New Old Film Challenge #102 - Urban Landscape - Discussion thread

@dmb I am loving that the lane is like 3 feet wide but they still put double yellow lines down it :LOL:

It made me wonder if you did squeeze say a Bond Bug down there would you get two tickets for parking on two sets of double yellow lines?

There is a motorbike shop down that alley, so the lines do sort of make sense

Probably was full up with motorbikes and pedestrians complained.....talking about motorbikes and it reminds me of the idiot London mayor who is extending the vehicle pollution zone many miles out from the centre of London and according to the official web site my 234cc motorbike is not allowed in o_O:rolleyes:

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly in Downtown Glasgow https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...2-urban-landscape-entries.692824/post-8390219

Taken from the hotel in Cambridge Street, the Good properties on the left are traditional Glasgow tenements made from sandstone, and with shops and a restaurant at ground level. The Bad are the concrete towers thrown up in the 60s as an attempted solution and "modernisation", while the Ugly is the concrete monstrosity of the multi-storey carpark for the shoppers on nearby Sauchiehall Street. These are priced reasonably for the first 3 hours or so to accommodate shoppers, then the price shoots up to exclude all day parkers such as workers.

Last edited:
@Kevin Allan - That takes me back. Visited the smelter in early 80's while doing my MSc at Newcastle. Those handling facilities may post date my visit as I recall they had problems with dust and local's cars in high winds.

This subject has made me realize ,that I have nothing even remotely urban in my photography collection never mind film only, I feel a project coming along !

Back