Nifty 50mm on tour?

The elevated cost is where the problem lies. I am one of the original contributors and would not expect someone to spend more than the lens was originally worth.
I agree responsibility has to lie somewhere but perhaps that is down to all of us for not making RMSD compulsory.

if this is the route it goes down, i think it would be best ot refund everyone rather than putting another lens out there.

An insistence that RMSD is used sorts out any problems as then there is insurance.

So where does it go from here? Shame if it ends but would like to see tighter control over a new replacement if it happens.

Don't see that it should stay with one person if no one else wants it as then they have a lens paid for by someone else. Really needs a good rota set up and some idiot sorry nice person to run it. :)

I have a spare fiver that can be allocated.

to be fair i dont really think the idea worked very well. looking at the site, there is only one upload from the nikon lens, unless i missed a site change:thinking: mildly dissapointing from over twelve months usage.

missed this trick!

Nice idea, shame it ended in a problem. Are there any more pics uploaded from where its been? Or maybe one of the google/facebook type maps that show where it went (you tag key pics next to the locations).

Like to be involved if the opportunity ever arises again. are there no shops that would like to donate a 50mm? Hell even if the AF motor is busted (must be loads knocking about like this) just to give the project some life again?
Or what about factory return lenses, must be plenty of them knocking about aswell?

Back