New old film challenge #88 entry thread: Fall(s)

OK, vote for your favourite three, poll will be open for 3 days

• Mr Badger – fallen leaves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Badger.Brad – The Fall

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Ariel7515 – Bike with fallen leaves

• Dmb – Wrestling fall

• Wontolla – Stainforth Force

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Peter B – Clashnessie Falls

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • ChrisR - Pistyll Rhaeadr Falls

• Kevin Allen – Falls of Clyde

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Medwaygreen- Dales falls

• Joxby – Trip fall

• Andysnap – Moss Force

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Slyelessar – Fallen toy

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • -Oy- - 25 pounder bomb

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChrisR

I'm a well known grump...
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
This is the entry thread for the next installment of the New Old Film Challenge. After a bit of discussion with @Carl Hall the theme this time is 'Fall(s)' Room for a bit of imagination, aka shoe-horning or crow-barring! Add Background story if you wish (partner/child falling over, how you fell in the waterfall, oh what a lovely autumn etc) - though come voting time, perhaps we should judge the entries on the photo rather than the story....

Standard rules as always:

Must be taken by you
Must be on film
Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date
Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back
One Entry per person
As always, f&c shoehorning is positively encouraged.

Since I'll be away, this will run for a bit more than the traditional 7 (and whatevers left of today) days and voting will be be open for 3 days after that.

Closing date for entries is midnight on Saturday 28th July 2018, polling runs for 3 days from whenever I manage to get the poll up.

The discussion thread is here...

Last edited:
Taken in The FALL of 2017 I tried to take this with the Praktica only to find I had run out of film ! The back up camera came into operation (Cosmic 35m by Lomo) no metering and just trying to judge where the light sat in the old sunny 16 rule (or sunny 11 that works with this camera with this film speed ASA 200) I was very new to this ! I was quite pleased when it came back. I always under estimated this camera when I first started in 2017 taking shots I wasn't sure about and leaving the good ones to the Praktica or Jenaflex. Film is Kodak Colour plus 200 F11 at 1/60 of a second

FALL.jpg

Last edited:
This one of the waterfall at Clashnessie dates back to 2004 and was taken on either a 5x4 Calumet Cadet monorail or an Iston woody, with a 150mm lens as that was the only one I had for LF. The film and developer details haven't been recorded, but I'm pretty sure it was either FP4+ or HP5+ as they were films I was familiar with in smaller formats.

waterfall-1-5x4-tp.jpg

I think I'm going with this one:

004 by Chris R, on Flickr

This is at (I think above the main) Pistyll Rhaeadr falls, in Powys, Wales. Taken in 2012, just after I started again with film, using the Pentax ME I bought new in about 1978, with its original lens (Pentax-M 50/1.7, a real cracker), and Provia 100F. Looking at it, I wonder why I've not used Provia more! What am I scared of?

I ignored this shot when I was looking at these results in 2012, choosing a more standard shot of the main falls from the front instead. But although it is flawed, I decided I like this now much more than I did then. The other shot is next to it on my flickr account...

Last edited:
Derbyshire Dales Hasselblad Xpan with OOD Boots slide film Asa200.

Last edited:
I think I caused it
Being staggeringly attractive is a bugger sometimes...:(
Nikon FM and kodachrome

2v1lvsz.jpg

or mebbe pointing a camera at a waitress just trying to do a job in busy hour caused it....:cautious:

I was hoping I might have something a bit more left field, but no..... So a waterfall it is then :(

Mamiya C330f, 80mm lens on Portra 160 but converted cuz I wanted something atmospheric and forgot to take any black and white fillum.

Moss-Force-Waterfall1-b&w by Andy, on Flickr

Now closed, poll will go up later today once our visitors have gone and things have settled down a bit!

Poll up, vote away please

Sorry I rather forgot about this! Congratulations to @Kevin Allan for a great shot. Over to you for the next one, Kevin!

(And thanks for whoever gave me that nice one vote... :) )

A worthy winner Kevin. I visited New Lanark for the first time last week, but no interesting colour and no water in the falls! Definitely going back though. (y)

Well done Kevin, cracking shot.

Back