Nice number plate

My father in law sold his old car once to someone who admitted he only wanted the plate. Happy to pay the asking price. Turned out he was a butler and the plate was A110 WME - hadn't even worked that one out before he said it.

The comedian Jimmy Jones used to live near me, He bought a new Vauxhall which came with the number plate UME 1M. Didn't really mean anything but I guess it amused him, he transferred it from car to car and always had the plates made up as U ME 1M (You Me Him)

Last edited:
Passed by a Jaguar XJ200 on the M6 Toll a couple of years ago and it had the reg 220 VAN
A bit of searching later showed the plate was owned by Justin Law who with his father Don, run a Group C Jaguar at many UK events and a performance car servicing centre. They were responsible for placing a "Spare" XJ220 engine into the back of a Transit van, to run up the hill at goodwood many years ago, hence the number plate.

Passed by a Jaguar XJ200 on the M6 Toll a couple of years ago and it had the reg 220 VAN
A bit of searching later showed the plate was owned by Justin Law who with his father Don, run a Group C Jaguar at many UK events and a performance car servicing centre. They were responsible for placing a "Spare" XJ220 engine into the back of a Transit van, to run up the hill at goodwood many years ago, hence the number plate.
That van has had many guises over the years.
As you say at Goodwood

But also to promote Jody Scheckter's farm and Ice Cream. It was used in a staged race at Snetterton back in 2011 against a BTCC Focus.

Strangely not displaying the 220 VAN plate.
It's certainly a one off.

Martin Brundle runs 99MB on "Elvis" his Jaguar E-Type, and has been seen a few times around these parts (Likely heading to and from Silverstone)

Pimlico Plumbers have a great collection of plates. The most valuable in the Uk as a set I think. Great for branding

Pimlico Plumbers have a great collection of plates. The most valuable in the Uk as a set I think. Great for branding
Pimp by any chance?
:D

Local accountant has N9 TAX the nine is drawn with the 9 looking like a zero.

I was reminded of this thread when I was driving down the A465 this week and I overtook a tanker type vehicle with the plate PO02 GET.
It belongs to A1 Wet Waste. I'm sure you can guess what they do ;)

Best plate I've seen is U2 seen out and about around Preston 3 times.

There were a couple of nice one local to me a while ago, one was 5 EXY, and the other which I believe is still local is EWD 1C.

On a driving school car - L 50RRY.

On a driving school car - L 50RRY.
They should all have those!
I was sat behind a (Hel)L driver at a roundabout, well there are plenty to choose from, obviously.
And from the instructors arm movements and gesticulations it looked as though he was explaining how they work
while the queue got longer and longer!

Well Duh! sort that bit out before you get on the road in MK!
FFS!

Reactions: Nod
MAG1C may be up for sale at some point. :(

Steve Parrish, the ex motorcycle and truck racer famously has PEN 15 In similar style, he turned up at Silverstone last month in a Range Rover with the plate 60CK

In the late 70's I remember seeing 5 EXY on a red ferrari in Alloa.
A few years ago there used to be a Rolls Royce with 50 5EXY no idea who it belonged to though.

(well I'm not owning up to such a pretentious plate :D )

About 20+ years ago I spotted PEN 1S outside Glasgow - a small red sports car

Locally we have a BMW - SH17

Iceland factory in Deeside had a regular visitor reg ICE

In the mid 80's I drove a Renault 5, and my initials are RS and I saw the plate R5 for sale so I phoned about it, and it was £50K. God knows what it would be worth now

In the mid 80's I drove a Renault 5, and my initials are RS and I saw the plate R5 for sale so I phoned about it, and it was £50K. God knows what it would be worth now

The guy a few houses down, ( And I've still not forgiven him)
Had a fixer upper Spitfire a few years ago, the the reg Chr 15 1C

I said if you ever get bored I'll buy it off of you, a few months later he had an old Jag in the garage, seems he got bored with the spitfire and gave it to a mate.
I could have cried, I bet that plate is worth a few quid these days :(

Back