My Year of Portraits :) (Completed)

Just seen August's images matey ;) :clap: Very nice indeed.

Love the sharpness and colours your getting also the expressions your getting from the models..

Good work buddy always a pleasure to look at your threads.

Dave:wave:

Thanks Dave, been a struggle time wise this month, September should be better though, got another weekend in Wales with 5 of them though this time :) so with good weather, some more outside location stuff with luck :)

What a stunning photo. It looks superb on my phone. Love the background colour and the pose and expressions are great.

Thanks.

Another for you :)

IMG_2202.jpg

Every one of these shots are superb IMO. What's the 'general' rules with taking portraits?

Thanks, my general rules (though don't follow rules as such), eye needs to be sharp, and main thing I find, good interaction with the model, helps if they are relaxed and having fun :)

September

Well here are the first for September, these are from last weekends trip to Wales for 3 days on location with 5 Stunning Models, hope to get some more up soon.

1. Charlie.
IMG_3034.jpg

2. Bex.
IMG_3117.jpg

3. Sammi.
IMG_3297.jpg

4. Cheryl.
IMG_3422.jpg

5. Ashlea.
IMG_3621.jpg

2 more of the lovely Bex from the Wales shoot :) Both shots natural light :)

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3183.jpg

Last edited:
Stunning shots as usual cosmix.What would you say is your main lens for most of the shots or do you mix and match quite a bit?

Have you got any plans to shoot any more with Raphy Stu?

Image one - that window frame (?) going into her forehead doesn't work well for me.

Image two - like it but not very flattering to you subject with the nose breaking the cheek line.

Image one - that window frame (?) going into her forehead doesn't work well for me.

Image two - like it but not very flattering to you subject with the nose breaking the cheek line.

Another for September, taken at my shoot yesterday with the Stunning Tina Kay, Make up was done by Alice Bizarre :)

IMG_3872.jpg

October:

Well been a long month this month, couple of shoots, 1 def not given any portraits, and not spent much time on editing the rest, either been busy or shattered :( but here are a few of a new model, she has only done a handful of shoots, so nerves played a big part in the actual shoot for her, once I got her relaxed the, things went well :) cant decide on them though whether Mono or colour works best, and one of the monos pulled the colour of the eye back, just thought it worked better.

IMG_4852.jpg

IMG_4852_monoBE.jpg

IMG_4883.jpg

IMG_4883_mono.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

November:

Well had a shoot yesterday with the the stunning Sammi, did a few different things some more strange than others, but will start with these, the studio I was using had a prison cell, so had to use it, Sammi got in to the part very well.

IMG_5307.jpg

IMG_5342.jpg

Few more for November, this time the lovely Joanna, natural light with a reflector for fill :)

IMG_5568.jpg

IMG_5569.jpg

December: The Final Month :)

Well here is the first post for December, not sure how many there will be, but the first is here for you, from a shoot with the stunning Colleen yesterday.

IMG_6139.jpg

stuart!!... i scrolled down thinking 'please be a red head...please be a red head '. ...

colleen..beautiful pose, skin tone eye contact... i could look at it for ages if i wasn't hooked on Charlie.. (y) .... thing i'm gutted by is you get gorgeous models... i get lumbered with mr grumpy ... :D

stuart!!... i scrolled down thinking 'please be a red head...please be a red head '. ...

colleen..beautiful pose, skin tone eye contact... i could look at it for ages if i wasn't hooked on Charlie.. (y) .... thing i'm gutted by is you get gorgeous models... i get lumbered with mr grumpy ... :D

Thanks, do like the colour of her air :) and Charlie is a stunner as well :)

Hi Stuart, this has been a great project to follow and is full of stunning pics. Number 2 in November I really like a lot along with today's pic too

Thanks, has been fun doing it :)

Well these are likely to be the last posted for my year of Portraits, cant believe it is nearly a year since I started this thread, been fun seeing how things have come on, still loads to learn, and will continue taking portraits as do like them, so to finish of the year, the lovely Colleen.

This I love,
IMG_6190.jpg

And this is already in, but did an edit that turned out well I think so thought would add :)
IMG_6106_bg.jpg

Thanks to all that have followed this year with me :)

Well done buddy you did better than me... lol;)

thats it!!!! i've gone blind and my hands are seriously sprouting hair ....

colleen are too good!! ...that hair colour... if only i could speak french the words would be endless and like poetry to describe your talent and her poses.. (y)

..not forgetting charlie though .. ;)

A great finale Stuart, lovely images as they have been through out the year, Really impressed with the final edit of Colleen, that works very well indeed.

Thanks, do like that final edit, first try at something like that :)

thats it!!!! i've gone blind and my hands are seriously sprouting hair ....

colleen are too good!! ...that hair colour... if only i could speak french the words would be endless and like poetry to describe your talent and her poses.. (y)

..not forgetting charlie though .. ;)

Thanks, Working with all the great models that I have has made a big difference, they are all stunner's in there own right, look forward to more shoots with some of them :) and many others as well :)

Back