New Toy

Oh nice find! I'm addicted to Polaroids too and have collected quite a few stuff myself too!
The ever ready case is the best case ever designed. So practical.
The whole set of accessories must have cost quite a bit? :O

I'd love to share a shot of my collection too but I'm on my phone :(

Edit: here's an Iphone copy :p

8147058715_57b6a4dc8b.jpg

It might just be me but I am getting slight hint that you might just have a thing for Polaroids?:thinking:

^^ Jesus!! That's some Polaroid collection, very envious! What variants of the sx-70 do you have there? Do I see an ivory model 2 :naughty:

Jao said:
It might just be me but I am getting slight hint that you might just have a thing for Polaroids?:thinking:

Lol REALLY?! Couldn't tell... :p :D Dr Land, best inventor in the world! Think anyone using one of these would get addicted hence the OP collection of accessories! :D never mind the expense of film too! I still don't really enjoy using impossible film, feels different.

KevMP said:
^^ Jesus!! That's some Polaroid collection, very envious! What variants of the sx-70 do you have there? Do I see an ivory model 2 :naughty:

I've got all the models except model 3. Most are alpha 1 or alpha 1 model 2 though there's 2 originals! The "ivory" or white one looks good but no where as good as the chrome plated version! :D

Really impressed with TIP's latest film packs, the formula for the opacifier is far superior to any of their earlier stuff. Doesn't stop us loving the other stuff though!

Im only just gettin on the rangefinder bus. Got myself an olympus 35rc and i must say i can't wait to get my fetid claws on something a little nicer lol

I thought the 35RC was pretty good. Bought mine new in Hong Kong when I lived there in the 70s, with the matching flash unit, and eventually threw it away when we were leaving South Africa a few years ago. The camera was working perfectly and it was probably a bit foolish, but I didn't think I'd ever use it again. I sometimes wish I'd kept it now, but no matter. I suppose I could buy another one if I really want to.

MartynK said:
I thought the 35RC was pretty good. Bought mine new in Hong Kong when I lived there in the 70s, with the matching flash unit, and eventually threw it away when we were leaving South Africa a few years ago. The camera was working perfectly and it was probably a bit foolish, but I didn't think I'd ever use it again. I sometimes wish I'd kept it now, but no matter. I suppose I could buy another one if I really want to.

I shot my favourite image on my rc not long ago. So im glad I've got it. Been hovering over some sp versions recently but i really should be saving for Christmas HAHA

Wow! Pretty Polaroid! Just got my grandpops old 635 Supercolor re filmed and raring to go! Got a couple of expired 600 film packs from fleabay and going well. Dam expensive though for that 70's look im getting.

Whats the impossible project film like? Read in a few places the Silver shade was fading after a few weeks. Its still expensive stuff though!

Great stuff, show us some shots when you can.

I must admit I've not used my SX70 for a few weeks, I've been mainly carrying my 195. The new Impossible film is really good, though I still find it tends to overexpose slightly. It's quite difficult to get right in varying light. It's pretty good indoors on a tripod with a shutter release cable, though. Nice colours.

Silver shade does develop funny marks if left in humid air over time. I have had some worse then others; a picture I have on my desk of me and my dog is still 100% fine after about 8 months. I did use a 'Dry Age' kit on some shots a while ago but it's a bit inconvenient having to bag up your shots for weeks until they have stabilised enough to be displayed.

I presume Impossible are working on the silver shade stuff now, it would be nice for it to be as stable as the colour stuff.

Back