Nikon D600 / D610 Official Users thread - Anything D6x0 related

Bit too quiet here! Here's another cheeky moment, all packed up ready for home, they do make you chuckle.

36621508180_fbe6723f53_b.jpg

And plane spotting, she seems to
love them!

37018771265_df16cd9ced_b.jpg

Last edited:
Me too. There's a few niggles but they're pretty identical.

That's what I like!
I can use them together or pick up either and not have to think!
I just grab a bag and know it will have a D610 or D750 in it and I'm more than happy to use either![emoji1]
I was considering running a pair of D750's for when I shoot my occasional weddings,but shot the couple portraits exclusively with the D610 at the last one I did and am more than happy with the results!
Pic probably not the best quality as posted from my phone.36032835155_738b44d545_o.jpg

Last edited:
That's what I like!
I can use them together or pick up either and not have to think!
I just grab a bag and know it will have a D610 or D750 in it and I'm more than happy to use either![emoji1]
I was considering running a pair of D750's for when I shoot my occasional weddings,but shot the couple portraits exclusively with the D610 at the last one I did and am more than happy with the results!
Pic probably not the best quality as posted from my phone.View attachment 109886

Again, pretty much the same. I don't care which I pick up, they're set up identically. Did the same at the last wedding I did. Nice shot Simon.

You know what? The grip really isn't so bad either. Much was made of the improvement with the 750 but it doesn't bother me. Main gripe is not being able to set the OK button to 100% view, that is real handy. The AF really isn't an issue either.

You know what? The grip really isn't so bad either. Much was made of the improvement with the 750 but it doesn't bother me. Main gripe is not being able to set the OK button to 100% view, that is real handy. The AF really isn't an issue either.

I agree!
Surely at this stage a firmware update would allow us to use the OK button to zoom to 100%.
I could be tempted to trade in both my D610 and D750 for a D850 though![emoji33]
I've still got my D7000 if I need 2 bodies![emoji848]

I agree!
Surely at this stage a firmware update would allow us to use the OK button to zoom to 100%.
I could be tempted to trade in both my D610 and D750 for a D850 though![emoji33]
I've still got my D7000 if I need 2 bodies![emoji848]

Been saying that for a long time now. Got excited with the update last month but sadly that didn't fix any of those issues. I don't think Nikon will bother now, the 750 seems to have taken the sales away from 610 which will be left to dwindle until they release the next reiteration to replace both.

Tempted with the 850 and doing the same, but my sensible side says I need to get more out of my two bodies and save for a 105 beforehand. See where I'm at in 3 years time I reckon. Hopefully by then the pound will be stronger, I will have a 105 and a grey 850 might be had for £2k which would make it very viable.

these are a bargain now. under £900 from digital rev.
i do have a soft spot for the d610 as it was my first full frame camera.

I'm sure I paid slightly less than that for mine when the pound was stronger (from Panamoz) It still is a very good option even with whatever replacement comes out at around £2,250. Let's be honest, it's more than up to the job for the majority of us, I don't think my photography will improve even by the 850, I'm the limiting factor.

Been saying that for a long time now. Got excited with the update last month but sadly that didn't fix any of those issues. I don't think Nikon will bother now, the 750 seems to have taken the sales away from 610 which will be left to dwindle until they release the next reiteration to replace both.

Tempted with the 850 and doing the same, but my sensible side says I need to get more out of my two bodies and save for a 105 beforehand. See where I'm at in 3 years time I reckon. Hopefully by then the pound will be stronger, I will have a 105 and a grey 850 might be had for £2k which would make it very viable.

I'll probably stay as I am to be fair!
The D8** series is an itch I've always wanted to scratch and never have!
I'll see what money's like,I've no GAS for any glass at the moment as I'm fairly happy with my current line up!
I would like an 85mm of some description though!

Loving my D600. Just need some flash triggers now and one more SB700. I know I can trigger from the pop up flash but I hate doing that and wish it didn't even have a pop up flash!

Loving my D600. Just need some flash triggers now and one more SB700. I know I can trigger from the pop up flash but I hate doing that and wish it didn't even have a pop up flash!

I have an SB700 which I use primarily on-camera when needed. But also have two Godox TT685's with an XT-1 trigger - awesome bit of kit for for the money. I did buy the transmitter so that I can use the Sb700 with the system too but all that was less than £200 and works flawlessly, super value for money. My only gripe is that the plate of the flashes aren't a perfect fit when on the cameras hot shoe. As the head rotation is quite stiff, it moves a little when rotating the head at the base, but it's not a deal breaker. Occasionally have used one of the Godox's on camera with a OCF but wirelessly controlled from the master unit. Very easy to use too. Highly recommended and a third of the cost of any other option.

I'm glad there's still a few of us around, seems deathly quite of late on here.

The only thing's I'd like from the 750 would be a flippable rear screen and better AF, but mostly the screen - I seem to use manual focus lenses quite a bit, and my AF lenses are usually set between f11 and f16. One thing I don't *think* I need is more pixels

Try and revive this thread a little.

Grabbed a camera yesterday morning as my little girl wouldn’t wake up. Still a little unsure as to whether to crop a little tighter, the composition is a tad loose I feel? Bounced flash too as I was maxing everything out with the ambient light initially.

37039587234_760f82c720_b.jpg

The only thing's I'd like from the 750 would be a flippable rear screen and better AF, but mostly the screen - I seem to use manual focus lenses quite a bit, and my AF lenses are usually set between f11 and f16. One thing I don't *think* I need is more pixels
Those are the two things I would like too. But most importantly for me better af. I'm soon to pay myself a bonus and could upgrade to the d750 but in all honestly I'm going to wait out the price drops on the d810 which seems to be falling fast and pick up a nice new lens or two in the meantime. Fancy the 35 1.8 and the 20 1.8 to 'complete 'my' 1.8 collection.

Last edited:
A recent trip up to Glencoe for a few days with friends. Weather could have been a bit more accommodating but this day wasn’t too bad.
I’m running a Fuji XT1 along with my D610 and was considering getting rid of all my Nikon gear, but changed my mind after this trip.

2738E616-E432-4370-8F7F-5C4674B7EA2C.jpeg

A recent trip up to Glencoe for a few days with friends. Weather could have been a bit more accommodating but this day wasn’t too bad.
I’m running a Fuji XT1 along with my D610 and was considering getting rid of all my Nikon gear, but changed my mind after this trip.

View attachment 112746

The one and only time I travelled to Glencoe it literally rained all of the time we were there. Fabulous place though, will go back one day..

Yes we had plenty of rain too. Agreed it’s a stunning place:)

I always wanted to take a picture of the buacaille and so we had a drink in hope the rain would pass.It didn’t. And so we drove there to just stand in the steps of that most famous spot. The rain literally broke for about 5 minutes and I got a frame.

If we didn’t get rain we wouldn’t have waterfalls! [emoji23]

I’m back up there next month ...

Slipped off page 1 again!

Funny shot this. Completely shooting from the hip, off the floor and hoping the top focus point hits the spot. Well it didn't, but it caught mum watching on, and so I quite liked it in the end.

37856915832_428ed08c0c_b.jpg

37092127554_3394f09672_o.jpg

This is a gully under a path somewhere in the Peak District ! If you didn’t know it was there you would miss it completely.... a mate showed me where it was! You need wellies for sure! And it’s noisy

Evening all, What do you think my chances are of Nikon replacing my shutter mech FOC on my secondhand D600?

Evening all, What do you think my chances are of Nikon replacing my shutter mech FOC on my secondhand D600?

Send it in for warranty and then drop a nicely worded email to the Nikon UK managing director. It was John Walshe when I sent mine. He personally escalated the warranty and sent me a D610 instead.

Is it only me or does the live view on the D610 seem rubbish in lower light? I was out with a friend on the streets of London at night recently and his A6000, I think it is, was great with live view. Very bright and perfectly visible. My live view was just darkness and unusable. It was quite bright streetlight too.

Send it in for warranty and then drop a nicely worded email to the Nikon UK managing director. It was John Walshe when I sent mine. He personally escalated the warranty and sent me a D610 instead.

Cheers for the info, had a look on Nikon’s website, do I need to class the return as a free service or something else? I didn’t buy the camera new. Could you possibly PM his email address?

Thanks for your help.
Jon

Is it only me or does the live view on the D610 seem rubbish in lower light? I was out with a friend on the streets of London at night recently and his A6000, I think it is, was great with live view. Very bright and perfectly visible. My live view was just darkness and unusable. It was quite bright streetlight too.
As an ex Sony user and now Nikon user I can without a shadow of doubt say Sony’s live view implementation isn’t ‘just’ better than Nikon’s, it’s generarations ahead.

Back