New Old Film Challenge discussion thread

Poll closed and it's a tie between me and @Mrs Snap, so many thanks for the votes! As the person running this challenge I hereby claim a casting vote as a tie-breaker, so that means @Mrs Snap is now chosen to run the next challenge. Over to you Janet.
:clap:

@PeterSpencer

crap clock; :LOL:

my dog taken by a friend; :)

my dog again (having a pee :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I cracked out laughing out loud at ^^THAT^^
:LOL:

Only a couple of hours left to post that favourite shot before closure at high noon! :wave:

New challenge has finally appeared.

Minimal.

New challenge has finally appeared.

Minimal.
Is that the right closing date of Monday 20th Feb you've put on the challenge thread? If so, the challenge would already be closing today, or have I missed something?
Cheers

Last edited:
Is that the right closing date of Monday 20th Feb you've put on the challenge thread? If so, the challenge would already be closing today, or have I missed something?
Cheers
Ah, yes.... Sorry about that all changed now.

An interesting choice of theme. Unfortunately, I'm compelled to spend a week's holiday in wonderful Northumberland and don't have access to my archive. The shots I have saved on the laptop with me don't include any suitable material I'm afraid, there is a mixture of digital and film shots and I can't be sure which is which.

By the way, I've only been here a couple of days and the light is astonishing.

On the downside, this week I decided to use, exclusively, some of my cache of outdated colour film, only in 35mm. This morning I took my Canon F1 out and found that the mirror doesn't always return after each shot. I hope that doesn't affect the pictures, we'll see. As it happens, I brought a Nikomat as well and will use that instead this week.

So, good luck everyone. So far the minimal collection is looking good.

Poll Added.

Congratulations to @zx9 on an excellent shot and to all who entered, a good selection I thought.

Challenge #202 Stones, thank you to all who have already posted their new old film images, a quick reminder to anyone who is going to get around to it that I will be closing the entries tomorrow at mid day.

Sorry Nick @RaglanSurf !

(I spent ages looking for a couple of images I took in Mossman Gorge in Queensland, which has lovely huge water-washed stones; turns out one has a damaged negative and the other is digital.)

Sorry Nick @RaglanSurf !

(I spent ages looking for a couple of images I took in Mossman Gorge in Queensland, which has lovely huge water-washed stones; turns out one has a damaged negative and the other is digital.)
Thats a shame, ,maybe we should have a 'damaged negative but great shot anyway' theme?

A well deserved win for @strax #202 Stones, over to you now for the next challenge.

Sorry if I have been a little tardy on this one, I am now back at the hotel after a day on the slopes and have internet, I also have an accordion player singing Austrian folk songs in the bar so my time connected may be limited by my tollerance to such things. :)

Congratulations @simon ess, well deserved win :clap:

New Challenge up

Before the vote, can I subtly alter my caption to read 'My bro', the big dog rapper.' instead of 'My bro', the big dog.'?

Challenge #206 closes tomorrow. Get the dog digging through your archive.

Reactions: zx9
Poll added

Poll added
Woof! Still time to vote.

So New Old Film Challenge #207 just published, let's see your Subtle Selfies. Not your blatant, camera on a tripod, sit in a chair with fancy lighting selfies, not even your selfies from holding your Hassie at arms length, reversed (!), but more subtle ones, probably accidental, but I could imagine some deliberate...

So New Old Film Challenge #207 just published, let's see your Subtle Selfies. Not your blatant, camera on a tripod, sit in a chair with fancy lighting selfies, not even your selfies from holding your Hassie at arms length, reversed (!), but more subtle ones, probably accidental, but I could imagine some deliberate...

Definitely enjoying your Subtle Selfies!

OK folks, challenge #207 ends tonight, let's see a few more folks' Subtle Selfies!

Last edited:
Back