Nikon D600 / D610 Official Users thread - Anything D6x0 related

Sorry to bring this up again - but my D600 is still at Nikon for the dust problem and I sent a letter with the camera and an email using the advice from this thread and today I got this email from Nikon

"Dear John,

Thank you for your email.

I can see that your case is currently being investigated by management. Whilst I couldn’t guarantee at this stage that we will be replacing your camera, please be assured I have passed on your request for a replacement to the relevant team.

As soon as we have any further updates, we will of course be in touch.

If you do have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask."

The tonight when I checked the Nikon repair website instead of "Waiting for repair" like it has said for days it now says

"Thank you for choosing one of our exchange offers (16/02/2015). Your selected equipment should be exchanged within 5 working days of this acceptance. . "

Does this mean they have swapped it for the D610 ?
Certainly looks like it John. Fingers crossed mate.

Looking good John. Expect a nice new shiny D610 any day soon :banana:

Looking good John. Expect a nice new shiny D610 any day soon :banana:

Yeah I hope so... so is that what happened to you. Did it say the same thing on the Nikon repair site ?

Yeah I hope so... so is that what happened to you. Did it say the same thing on the Nikon repair site ?

In my case, it just stated awaiting repair, then a new d610 turned up. Communications not exactly Nikon's greatest talent.

In my case, it just stated awaiting repair, then a new d610 turned up. Communications not exactly Nikon's greatest talent.

Ahhh right..... like my wife said maybe it will be a Nikon compact or something :D

Or maybe a nice D750 - yep that will do nicely

But joking aside a D610 will be great aswell as sorting the dust out it means a new camera and a zero shutter count ready to start work :banana:

Sorry to bring this up again - but my D600 is still at Nikon for the dust problem and I sent a letter with the camera and an email using the advice from this thread and today I got this email from Nikon

"Dear John,

Thank you for your email.

I can see that your case is currently being investigated by management. Whilst I couldn’t guarantee at this stage that we will be replacing your camera, please be assured I have passed on your request for a replacement to the relevant team.

As soon as we have any further updates, we will of course be in touch.

If you do have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask."

Then tonight when I checked the Nikon repair website instead of "Waiting for repair" like it has said for days it now says

"Thank you for choosing one of our exchange offers (16/02/2015). Your selected equipment should be exchanged within 5 working days of this acceptance. . "

Does this mean they have swapped it for the D610 ?
You are getting a D610 soon I guess.

OK just for fun - I got an update from Nikon today saying "My Item" is on its way - So what do we think ?

D90
Coolpix
My D600 (repaired again)
D610
D750
D4

;)

OK just for fun - I got an update from Nikon today saying "My Item" is on its way - So what do we think ?

D90
My D600 (repaired again)
D610
D750
D4

;)

D610 - 99%
D750 - 1% ;)

Mine has gone off to Nikon for its second "clean" I don't expect a 610 back,, SADLY
Maybe in a years time

ive had mine back and must of taken 1500 shots ish and its still clean! praying it doesn't happen again too soon if at all :D

D90
Coolpix
My D600 (repaired again)
D610
D750
D4

;)

or if you're really unlucky a Canon 6D ;)
Seriously though, if a D4 arrives I don't know if i'd laugh or cry.

I was going to bump it for a D750 but other than better AF its very similar and I've got an artic butter fly and sensor swabs/cleaner that do the trick.

I've got a D800 and love it, but there are times 24mp is better than 36mp

I've just got the sensor swabs - PITA removing those oil streaks - use the blue visible dust liquid followed up by eclipse. seems to do the job but god I hate it. D750.....mmmm.
Actually I'm after a mint D800 and a Nikon 14-24mm for my trip to Iceland - bank manager refused the 'loan' however - have to make do with the D610 and the Nikon 20-35.

I've just got the sensor swabs - PITA removing those oil streaks - use the blue visible dust liquid followed up by eclipse. seems to do the job but god I hate it. D750.....mmmm.
Actually I'm after a mint D800 and a Nikon 14-24mm for my trip to Iceland - bank manager refused the 'loan' however - have to make do with the D610 and the Nikon 20-35.

D610 is still a top drawer body. There's a few 16-35's coming up for sale on the forum. I've got a Zeiss 21mm but tempted to get a 16-35 as a spare or ultrawide zoom for when 21 just won't do.

Oh dear I thought the D610 solved the problem. I think the D600/610 is an excellent camera and never had any complaints about my D600 (apart from the dust)

D610 is still a top drawer body. There's a few 16-35's coming up for sale on the forum. I've got a Zeiss 21mm but tempted to get a 16-35 as a spare or ultrawide zoom for when 21 just won't do.

Yes, I've seen a few on here but still a little out of reach for the time being. I'll have to make do with the Nikon 20-35 which is surprisingly good given its age.

Reactions: ST4
Well looked what arrived today :)

Very happy and hopefully the start (again) of some great work together :woot:

Thank you to everyone for your help and advice and especially THANK YOU to anibap for all your help I reckon your letter did the job (y)

Awesome John. Glad that Nikon sorted this for you with a brand new D610 and you found my letter useful. Happy shooting with the D610 and hoping to see pictures of your wedding shoots here.

Awesome John. Glad that Nikon sorted this for you with a brand new D610 and you found my letter useful. Happy shooting with the D610 and hoping to see pictures of your wedding shoots here.

Thank you - you are welcome to see shots from my D600 at http://www.johnyoung.co

No D4 then :( ;)?

Yeah they offered me one but I said I preferred the D610 as the thread on TP is better class of people for the D600/610 :cool:
Happy Days John :banana:

Thank you - yes very happy. Now I just have to set up my menus etc as I had them, I wish I had noted everything down.

On a side note does anyone know if the Meike grip (MK-D600) which I bought for the D600 also works OK on the D610 ?

Last edited:
Ive not had any dust or oil problems on the 600 s. I do have a problem with every 200 images or so one body fails to write an image to card.
any one had this where it fails to write to card. Only one frame but every 200 images or so... Very odd.

I had this problem on my D600. When I sent in for the first shutter replacement I asked them to check this issues and they came back saying it is fine. It was like an odd annoyance like the camera won't function as it is writing to the card.

Have a D610 now and have not faced this issue so far. But, this problem is well discussed on D600 as a common issue.

On a side note does anyone know if the Meike grip (MK-D600) which I bought for the D600 also works OK on the D610 ?

Should do, my third party grip, certainly works but I'm not at home and I can't remember the make (think it is Meike).

Well I put my grip on and it works fine
John,

whats your feedback on the grip? I never used any hence appreciate your views on using a grip on a D6XX including advantages and disadvantages.

John,

whats your feedback on the grip? I never used any hence appreciate your views on using a grip on a D6XX including advantages and disadvantages.

Well I have only just put it on the D610 but on the D600 I think it makes a big difference. The main reason I got it for was the extra battery life during a wedding but also it gives you the better holding position when in portrait orientation and of course you have an extra shutter button right at hand in portrait. I got the Meike grip which was around £40 and I am sure it was from ebay and well worth the money

Took the plunge on a used Nikon 16-35 (mint condition, purchased in October last year). Got it for a steal, arriving tomorrow......very excited - will have to put it through its paces at the weekend!!

Back