New Old Film Challenge discussion thread

Last dash to the line. Any memories of Happier Days to add before the cut off?

Darn it, I did have a search but then forgot to come back to it!

I'm in :)

Entries for the Doors Challenge #128 close at midnight tonight. Get your photos posted!

Entries have now closed for the Doors challenge. Great pictures everyone :)

I'll get the poll up this morning, but one question: how many votes/person is it?

Entries have now closed for the Doors challenge. Great pictures everyone :)

I'll get the poll up this morning, but one question: how many votes/person is it?
Usually 3 some times 4 depending on who is running it.

The theme for the 128th NOFC is "opposites"
Entries will close at midday on Friday 17th June 2020, and voting will be open for 3 days after that.

So Carl, would that be midday Friday 19 June, or Wednesday 17 June? ;)

Those numeric keys are tricky, Oh and shouldn't that be 129 ?

I knew the months were dragging, but 129th of june is pretty tough... bad enough May had 105 days in it (well, it felt that way... probably a function of having a grand total of 2 days in the month I didn't work, following on from working every day from the 23rd march through to the first b/h in May... it's just unremitting - god only knows how the folks in the frontline, far more stressful stuff are doing.)

(for those of you who weren't aware, i'm currently working for the NHS, behind the scenes, safe, sound and working from home, on the bean-counting side (accounts/procurement facilitation) of things. Possibly the only job in the world that would see me working this schedule, and one i'm happy to do, if my humble efforts help the real hero's out there keep as many of us alive as possible.)

Last edited:
I'm sure our paternal loving govt will ensure that the remaining summer months will have no more than two days each, just in time for the usual 90 days of November.

I knew the months were dragging, but 129th of june is pretty tough... bad enough May had 105 days in it (well, it felt that way... probably a function of having a grand total of 2 days in the month I didn't work, following on from working every day from the 23rd march through to the first b/h in May... it's just unremitting - god only knows how the folks in the frontline, far more stressful stuff are doing.)

(for those of you who weren't aware, i'm currently working for the NHS, behind the scenes, safe, sound and working from home, on the bean-counting side (accounts/procurement facilitation) of things. Possibly the only job in the world that would see me working this schedule, and one i'm happy to do, if my humble efforts help the real hero's out there keep as many of us alive as possible.)
Erm, 129th NOFC , but I know what you mean about time dragging, just filled car up for the first time since before lockdown, had to look to remember which side the filler cap was on.

There won’t be one, unless it’s entitled “space where a drone was”

Well now Mr Mocky Mocker I shall prove you very much wrong in a bit.... I think

Probably more to Carl holding the thing still :)
Or just pressing the park button! ;)

Fair play to Andy for capturing that with a TLR, I bet it was a lot easier for me to take this one of my neighbour's drone using my Canon EOS-3 SLR with 45 eye controlled AF points! I can see why fighter pilots use helmets with a similar eye tracking system for aiming missiles.

Last edited:
It's an inlet from the sea and it's certainly a slight downward slope, but possibly more an optical illusion?

Come on lads and lassies. We need a few more entries for the 'Crossed' thread.

By the way, Friday 2nd July should probably be Friday 3rd July, unless you want to wait until 2047, my hundredth birthday. Plenty of time to show us your stuff.

How long shall I let challenge #132 run........2, 2.5 or 3 weeks? One week seems a bit short?

Last edited:
The usual practice seems to be about three weeks for submissions and about a week and a half for voting though! It also appears to have become the done thing to leave it about a month before posting a new topic too! ;) :giggle:

Last edited:
The usual practice seems to be about three weeks for submissions and about a week and a half for voting though! It also appears to have become the done thing to leave it about a month before posting a new topic too! ;) :giggle:

Well as it's my challenge o_O I'll set it for 3 weeks ;)

Back