Nifty 50mm on tour?

Hi All, just to update, I'm going to take the Nifty Nikon to Vienna with me (I get a day off there, woo)... I'm back on the 20th, so I'm going post the Nikon on to V8burble after me... anyone that wants it after him, best let him know! :)

Canon Nifty 50mm - Kindly donated by Mobile Virgin Thank You!
MacMike47 - NYC 4th - 13th March
Byker28i - IOM - 15th - 31st March
pearce_jj - UK - 1st - 7th April
AliB - UK - 8th April - 1st May
Rush - Auz/HK 8th-26th May
Slvrbck - Wedding 4th - 9th June
Scuzi - France 12th -16th June
Superstat - Euro 21st June - 5th July
DaveScanlan - Portugal 10th - 24th July
Fionab - Scotland - 1st Aug - 7th Aug
6ftblonde - Biggleswade - 11th - 17th Aug
Superstat - 5th Sept - 12th Sept
candlestick - France 24th Sept - 28th Sept

wirraltog - Wedding 5th November - 10th November
madferrit - South East Asia - 15th December to 5th Jan
leon1p - Australia -21st March - 7th April 2009
Notorious - Salty and Skomer - 8th May - 19th May 2009

Nikon 50mm
Lawless23456 - South Wales - 17th-24 May
Plugus Maximus - France - 3rd-15th June
Aimee K - Egypt - 19th-29th July
jonnyjogpants - 1st-14th August
Aimee K - Montreal 14th - 22nd Sept

V8burble - 21st Oct

If you want on the list for either the Canon or Nikon just say via pm.

It's a shame leon1p needs the Canon on 21st of March as I'm going to Vegas on honeymoon from 9th until 23rd March 09. Are these lenses worth the investment as they look very useful.

Choccy...

Definitely worth the investment!!! Great in low light, sharp as tack when stepped down, and nice bokeh. If nowt else, you could buy one for about £65 and still get about £50 back for it when you decide to to sell!!

No photos from me, superstat missed my holiday, so I've slapped his wrists and told him not to do it again!! ;) :D If I head home to Cumbria in the next few weeks, I might add my name back onto the list so it can take a journey to the promised land!

Some nice shots Aimee.

I jumped in at the start thinking it'll be a big rush, but still not that many takers

See my updated list, here.

All the pms have been replied too.

Is that list update or do people wish to be removed and added for later on the in the year?

Pete

Bump!

We need more people to take the Nikon on its tour.

Also we are now taking bookings for next year as well. :)

Pete

can i put my name down to bring the canon to the sunny town of dumfries,?

can i put my name down to bring the canon to the sunny town of dumfries,?

Yes mate just pm with the details of the dates you need it between.

Also I pmed a lot of you asking to confirm your dates and too see if you have any pictures to put on the site.

Pete

The lens is starting to get booked for next year so if you plan to use it during 2009 get your dates in quick to avoid disappointment :)

Pete

Just a bit of a bump for the Nikon for new blood, before I send it back to Aimee (as it appears we are the only two Nikon users on TP that don't already own one LOL)

I'm hoping there won't be too many 'low light' situations, but I have a short ski trip arranged to Corchevel from Jan 10-14 if the Canon's available, although it will need a quick turnaround from 'madferrit'.

What happened to the canon one :shrug: i was meant to be using it for a wedding but nothing ever came about (despite messaging). Has this idea fell flat on its behind

Just a bit of a bump for the Nikon for new blood, before I send it back to Aimee (as it appears we are the only two Nikon users on TP that don't already own one LOL)

I just send a PM to Blackvault regarding the Nikon Nifty50. I'm away though from 21 Dec until 5 Jan 2009, so it'll be later I guess. Would be very cool to have it for my Holidays in London over that period! Anyone up for that? :)

I can't say for the Canon, but the Nikon is still in circulation (between two of us! lol).

Bakedbeans... it's with V8 at the moment, so PM him your address and I'm sure it will swing your way. I might try to nab it after you as I'm of to somewhere European on the 15th Jan. Not sure where, it's a work thing.... probably Copenhagen or Berlin??

i would be interested in the Canon nifty :D

We need more people to take the Nikon on its tour.

Only just started to look at this thread, but just to let you know mine will be coming with my on holiday to hong kong over xmas (y)

I can't say for the Canon, but the Nikon is still in circulation (between two of us! lol).

Bakedbeans... it's with V8 at the moment, so PM him your address and I'm sure it will swing your way. I might try to nab it after you as I'm of to somewhere European on the 15th Jan. Not sure where, it's a work thing.... probably Copenhagen or Berlin??

Indeed, PM me your address Bakedbeans and I'll mail it on to you, and the list can be updated (y)

It will make a change for it to be with someone other than Aimee or me :)

I would be interested in having the Canon after Wirral Tog until the 15th Dec. Let me know if this is possible please.

Many thanks.

Choccy...

I have the Canon and have been waiting for its december slot, clearly indicated on the first page, before posting on.

I am working on the list on the first page, which is the official list, if your not there how am i supposed to know you want it?

Unfortunately I dont have time to get on here much these days. If you would like it PM me.

Apologies for the inconveinience but I was unaware anyone wanted it.

*edit*
Apologies, i have read back a few pages and there seems to be another list. Not sure it is a great idea to place the list mid thread, for people that only look intermittently.

at least it hasnt gone missing(y)

Well i dont need it now as my weddings have passed but it would have been nice to have been kept up to date or even nicer to have had the lens. Im a bit baffled as to how this could have gone pear shapped as A has it for x amount of time and passes it to B and so on ....not really that difficult to keep the list going i would of thought :thinking:

Well i dont need it now as my weddings have passed but it would have been nice to have been kept up to date or even nicer to have had the lens. Im a bit baffled as to how this could have gone pear shapped as A has it for x amount of time and passes it to B and so on ....not really that difficult to keep the list going i would of thought :thinking:

Correct, but it appears that he was looking at the list on the front page of this thread, not the revised one within it (y)
I have a feeling that the initial list could not be kept up to date due to the time elapsed after it was posted, so edits can not now be made to it... but that may just be my wrong understanding of that.

Bakedbeans - Not had a PM from you yet for your address to pass the Nikon 50mm to you ;)

Your correct its not rocket science. But looking at it from another direction how am i supposed to know there is an updated list half way through the thread?

I don't have time to look back through all the threads I have posted in.

I can only apologise and ask that if someone now wants the lens they PM me.

Your correct its not rocket science. But looking at it from another direction how am i supposed to know there is an updated list half way through the thread?

I don't have time to look back through all the threads I have posted in.

I can only apologise and ask that if someone now wants the lens they PM me.

Also not sounding harsh but it did state on the first page "Superstat - 5th Sept - 12th Sept" and it is now 22nd Nov. That is over 2 months. Lucky it's not a book from the library;)

I would like the lens next if possible and have PMed Superstat. Would it also be ok for me to go through the thread and update the Canon list. I'll try to post the list at the top and bottom of each page. And if you want to keep track of the thread just subscribe to it like me.

Choccy...

One other thing I have noticed is that posts need to be made on here when you post and recieve the lens. That is why nobody knew Superstat had the Canon because it was not announced here.

Choccy...

Also not sounding harsh but it did state on the first page "Superstat - 5th Sept - 12th Sept" and it is now 22nd Nov. That is over 2 months. Lucky it's not a book from the library

Yes but according to the list on the first page there is no one to forward to until December, so who would I have sent it to? There is no library to send it back to asuch.

Anyway lets get this show back on the road.

PM me your address Choccy and I will forward..

Details PMed. I will update as soon as I recieve it.

Choccy...

No reply as of yet from superstat.

Choccy...

There is no need for me to reply. Lens is in the post.

Superstat...

My address details are with V8burble so I will be possession of the Nikon lens. Will post here when I got it :)

I must say sorry to superstat, I didn't mean it to sound like I was having a go. I understand you were waiting for the next on the list, which was in December.

I will post as soon as I receive, and many thanks to superstat for posting the lens so quickly.

Choccy...

Apology accepted.

Tracking code for lens for anyone thats interested is: ZW012103413GB

Enjoy.

I will also apologise to Choccy as I probably got a bit hot headed in the PM's. But it was a genuine mistake. I think it needs sorting. The mods will be able to help i'm sure.

OK Carlo (Bakedbeans) the Nikon Nifty is now in the hands of the Post Office, should be with you by tomorrow lunchtime (y) Have fun :)

Special Delivery tracking: ZW033198782GB

Back