Nikkor 200-500?

Nice set again Stuart. I think your robin might be a pregnant robin.

Now I've got the decorating done I might get out.

image.jpeg image.jpeg I have recently purchased this lens I was looking to go for the old sigma 50 500 , but noticed the 200 500 and thought I'd give it a go .Must say I am pleased with the quality I am getting . A couple from the garden

Nice shot barry..I have actually placed mine in the classifieds as just not using it enough but having second thoughts now!

Archived the advert cant do it lol..

Damn! I could almost have been tempted!
(But not quite tempted enough since I've gone up the Fuji road with their 100-400 and 1.4x telecon.)

Can anyone give me a link to a real world (un biased) comparison between this lens and a tamron 150-600 please (on a Nikon d7200 or d700)

Can anyone give me a link to a real world (un biased) comparison between this lens and a tamron 150-600 please (on a Nikon d7200 or d700)

or indeed a comparison with the 300mm f4 PF + the 1,4TC = 420mm at FX

Not really tempted enough, I'm afraid, Stuart. The Fuji combo gives me an EFL of 820mm at f/8 in a much lighter package than the D750 with the 200-500. That purchase has also left the toy fund a little depleted and with a holiday coming up in a few weeks, I have other things to spend on ATM.
IF you want to free up some funds in late June though... :D (Possibly.)

or indeed a comparison with the 300mm f4 PF + the 1,4TC = 420mm at FX
Can't give you a review but I use the 200-500 and my pal uses a 300 PF with 1.4, we have taken the same shots and there is nothing between them. The 300 without the tc is a bit sharper.

Thanks mate it certainly is just not using it enough
Can I ask why not? I'm seriously thinking about this lens v the sigma 150-600 sport. You've produced some very good looking pictures, so is the reason to do with your normal shooting style, life getting in the way or something, or is there some bit of you that thinks the images are not quite good enough to keep you motivated?

TBH I'm 80% going for the Sigma, only the weight has stopped it happening already.

Hi Dave the main reason I am not using it enough is I am just to busy with work and other things at present.I am totally happy with the images it produces though.

I can almost hear her saying (?shouting?) "BU99ER OFF, BARRY!" at you!

Really liking the output from this lens (although some of the shots seem to be a lot sharper than others)

I am going to upgrade one of my cameras in the next couple of months so either the 7D gets chopped in for a MKII or I sell up my Canon gear completely and try the new D500 (or my Pentax K-5IIs goes and I try the FF K-1 but that's another story). I have been thinking about getting the mount changed on my Sigma 150-600mm Sport if I change to Nikon but maybe I will just sell the Sigma and get one of these.

(although some of the shots seem to be a lot sharper than others

Yeah... my last lot (these) I changed something in Lightroom.... now Flickr and this Forum together seems to have 'oversharpened' them..... I don't usually get halos :(

Nice shots Barry..off fishing for 3 days tomorrow and taking mine as there is plenty of wildlife around the lakes so hoping to get some shots

Processing some more from Ireland..... if anyone's interested in (or doubting) the quality of this lens, take a peek at this full-size on Flickr :) [260mm 1/500 @ f9 iso 200 D800 handheld with VR]

Donegal waves 6 by Barry Cant, on Flickr

Back