New Old Film Challenge discussion thread

@lindsay56 alternative title for "Down on the ground'

I'm going as fast as possible, I've got my foot flat down on the floor.

Last edited:
Poll now up, vote for 3 though not your own please, closes after 3 days!

So Adrian @Jao wins this challenge, over to you...

EDIT: Oops...

Last edited:
One more day for this challenge, find your old "Opening" film shots, roll up, roll up!

Poll added, open for 3 days...

OT really, ... so, deleted the comment!

Last edited:
Posted a new challenge but did it twice. Is is possible for someone to delete the earlier postof the two? Anyway the game is on.

Sorry everyone, failed to put up the voting yesterday due to work. I'm just about to set off for Wales so I'll have to close the thread for voting either tonight or tomorrow.

Poll is up!

Actually the Earl of Derby already had a worse experience when he was beheaded outside the Man and Scythe pub on Churchgate in Bolton at the end of the Civil War.

Excellent topic @Mr Badger

I had a few to choose from for a change.
Thanks Simon, I had a few possibilities too and nearly went with this one.

Ruff and Ready.

51563019595_671b4e41b4_c.jpg

Do you not remember the days of the gatefold sleeve? :)

my favourite one of those was the "Billion Dollar Babies" album from Alice Cooper - looked like a 12" Green Snakeskin Wallet, complete with a 2 foot long 1 Billion Dollar Bill inside it...

The original Thick as a Brick album by Jethro Tull opened out into full sized broad sheet newspaper, it was huge.

Nearly all my collected albums are gate fold, but , that was from the sixties.

Do you not remember the days of the gatefold sleeve? :)

See I hadn't thought of that ! I spent ages trying to find an image that I could crop to Square that still worked ! I guess it's what you call out of the box thinking ! or cheating
I think the mangement should check if you images are square once folded in half ! Then all ofenders should be forced to use digital only and be banished from the Land of film ! :):)

my favourite one of those was the "Billion Dollar Babies" album from Alice Cooper - looked like a 12" Green Snakeskin Wallet, complete with a 2 foot long 1 Billion Dollar Bill inside it...

One of my favourite album covers is the original Black Sabbath one taken at Mapeldurham Watermill on Kodak Infrared film. That was a gatefold album too, which opened up to reveal an inverted silver cross with the sleeve notes in it, on a black background. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...er-art-keef-keith-macmillan-interview-951578/ I still have a copy which my Dad bought at the time, plus a CD version which has a mini version of the same sleeve. Classic music and a classic album.

The original Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland album is another favourite of mine, and that was a gatefold too.

As for views on whether or not people think an oblong album cover is cheating, I'll leave that to the judges when the poll goes up, as their word will be final. :cool:

Last edited:
Poll now added for Beside the seaside, beside the sea.

New challenge here... Only the lonely!

Back