Nikkor 200-500?

Making me want thus lens even more now. And I did decide to get tamron so not sure now

I'm very pleased with the nikon..although forgot to put the vr to sport setting whilst trying to get BIF shots..doh! Mind you the way I was feeling I was just happy to have held the camera the right way round!:D:beer:

What bodies u using and with grip?

Wow

Stuart you really need to stop this, this lens is becoming more and more tempting!

These are some of the sharpest photos I've seen from this lens.

How is the weight balance on the D5500 with this lens?

Thanks Sam...Its surprisingly good on the d5500 tbh..I am sure it would be better balanced on a larger body but works just fine for me.Also with it attached to a black rapid rs7 you hardly know its there its very comfortable indeed.I have just got myself a years membership to Whipsnade zoo so hoping to get up soon and try it out.I was really pleased with the lens today and put any shortcomings down to my over indulgence lastnight lol,Shots could have been better(Ones above look soft to me) but not used a dslr for few years now.Have to say its good to be back.:cool:

Last edited:
Not sure what he had spotted but he was a grumpy sod!!Again forgot to take camera out of af-c mode so could have been sharper.

untitled-0140 by Stuart Howe, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice shot Iain..thinking about ordering one of those cheap beike 45 gimbals for mine.Not used one before but for the price wouldnt mind trying one and see how I get on with it.

Why not try the lensmaster gimbal, not too pricey and excellent quality, easier to sell on if you don't like it.
Night and day difference from the meike.

Many thanks Iain lots of room for improvement I know but really enjoying the lens.Tom not heard of the lensmaster?

Crikey srs have put the price up to £1179 now and cheapest is mifsuds at £1097! Looks like I got one just in time to save a few pennies.

Unless the price drops again in the next few months it looks like I will be going 'grey' for £900

Yeah strange its jumped up..I see the 85mm 1.8g has also gone up by £60!!?

Nikon have put the prices of there lens up, that's why I went for mine when I did it must have been from 1st March.

If nikon are doing this then is it best for me to go and get a new 70-200 F2.8 right now then.. I been holding off for the £150 cash back from nikon that is on offer from 17th March for there Spring Cash Back offer

Nikon have put the prices of there lens up, that's why I went for mine when I did it must have been from 1st March.
Ahh I wasn't aware they were going to do this. Glad I got the 200-500 and 85mm when I did now!

If nikon are doing this then is it best for me to go and get a new 70-200 F2.8 right now then.. I been holding off for the £150 cash back from nikon that is on offer from 17th March for there Spring Cash Back offer

Where have you got the info, for the cashback?

There always been a spring cash back so I've ask and said ur the 17th of March. Last year was 5th March

One from this week taken at 500mm f8 on D7200.

14774-1457194588-836128a6695736f0424504051121395b.jpg

Currently £891 delivered from Panamoz with a 3 year UK warranty.

I now have a 2x converter that I don't need and should sell.

Maybe we will be able to eat meat this month!

You all have an awful lot to answer for as I have just bitten the bullet and ordered one from Panamoz.

Now will be unable to feed and clothe the kids for the next month or two.

Anyone want to buy a kidney?
Yes please, I'll have it to replace the 2 I sold last year to buy kit - Tired of all these tubes!!!

I decided to go down the alternative route and have pre-ordered a Fuji 100-400 with the 1.4x telecon as a kit. The Fuji lens is faster at the shorter end and although the kit is more expensive, it's a longer option and that's before the crop factor kicks in. For the extreme telephoto option, I went down the P900 route since I found one 2nd hand and that gives me a 2000mm EFL...

Back