New Old Film Challenge #164 Album Cover

Time to decide who is this week's number 1 by voting for your 3 favourite album covers.

• Dirty Dealings

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Resolution

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Crafts Psychedelic Fantasy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York, Chicago, Blaenau Ffestiniog

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Square Track

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Earth and Sky

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • On the Beach

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • The Black Album

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Platform 3

• Night Fever

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Hope We Don’t Meet Again

• On the Corner

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Bin Surfin

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Badger

Didymus
Edit My Images
No
Remember those wonderful album covers from the heyday of LP records? Be they abstract, pictorial, colourful, solarized, infrared, black and white, sepia or whatever, many of them were works of art in their own right.

This is your chance to get square format cropping and put one of your existing film photos forward as an album cover. As usual, you can give your photo a title (best not to attribute your 'album cover' to real life band though, in case they hit you with a law suit for using their name!). So put your creative and artistic head on, and may the best album cover win!

As usual the following rules apply:

Must be taken by you
Must be on film
Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date of this challenge.

Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back.

One Entry per person

Entries will close at midnight on Thursday 14th October and voting will be open for 3 days after that.

Entries only here please, discussion thread is here

Last edited:
It has to be this one. All produced by me 1978. Original photos of the band and friends, contact printed, cut and paste (using real paste) with photocopied dictionary page, Rotring stencil pens, re-photographed and the cassette album covers hand printed on matte finish Kentmere paper in the University Photographic Society darkroom that I was keyholder for.

Resolution
by D M Bloor, on Flickr

This is a scan of the print that I did last year for the Golden Wedding of Paul and Sue Cockburn, as the negs vanished in 1980. Sue is in frame 1. Can you spot the homages to "Abbey Road" album cover re Paul?

Last edited:
On The Corner (Miles Davis), Lubitel 2 + Tri-X
TheLimes copy.jpg
Very eary attempt at joining in Photoshop marred by the fact that the two photos are made with the camera in different positions. The blank rectangles are there so the album cover can show a title and personnel of course.

OK Entries now closed and poll now up. Three votes each and the poll will close at 09:47 on Monday 18th October, so don't leave it too late. (y)

Last edited:
Well done pop pickers. @FishyFish is this weeks number one... and now has that tricky second album type task of picking the next theme. Make it a good one, Nige. (y)

Back