Nikon D750 & D780

I know, but I think the generic ir remote is only a fiver and quite liked it on my d90 (unfortunately sold it with the d90!)
Can't knock a fiver I guess so got to be worth a punt, mind you, the rf603's also trigger flashes too ;) ...

It was a toss up between the D810 and D750 for me, the D750 won for my needs :)
Same here. D810 was like a 'want' thing, but D750 satisfies more than my needs as a photographer.

I know many like me prefer the lighter weight of the D750, but having tried a D810 I liked the feel of holding the camera. It has a substantial feeling of good build and form factor. I tried it with the 70-200 2.8 and and the 24-70 2.8. It was heavy, but balanced better than my D750 with 70-200 F4..

D810 with a 20/24/28/35/50/85 prime will be killer and i won't mind walking around for travel and landscape. Someday...

Used your phone?? I'd better RTFM[emoji1]

Is it easy to do?

Yes I downloaded the app and it uses the wifi function (form memory) not used it much but far easier then getting low down even with the tilting screen.

Edit to add the app is called Nikon wmu ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1446565627.082469.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Trouble with the app is the WiFi is so flaky. It's the one thing Nikon have got wrong

Trouble with the app is the WiFi is so flaky. It's the one thing Nikon have got wrong

Just had a go, and let my daughter have a go. The wifi feels very clunky. They could have done this much better. Anyway. My youngest managed to use it!ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1446570442.810843.jpg

This is straight from the app

Last edited:
My experience with the app was quite frustrating.

Just been dabbling in the menu. Does anyone use the extended ISO at the low end? Is there anything to be gained to going lower than 100?

I have been playing with the high end and I must say I'm impressed :)

Just been dabbling in the menu. Does anyone use the extended ISO at the low end? Is there anything to be gained to going lower than 100?

I have been playing with the high end and I must say I'm impressed :)

I do. But only if i want a slower shutter speed. Apparently you're more likely to clip the highlights using the LO settings as it is done 'in camera' somehow i think.

I'd like a wide angle lens- £250 to spend on 1 for my d750!! Samyang 14mm worth a bash?

@Snooky I found this earlier after missing out on a used uk version for £200. I usually buy from Hdew or Panamoz but they don't sell it. This company has some good reviews so going to order it soon.

edit - the link originally posted only shows a picture of the lens, but the company is 'eglobal central'.

Last edited:
Has anyone bought from eglobal before? They have a D7200 on offer at the mo for £392.

Sorry quite right, it's the D7100. Link from here.

Now after losing my sigma 150-500 in the same accident as the d7100. I need a new lens in that catergory, i have all the other ranges covered.

But from my simple knowledge if i go for something in that range am i going to be looking at getting a tele converter as well to get better focal length on full frame?

Now after losing my sigma 150-500 in the same accident as the d7100. I need a new lens in that catergory, i have all the other ranges covered.

But from my simple knowledge if i go for something in that range am i going to be looking at getting a tele converter as well to get better focal length on full frame?
I use the Tamron 150-600mm on my D750 and find it's got enough reach for most things.

I've played with the Sigma 150-600 sport for a weekend which seemed good. So good I hope one is waiting for me when I get home.

I wasnt sure if it would be effected after i saw a pic on here that was all. Guess there is only one way to find out :)

Youre not going to find much with longer than 600mm focal length unless you start looking into using crop again.

I wasnt sure if it would be effected after i saw a pic on here that was all. Guess there is only one way to find out :)
What do you mean you're not sure if it would be effected? You lose the crop factor so 600mm will be 600mm, whereas on the D7100 the 500mm would have been effectively 750mm so you will have less reach, but IMO FF crops better.

Youre not going to find much with longer than 600mm focal length unless you start looking into using crop again.
I've only used ff for a few days and wish I'd done it sooner. But having been used to the crop factor on the 500mm sigma. I wasn't sure if I was going to need a teleconverter to get a similar focal distance/ advantage. I know you lose a stop or 2 but I've found with the higher iso advantages of the d750 didn't think it would be an issue

I've only used ff for a few days and wish I'd done it sooner. But having been used to the crop factor on the 500mm sigma. I wasn't sure if I was going to need a teleconverter to get a similar focal distance/ advantage. I know you lose a stop or 2 but I've found with the higher iso advantages of the d750 didn't think it would be an issue

Depends on how well this lens works with a TC and wether the AF performance and IQ would be adequate for your requirements. As Snerks said, you can always crop and should be okay at 600mm. Ive not seen many people say 600mm is never enough.

Last edited:
Back