New Toy

ped

Edit My Images
Yes
OK as you know I love Polaroid, and I've always been interested in the SX70 camera which is arguably the jewel in the crown. The first ever folding SLR camera.

I managed to find, after some searching, a mint example.

8c56c487.jpg

ad245b3c.jpg

The results are incredible. This thing focuses down to 10 inches and has a beautiful DOF.

I took some shots earlier today so I'll scan them in and share as soon as I can get to work and use their scanner.

The quality feel of this camera is just amazing, you wouldn't believe it was made between 1972-1977 because it feels so well made and futuristic.

Cheers
ped

That's insane and beautiful!

Do you have any idea of the light path? Is there a mirror (or prism - equivalent thing here) for the viewfinder and then another for the image path to the film plane?

I like. A lot!

Edit: So I had a look various pages for the camera and, yes, the light path is crazy :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I probably have seen a few before and just not known what they were. To be honest I wasn't sure if I liked the look of them at first but it really has to be seen to be appreciated.

Here's a quick iphone shot of a pic I just took on some expired Time Zero film

1a7a8f5c.jpg

Stunning, I'm in the middle of refurbing my model 2 SX-70. As far as polaroids go, the build quality is amazing. Ideally I would of like the chrome plated version, yours does look mint though mate!

I was tempted with the model 2 for the strap lugs but I really wanted the original for some reason, silly things like the simplicity if the text on the front plate.

I went a bit mad last night and bought the accessory kit and a leather case...

Absolutely gorgeous, I'm envious! :) What film does it take, the new Fujifilm polaroid replacement stuff?

It takes the Impossible Project PX70 or 600 film from here

http://www.the-impossible-project.com/ourfilm/

The results are excellent, and the film is constantly being developed. You can also use the original Polaroid stuff (SX70 film) if you can find it.

The film isn't cheap but it's never going to be a volume shooter, rather for special 'artworks' and taking your time... there's an undeniable aesthetic quality to the prints which makes it feel really special.

That is a nice looking camera! I've got a foldy kodak thing with bellows but that polaroid looks so much more elegant.

Being a heathen I'd probably want to find a way of embedding a digital camera within its innards :)

I think it's time to stop with these jokes, this thread needs hanging up to dry before it gets too much exposure

Robhooley you are not just a killjoy, but you have also overused your quota of photography puns - leaving little for the rest of us.

You were clearly under-exposed to good manners as a child. So I feel unless someone has a flash of inspiration, this game may soon be over.

I was clearly an under-developed child ;)

We need some light to leak in, to this thread so we can go back to the real world..

Back