New Old Film Challenge discussion thread

Just noticed the price of fresh film e.g. Portra 400 35mm £19 o_O....if these price increases continue and don't reduce, this thread will be more popular than the thread "show us your film shots" for new shots. in colour :(
Yes Kodak have gone nuts on the price lately though there are some discounts about, save 40% on TriX 120 is a bit suspicious and takes the price down to £7 a roll which feels more like the price it should be.

Don't forget, the current challenge closes tomorrow night. You may get a little extra flexibility as I'll be traveling around then, but then again, you might not! So get those ginnels in...

Poll added, anyone can vote (and please do). Just don't vote for your own... please!

Last day for the ambiguous NOFC Challenge!

Poll added, anyone can vote, and please do!

Poll added for the latest comp. :)

Poll added for the latest comp. :)

Really difficult to chose from the entries this time, what a great bunch of shots, well done all (y)

Well i had the same problem in that I normally judge on what "hits me" but if you are stuck on a few.........................................?

New challenge added - Superfluous

Last edited:
Only a couple of days left to enter the latest challenge, Ambiguous. If officially closes for entries at midnight on Wednesday although, realistically, I won't be closing it and sorting out the poll until sometime on Thursday morning!

@Peter B had to laugh at yours. We've been to Chanonry Point quite a few times and we've missed the dolphins about as many times as we've seen them!

New challenge up and running. :)

Poll added. Get your votes cast. You have three days. :)

Some glorious images already in the Autumnal theme!

Now can anyone manage a glorious black and white autumnal image? ;) EDIT: actually, that is probably a different challenge!

Last edited:
Last call for your old autumnal film images!

Poll added, anyone can vote...

Poll now added for the latest comp:

Entries were sooo good i wasn’t sure who to vote for.
Would be great to see the pictures of the monthly winners all gathered in one thread at the end of the year.
The participants are really skilled i have to say!

No, actually just a thermal lance or maybe a thermite bomb. Or was it just that my father in law dropped a lighted cig?

Actually, I was very hard pressed to find any Christmas pictures taken on film, although I had may taken digitally. Go figure as they say, whatever that means and whoever they are.

That challenge was a lot harder than one might expect, as mirrored in the reduced number of entries. I have a forward looking idea for the next challenge... "Anything", but I understand that it's a hard thing choosing a theme so good luck to the next person, I look forward to next time.

That challenge was a lot harder than one might expect, as mirrored in the reduced number of entries. I have a forward looking idea for the next challenge... "Anything", but I understand that it's a hard thing choosing a theme so good luck to the next person, I look forward to next time.
Tbh I had expected a few more, especially as most folk were bought or seem to dig out a camera over Christmas.

Tbh I had expected a few more, especially as most folk were bought or seem to dig out a camera over Christmas.
The Christmas theme in 2015 didn't do well either :(

OMG Nick @RaglanSurf that was my first ever film meet, in Greenwich. Being already ancient then, I suspect I've aged (relatively) less than most of the others there!

OMG Nick @RaglanSurf that was my first ever film meet, in Greenwich. Being already ancient then, I suspect I've aged (relatively) less than most of the others there!
I’m pretty sure it was mine too although it’s so long ago I can’t be sure.

I loved it Nick and it was like Vauxhall at the time i.e. Americanisation UK cars......had to send this youtube
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NAwlrIxuPA
to my grandson as we visit classic car shows but never see this one :(
That's brilliant Brian, this is a friend of mine racing his Consul at Mallory Park a few years ago.

View: https://youtu.be/YOeBau_lXEA?si=AEoKcBr8AAiR9o6-

And they even made a die-cast model of it in its racing livery.

That's brilliant Brian, this is a friend of mine racing his Consul at Mallory Park a few years ago.

View: https://youtu.be/YOeBau_lXEA?si=AEoKcBr8AAiR9o6-

And they even made a die-cast model of it in its racing livery.

In the race near the end it looks like he passes an Austin A35 o_O:D

A reminder that there are few days left for the challenge "neglected" .....anything goes if stuck even a selfie in you swimming trunks o_O :D

Stuck folks as I've forgotten how to do a poll for challenge "neglected" ..............seems illogical to me for a "challenge poll" in that you have to ask a question but next line is "possible response"...erm how I'm supposed to know what is the response for a challenge :rolleyes:

Stuck folks as I've forgotten how to do a poll for challenge "neglected" ..............seems illogical to me for a "challenge poll" in that you have to ask a question but next line is "possible response"...erm how I'm supposed to know what is the response for a challenge :rolleyes:

At the top right of the first post, you'll see this:

1705915915154.png

Click the three dots and select "Create Poll"

Fill it in like this (adding all the entries):

1705916142338.png

When done, click save.

Update the thread title to say POLL ADDED.

:)

Get voting folks......for those that have already voted I made a mistake for 2 votes only :rolleyes: , now corrected to 3 votes (y)

Thanks to all those who voted for my shot, I'll need to get my thinking cap on now as I presume I need to set the next challenge?

Is there a deadline for having the thread up?
Just as soon as you can really, although it’s F&C so there are no hard and fast rules about anything.

Back