Nikon D600 / D610 Official Users thread - Anything D6x0 related

Have you tried/tested the Nikkor 85mm version against the Sigma 85mm at all....?

Only a couple of shots in Jessops on the d750. Not enough to make a comparison.
It's very light weight though and generally gets very good reviews.
The sigma is bigger, heavier and the af on my copy was a bit clunky. But I was 2nd owner.

I guess it depends if you want/need 1.4? If you do then get the sigma.

Has anyone got a d600/610 with a 20mm 1.8g series?

Any examples of landscapes would be appreciated.......

Thanks in advance

Pm sent

After about 18 months of having my D610 I've noticed some significant marks showing on some images. This only cropped up within the last month or two (I went through some older photos to check) and won't budge with my dust blower. Going to buy some Invisible Dust swabs to dry and clean the sensor up a bit. Anyone else had this with their D610? Or is this common amongst all DSLRs? I do photograph in some very dusty places, so this could be something to do with it.

After about 18 months of having my D610 I've noticed some significant marks showing on some images. This only cropped up within the last month or two (I went through some older photos to check) and won't budge with my dust blower. Going to buy some Invisible Dust swabs to dry and clean the sensor up a bit. Anyone else had this with their D610? Or is this common amongst all DSLRs? I do photograph in some very dusty places, so this could be something to do with it.
It was something of an issue with the D600 as that threw oil over the sensor in some cases, largely fixed in the D610. All DSLRs get dust spots over time, some are harder to shift (e.g. pollen) than others. Cleaning the sensor is a fact of life :)

Probably in need of a good clean. I know Jessops do a same day service now - but couldn't say how good they are as have not used them.

i had oil problems with both the D600 and the replacement D610. Finally got rid and purchased a D800E. Couldn't be happier, no oil/dust issues whatsoever.

Is there a batch of D600 where Nikon fixed the oil/ shutter problems.

I am asking as I think I have a late model/ low shutter count and haven't encountered this problem yet and hopefully never.

When I get back from holiday I might send my camera in for fixing as I don't what the problem to appear when on a shoot.

Really enjoying the full frame goodness! I have the 50mm f1.8D lens and trying to decide if I should go 85mm f1.8 or get a 35mm, I don't really have any interest in a zoom lens. what is the best value 35mm for Nikon full frame?

Really enjoying the full frame goodness! I have the 50mm f1.8D lens and trying to decide if I should go 85mm f1.8 or get a 35mm, I don't really have any interest in a zoom lens. what is the best value 35mm for Nikon full frame?
it all depends on what you shoot i have the 85 1.8 and love it to bits. But you might prefer the 35
The AFS 35 1.8 for FX is well regarded. About the same price second hand as the 85mm but not as common
but again what do you shoot?

Mainly portraiture of my daughters which i know the 85mm would be perfect for but also would like a wide (ish) for indoor portraits...is the 35mm f2 well regarded? Just about to google for some reviews.

ive no experience of the 35. i shoot people as well hence the 85mm
i was thinking about a 35 as the next lens but i have a zoom which covers it and i dont use that much
even a recent shoot where i planed to shoot wider than normal didnt shoot there much
having read around the 35 f2 is ok but id start with the 85

I think ultimately my lens line up will be the 35mm, 50mm and 85mm so will keep my eyes open for any bargains knocking about!

I think ultimately my lens line up will be the 35mm, 50mm and 85mm so will keep my eyes open for any bargains knocking about!
Just a thought on the 35mm - the Nikon 1.8 goes for 300-350 second hand from a dealer. The Sigma art can be found for 500 from a dealer and is considered a stonkingly good lens. For another 150 it might be worth it...?

I had looked at the sigma art lens...They do look very nice!

Last edited:
Think i may try the bro in laws 35mm dx on the d600. Watched a few videos and the results once corrected in lightroom look pretty good for what i would use the lens for. Does anybody have any experience with this lens on a full frame body?

Think i may try the bro in laws 35mm dx on the d600. Watched a few videos and the results once corrected in lightroom look pretty good for what i would use the lens for. Does anybody have any experience with this lens on a full frame body?

That lens is designed for crop sensor cameras, so on your d600 you will see severe vignetting as the lens won't cover the whole of the camera sensor. To get around that you would need to put the camera into crop/dx mode at the cost of about half the resolution (12mp).

I'd get the sigma. It's mind blowing.

That lens is designed for crop sensor cameras, so on your d600 you will see severe vignetting as the lens won't cover the whole of the camera sensor. To get around that you would need to put the camera into crop/dx mode at the cost of about half the resolution (12mp).

I'd get the sigma. It's mind blowing.
I know the sigma is great but its 5 times the price and i will only need to close focus and use aptertures under f5.6 in fx mode...watch a video on youtube called 35mm dx on fx. You might be suprised by the results. Also im only trying the lens, not buying it.

9078d9b5747634df6cdf60852b2884d0.jpg

End of the rainbow at Chatsworth.

Unsure about the free services but I picked a d600 a few months ago and really pleased with it.

Still using my D610 1 year on.

I have been seriously looking at the D610, and the D750, just worried that if I get the 610 I would still want to try the 750, more expense. But the 610 does make sense financially. Also fancy the swinging screen, I had one on my D5100 and did find it good for macro close to the ground.

Get the D750 then, it sounds like you have already decided on it! No point shelling out for a D610 then wanting the D750.

I have been seriously looking at the D610, and the D750, just worried that if I get the 610 I would still want to try the 750, more expense. But the 610 does make sense financially. Also fancy the swinging screen, I had one on my D5100 and did find it good for macro close to the ground.

Fixed screen is a pain in the bum. Given the choice I'd have the 750 too.

Went down the D600 route rather than D750 as that seems to be moving ever further out of reach financially (never known a camera raise and maintain a price for so long after release!)

With the Sigma 35mm f1.4 ART attached I soon forgot that I wasn't using the latest and greatest camera :)

Heaven's Gate by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

Lovely shot Chris, that lens is on my wish list! Ive had the D600 a few months now and still love it!

Back