Nikon D750 & D780

Got a few goodies waiting for me at home... Ex-Pro grip and 2200mAh battery and a new flash. :D
Will be interested to hear what you think of the grip? I tried the Meike but find it a bit brick like. Which flash?

It'll probably be much the same i would have thought.

As for the flash, it's a Neewer 985n.

Just bought one of them too, connects and works well with the d750! Still mastering flash so won't be putting any pics up with the use of it just yet ;)

I may be joining this thread soon, you know, peer pressure and all that [emoji4], and my love for full frame which has made me keep the RX1 amongst all the other cameras. Itchy trigger finger on Panamoz

Just bought one of them too, connects and works well with the d750! Still mastering flash so won't be putting any pics up with the use of it just yet ;)
Put it in TTL, bounce it off the ceiling and job done ;) :p

:exit:

Last edited:
@Snooky, although not as good as his understanding exposure book I did find understanding flash photography by Bryan Peterson has some useful info in regarding the use of flash. I did find the way he suggested calculating distance and aperture etc a bit unnecessary, and a bit useless unless you have the SB-900/910, but otherwise it's a good book.

HSS is a lot of fun [emoji38]

The Ex-Pro grip seems quite good. Only tried it with the 85 up to yet but it should make a nice difference when used with the 24-70 I'm guessing.

Tempted by having another go with a 50 1.4 too.

Got a busy few weeks ahead... Family shoot on Saturday, Rally GB on the 14th, possible family shoot the day after or the following weekend, then a wedding on the 27th and another family on the 29th... Not bad to say i have no idea what I'm doing. :D

Might get a cheap flash to complement my sb-700 for now. Was bouncing it around the room over the weekend - it's been a while!

Got mine at the weekend after a short break after my d7100 died. Had a play with it at the weekend what an amazing bit of kit

I've been playing around with a D750 that has come my way (Don't Ask), and this is one of the shots I have taken. I don't know what the subject is but I thought it was good to try out some detail.

D750, 24-85mm Nikon Lens @ 85mm, 1/30th @ F 5.6, 100-ISO, Handheld.

Autumn (2)-82195 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y)

George.

Tis Teasal. A favourite of Goldfinches.

Thanks for that m8, I have no idea what these sort of things are.(y)

Would be interesting to see a few comparison shots with it and the D810. ;)

I've just posted a D810 shot in the scenic section, the detail is amazing but no better than the D800 (not that I can see). The micro detail & micro contrast are better than the D750 using the same lens, which indeed they should be with 12mps more.(y)

George.

Took a few shots with the d800 again......I love both but the ideal would be a cross between the two!

D750 body with U1 U2
36 mpx no AA filter from D810
1/8000 shutter and quiet shutter like D810
64 base ISO
D750 like high ISO output
Tilt screen
Round eyepiece and curtain
AF module of D750

Price : £1300 Panamoz :D

and I will be game.

While ordering the D750, for a split moment hesitated for the D810 as I tend to crop a lot and it was £500 more, but settled for a more well rounded camera the D750 for my needs. But the D810 is still a temptation as it is so good.

D750 body with U1 U2
36 mpx no AA filter from D810
1/8000 shutter and quiet shutter like D810
64 base ISO
D750 like high ISO output
Tilt screen
Round eyepiece and curtain
AF module of D750

Price : £1300 Panamoz :D

and I will be game.

While ordering the D750, for a split moment hesitated for the D810 as I tend to crop a lot and it was £500 more, but settled for a more well rounded camera the D750 for my needs. But the D810 is still a temptation as it is so good.
This is pretty much my wish list for the ideal camera too, except I'd add a wider AF spread too ;)

My Nikkor 24-70 2.8 lens arrived at work today - won't get the D750 until Friday. I'm like a kid waiting for Xmas!

I like the look of it but absolutely can't justify it at all - I have 2 exceptional cameras.......I'm just a very average shooter
It was a toss up between the D810 and D750 for me, the D750 won for my needs :)

It was a toss up between the D810 and D750 for me, the D750 won for my needs :)

Same here, after owning the D700 an D800 I like the 'consumer' features of the D750 and other improvements. Flappy screen, better AF, U1/2, better hi iso, smaller and lighter, faster fps vs the D810 build and more pixels.

Also, when using heavy primes the weight saving is still there.

Last edited:
Back