Nikon AF-S 200–500mm f/5.6E ED VR

Edit My Images
Yes
Seeing as there is a couple of threads for the some of the other super zooms. I'd start on for this one. So people could share their images. Ask questions or share their thoughts.

I recently got mine to use with my d500.
I'll post a few pics later on but in the mean time the more the merrier

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Oooh good, just what I've come on to search for. Would this lens be good enough to cover cricket matches with along with a D850? a 500mm f4 is well out of my budget but this is a little more palatable (and would avoid my wife castrating me!)

OP
OP
kingo15
Edit My Images
Yes
Oooh good, just what I've come on to search for. Would this lens be good enough to cover cricket matches with along with a D850? a 500mm f4 is well out of my budget but this is a little more palatable (and would avoid my wife castrating me!)
I haven't tried it on my d750 which is fx. So I'm not sure about distance tbh. Perhaps @gramps couldn't answer that as he has that combo and is very helpful

Edit My Images
No
Haha love the little shelduck one.

Did you have to do any fine tuning on the d850 with this combo.
Initially I didn't do any but later found it needed +12, (at 500mm), however recently I have felt it needs doing again so will get Focal out to check it again at some stage. :)

Edit My Images
No
If you were thinking of using a 500mm for cricket then the 200-500 would be fine.
It would give you the 500mm but also the flexibility of being able to zoom back for a wider view as and when required.
It isn't a 500 f4 prime but it is very, very good for the cost and a considerable saving on weight as well as cost.

Name
Malcolm
Edit My Images
Yes
:)

Just got back home after picking up my new D500 and 200-500mm f5.6.
I’m delighted this thread has been started, and I look forward to posting some images.

Name
Malcolm
Edit My Images
Yes
I use the 200-500mm with the D500.
Is anyone using the TC-14 ll or lll with the lens, and what’s your opinion on loss of usability and image quality?
Any comments would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
Edit My Images
No
Name
John Moncrieff
Edit My Images
Yes
OP
OP
kingo15
Edit My Images
Yes