New Old Film Challenge discussion thread

@excalibur2 - The chap in black shirt and red shorts with glass in hand heading towards you is a vampire - he has no shadow.

@excalibur2 - The chap in black shirt and red shorts with glass in hand heading towards you is a vampire - he has no shadow.

LOL Yes the shadows are a bit mixed up when viewing the original left hand shot, but it's worse than that.

Or perhaps the palm tree trunk that suddenly changes diameter, just where it intersects with that telephone wire... hang on, maybe that's not a wire, that's a join?

@Cluster - not wanting to be all "officious" here, but as you're a fairly recent joiner to our happy band, are you sure you posted your photo in the correct thread ?

I'm trying my best, as we've a happy history of shoe-horning pictures into a topic, but I really can't see how your wonderful photo of a windswept tree fits the subject of this weeks challenge... "I'll drink to that..."

I'd respectfully suggest thay you probably intended to post it in another thread - maybe the show us your film shots or suchlike - if thats the case, let me know and I'll either move it if you tell me where, or just hide it from the competition thread (along with the comment in there about it, as all comments are supposed to be in this thread...)

Last edited:
Thanks for pointer... you are quite right, I posted as a "new old film" photo and not as the category specified.
I have removed it and will try to be more careful in future.

Dave..

Last edited:
Thanks for pointer... you are quite right, I posted as a "new old film" photo and not as the category specified.
I have removed it and will try to be more careful in future.

Dave..
no problem - it was a lovely picture, just not "on topic" for that competition.

I've tidied the thread up now folks :)

Is there a glitch in the shoehorn matrix. Is the force on its knees. Are we barefoot.

Finding a barely relevant photo is hardly a picnic I know, but don't let that hamper you folks.

:)

Is there a glitch in the shoehorn matrix. Is the force on its knees. Are we barefoot.

Finding a barely relevant photo is hardly a picnic I know, but don't let that hamper you folks.

:clap:

It's not a walk in the park, you know. It does appear we're one photo short of a picnic... (or maybe more)...

Never stopped me before!

Whoops apparently the message I was replying to was in August...

Last edited:
Well I'm just about to LEAVE this thread so my entry is in !:coat::LOL:
Rather belatedly, I realised there could be a current political dimension to this, which I didn't intend!

Nineteeneightysomething, Northampton, probably St Giles Churchyard, Kodachrome 64, Yashica FXD, some kinda lens...

I like that! On my office wall I have a print of a frosty log with a very similar colour temperature that I took on Kodachrome 64 about the same time.

Hi @Boots, discussion on this thread rather than the entry thread please! But good to see you around!

Hi @Boots, discussion on this thread rather than the entry thread please! But good to see you around!

It's ok Chris - you're not going mad - i've moved the comment from the entries into this thread...

if you spot it happen again, just rtm the post and ask for it moving to this thread (quote this thread URL as the destination, just so any of my fellow staff members know where to send the post ;) )

@Boots - no need to do anything this time - i've moved it for you. You can't move posts BTW, only staff can do that, so don't waste time looking for the option ;)

It's ok Chris - you're not going mad - i've moved the comment from the entries into this thread...

if you spot it happen again, just rtm the post and ask for it moving to this thread (quote this thread URL as the destination, just so any of my fellow staff members know where to send the post ;) )
Thanks Mark. Just realised, there was me living up to my new badge! ;)

If you're stuck inside this afternoon because of the weather, and haven't entered the New Old Film leafy thread, now's just the time to have a look through your back catalogue before it closes tomorrow night!

Poll added to the leafy challenge, somewhat belatedly, sorry about that!

Back