Nifty 50mm on tour?

Jonnyjogpants... I get back off my holiday on Sunday 27th now, so I will post the lens out to you on Monday 28th, ready for your trip... can you PM me your address though so I have it ready? Thanks.

So... I didn't go to Egypt (Silly boyfriend spent all the holiday fund just before we went to book) so I did some camping/surfing in Newquay instead. Had a very nice (if not a bit chavvy... lilo's, tents and bottled cider!?) time, but I was too scared to take the 50 onto the beach for surfing shots in fear of getting it sandy!

Instead I took it to the harbour for a tour of the boats, and now I'm hooked and want a 50 of my own!!! Once I've sifted through the photos I will get some posted (although one of them is currently in the contrast comp if you want to take a look). I am going back to Newquay next week for the Boardmasters, so will try to get some shots there too, and then will post it onto the next person. (Can you PM me your address please... whoever was after Jonny)

... but I was too scared to take the 50 onto the beach for surfing shots in fear of getting it sandy!

What? Its full of sand already. You know that grating noise it makes when it hunts for focus - that's the sound of the Sahara you're hearing. :LOL:

/edit - I've just re-read that and it may not come across quite as I intended. What I meant to convey was that the lens had sand in it when I first sent it out. I'm sure a bit of Newquay beach won't do it any more harm :)

/edit 2 - and I've just realised you were talking about the Nikon lens (not my Canon one) - ignore all of the above. :bang::bang:

:)

Maybe someone should take the Nikon to the beach and deliberately dribble sand in it - just to even up, as it were

I have this intrinsic ability to find threads very late! :bonk:

Haven't read the entire thread yet but will do, in the meantime, can someone tell me if this is still ongoing, where the pics get posted and whether the Nikon fifty would be up for a weekend in Dublin in October?

EDIT: ok, skim read most of it. For information, I am doing a karate comp in Dublin on 11 Oct, but making a weekend of it so 10-12 inclusive. Also happy to take it round london before/after....

I have found the canon site, but not one for the nikon pics other than picassa type links.... :shrug:

come on then, where the shots??both nikon and canon

I'm after the Canon one for my trip to Nimes/Marseille from 24th-28th Sep, any chance??

Hi Matty, I'm goint to set up a flickr account this weekend so you can have my pics from my outing.

Question... do the pics have to be completely unedited, or can we so some photoshopping on them? I'm happy as they are, but think some would look good with a bit of selective colouring!

I think you are due the Nikon lens next Matty, so can you PM me your address?

Just found this thread.. what a great idea.. and a great reason for people to let you take photos :D

How long is this set to go one for? I'll be in OZ in March 09.

Forever and ever and ever! PM Blackvault with the dates you want it for, and if it's available you will be added to the list. It costs about £5 to send it on each time, which is a bargain... but be warned, once you have used the 50, the chances are you'll want to buy one!

Got your PM, thanks Matty!

Great thanks.. I already have one, but I guess it's not the same as using "the" tour fifty :D

I hope to be at the Grand Prix too so hopefully get some proper on Tour shots.

I have this intrinsic ability to find threads very late! :bonk:

Haven't read the entire thread yet but will do, in the meantime, can someone tell me if this is still ongoing, where the pics get posted and whether the Nikon fifty would be up for a weekend in Dublin in October?

EDIT: ok, skim read most of it. For information, I am doing a karate comp in Dublin on 11 Oct, but making a weekend of it so 10-12 inclusive. Also happy to take it round london before/after....

I have found the canon site, but not one for the nikon pics other than picassa type links.... :shrug:

Me too, LL :bonk:

The timing's a bit tight, but I wondered if the nifty Nikon would be free to Salsa in Cuba with me for 2 weeks from 14th October? :naughty:

Hey Matty, the nikon lens is winging it's way to you as we speak... next day delivery, so you should have it tomorrow in time for the bank holiday weekend! Enjoy!!! :D

Dammit! I'm not at work tomorrow, so it'll be sitting in my office on monday Tuesday when I get back from my weekend away!

Are there any new pics uploaded to Flickr?

Does anybody know what's happened to Blackvault? He hasn't been on the board for a couple of months by the looks of things. :shrug::shrug:

That would explain why no response here to. I'm starting some construction work 5/9/08 and was hoping that Nikon Nifty would fancy a ride on the digger or dumper truck.
What a fun thread :clap:

Yeah, I PM'd him too....

V8burble - Matty has the Nikon then I'm afraid!

I was hoping to have the Nikon 50 from the 13th-23rd September, I'm off to Canada with work.

I don't mind TEMPORARILY nominating myself to look after the diary until Blackvault re-appears. I don't want to take his job off him in any way shape or form, I'm just happy to lend a hand whilst he's not on line.

The traveling Canon and Nikon 50mm 1.8 primes.

Nifty's website : www.nifty50ontour.co.uk

The lens would get passed on to anyone that wants it for a duration (possible 1-2weeks) and we record its progress through photographs. It could be taken on holiday and travel a good distance across the globe :)

Regards costs, postage is around £5.50 RMSD around the UK.

Canon Nifty 50mm - Kindly donated by Mobile Virgin Thank You!
MacMike47 - NYC 4th - 13th March
Byker28i - IOM - 15th - 31st March
pearce_jj - UK - 1st - 7th April
AliB - UK - 8th April - 1st May
Rush - Auz/HK 8th-26th May
Slvrbck - Wedding 4th - 9th June
Scuzi - France 12th -16th June
Superstat - Euro 21st June - 5th July
DaveScanlan - Portugal 10th - 24th July
Fionab - Scotland - 1st Aug - 7th Aug
6ftblonde - Biggleswade - 11th - 17th Aug

Superstat - 5th Sept - 12th Sept
candlestick - France 24th Sept - 28th Sept
madferrit - South East Asia - 15th December to 5th Jan
leon1p - Australia -21st March - 7th April 2009

Nikon 50mm
Lawless23456 - South Wales - 17th-24 May
Plugus Maximus - France - 3rd-15th June
Aimee K - Egypt - 19th-29th July
jonnyjogpants - 1st-14th August

V8burble - 8th Sept - ?
Aimee K - Montreal 14th - 22nd Sept

If you want on the list for either the Canon or Nikon just say via pm.

Pete

Hello :wave:

Sorry for my absence. I have replied to all the pms.

V8burble can you pm when you intend to finish with the Nikon lens?

And can I confirm that Superstrat is the next in line for the Canon?

Also I can't update my first post :(

Pete

Why not keep it until the next person wants it?

Can I also make a request to Everyone:

When you've taken your shots, please will you PM me so I can give you the flickr details for upload, then I can add them onto the nifty50ontour website.

Thanks

Are we still gonna put shots on the site?

pete

I've bought myself one, and it just looks so silly on my D200 blooming tiny it is.

I can confirm that I am supposed to have the lens today. No comms from either 6ftblonde or fionab....

due to another no show when its my go i would like to extend the date of my usage to 18th September....I do believe this time is free....as i am off to france on holiday and can use it there..

ta

Sorry to hear that Superstat. I'll try and get in contact with 6ftblonde etc

Pete

Hi guys really sorry i have lots of reasons but don't want to put them on here. I will forward it on today. Unfortunately i haven't used it yet but will be following the thread when life resembles normal again!! So sorry again.

Hi guys really sorry i have lots of reasons but don't want to put them on here. I will forward it on today. Unfortunately i haven't used it yet but will be following the thread when life resembles normal again!! So sorry again.

No problem :) Hope everything is well and you get things sorted.

Pete

hey its alrite....i'd had a rubbish day so probably was a bit ott....apologies...

will pm you my address.
sorry

Just giving this a little bump.

Pete

I'm baa-aaack! Montreal was hard work, didn't get a great deal of time to play... those pesky doctors kept me on my toes and working hard! :bang: Anyways, I did get to have a couple of walk abouts at lunch on 2 days, so I got a few 50 shots. I will do some minor sorting through later and upload those as well as the cornwall shots ASAP. (y)

Whose next on the Nikon list??? I'm off to Vienna on the 18th October, so either get in there quick or it's coming with me! :naughty:

Back