefer the colour one, I love the colours in it and the way the decking and her top are such a subtle match.

Deacon in the flat cap, is just ace, could see this as a massive canvas on a wall.

Cheers Dave.(y)

how do you get your kids to pose? hold a hammer over there favorite toy? ive been trying to get my grandaughter to sit still for weeks come on pal give us a tip lol.

Biscuits and sweets mate.:D

My daughter absolutely loves posing for the camera.She likes to pose for the camera and then come over and look at the shot and then ask if she can take a picture as well.Which is why we have bought her a Vtech camera for her birthday this month.My son on the other hand is a little more hard work when taking his picture...he's the one we need to bribe with sweets and biscuits.:)

The one on the decking is fantastic, I do prefer the colour version though.

I'd love to be able to get a picture of my daughter like that. Beautiful.

With the right B+W conversion, I bet this would be a corker :)

(thats not to say I dont like it now, I just think B+W will be better :))

This image is awesome!! I love hoods on our girls but they just wont wear them for photos!

Might go out on the decking today as the sun is shining!

Ta

S

Big fan of those photos....both children look sweet and your lighting certainly enhances their beauty. Well done!

gorgeous photos! the decking one and the B/w of your son are both stunning!

Think this picture looked better in b&w as my daughter looks slightly sad even though she was happy through out the shots.

P.S
Thats one of my hats btw..she wanted to wear it for some reason?

Connie hat-6 by DeanSupreme, on Flickr

Last edited:

Cheers Dave.(y)

Biscuits and sweets mate.:D

I was going to ask the same thing! My niece is hardwork! Just over 2 and it hardly still for more than a second!

we have bought her a Vtech camera for her birthday this month.

Ooooooh, just looked into the vtech. Cheers could be a good xmas pressie for my niece (y)

Fantastic work Dean, can you give me a rough idea how to achieve that look above? I tend to use LR.

Fantastic work Dean, can you give me a rough idea how to achieve that look above? I tend to use LR.

Was shot on our bed with the window to the back of her with a reflector at the front.I used LR myself for the picture and just messed with the sliders.Pushed a lot of the sliders to the right to get the brightness and messed about with the skin tones a bit.

Cheers everyone for taking time to comment..:)

DEANSUPREME said:
Was shot on our bed with the window to the back of her with a reflector at the front.I used LR myself for the picture and just messed with the sliders.Pushed a lot of the sliders to the right to get the brightness and messed about with the skin tones a bit.

Cheers everyone for taking time to comment..:)

Well you have done a great job. Iam looking to change my P&P towards a simalar look to yours. I think it suits kids vwell :)

Hi dean,

Firstly apologies for not coming across this thread sooner, superb pics of the little one's. as a father of two young ones myself I can understand why most of your work is photo's of them, I'm the same :)

Subscribed to the thread now :)

Matt

Cheers Dave...it was actually your shot that you posted the other day that made me get off my backside and take some shots with the grey backdrop.(y)

Cheers Dave...it was actually your shot that you posted the other day that made me get off my backside and take some shots with the grey backdrop.(y)

Just posted a few snaps from tonight on FB i have a hunger back at the moment.. :LOL:

Grey b/g again.. ;)

Tis a nice image buddy..(y)

Nice shots dean, where did you purchase the grey background, what lighting do you use etc?

Thanks

Matt

mattd85 said:
Nice shots dean, where did you purchase the grey background, what lighting do you use etc?

Thanks

Matt

The background is a colorama smoke grey from Wex Matt.
http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-colorama-1-72x11m-smoke-grey/p1032764

For the lighting it was just one Bowens Gemini 400 with a shoot through umbrella at lowest settings.I was going to use both my Bowens as I haven't used them both together yet but space in the kitchen was a little tight.

Dean, I love the blown background pics, really like them, I can't tell what PP you've done! What do the originals look like?

The studio type ones are technically great but I much prefer your natural sort of stuff. The decking one being a real beauty (maybe pp the pink out)?

Are these mostly with the 85mm?

^Joe said:
Dean, I love the blown background pics, really like them, I can't tell what PP you've done! What do the originals look like?

The studio type ones are technically great but I much prefer your natural sort of stuff. The decking one being a real beauty (maybe pp the pink out)?

Are these mostly with the 85mm?

Not done anything major really with pics Joe other than messed with the sliders a little.Reason I asked is because I'm not on a calibrated monitor so sometimes not sure if the colours are fine.Hence the decking picture..looks fine on my monitor but you can see some pink.Gonna get myself an IPS monitor and a calibrator after Christmas so I know the colours are what I see.

Yeah all of these are with the Sigma 85mm which is always attached to my camera...well until Jan when I order my 135mm. ;-)

Cheers everyone for the comments.

Back