Nikon D750 & D780

An hour? A lot longer to the Lakes... ;)

It takes me a hour to get to the Peak District. Well worth the effort mate.

I'd rather the 3 / 4 hour drive to the peaks than the hour drive to Southwold though :)

Well if you ever do fancy a trip up then let me know. Would be good to meet you mate.

Will have to take you up on that :)

We were up that way a couple of months back, the missus won a raffle prize of a convertible Mini Cooper S for a weekend, and I decided I needed some windy mountain roads to play on :) My little girl whinged for about a month after that every time we got into my rusty ford focus lol

One more and it will be 200 pages. This thread rocks. :cool:

Loving the images being posted will have to make an effort to get some decent shots with my D750 need the weather to improve and not be at work!! Off the a birds or Prey workshop on Saturday so hopefully I may have something from there

Anyone here gone from the sigma 35 to the nikon 35 1.8g ed? i see a lot switching to the sigma, but the lighter weight appeals to me.

Seraching on line theres mixed opinions on which is better and sharper.

I'm going through the same thought process ATM.
A 35mm is my next lens purchase, and both lenses seem sharp, and perform well.
At the moment, I am swaying toward the Sigma, as there seems to be a (slightly) more pleasant rendering to images.
But on weight, the Nikon wins !
I'm just trying to work out how important the weight is as part of my decision making.

Can I ask , How many of you actually use the Video on your D750, or would you have preferred some other function instead. I never use mine. pos may have a go with it over Christmas. but 8000 instead of 4000 would have been better than video for me.

Can I ask , How many of you actually use the Video on your D750, or would you have preferred some other function instead. I never use mine. pos may have a go with it over Christmas. but 8000 instead of 4000 would have been better than video for me.

I do. Its not a case of 1/8000 vs whatever, afaik they did not use a 1/8000 shutter because of cost / size / weight.

I mentioned it a while back that I was looking for a new puter and we bought one from Tesco last week to use up our Clubcard points using boost. Managed to snag a i7 6700 (skylake?) HP machine with 128gb SSD but may need to up the RAM from 8gb to 16gb with the savings, as there's some money in the pot if needed.

Having a play around now and it's a flying machine over my 7 year old AMD machine, will see how it goes with the CC package which I upgraded for.

Enough mumbling now, just like to thank the people who advised me on this thread, @twist @snerkler etc............

Another post towards the 200

I mentioned it a while back that I was looking for a new puter and we bought one from Tesco last week to use up our Clubcard points using boost. Managed to snag a i7 6700 (skylake?) HP machine with 128gb SSD but may need to up the RAM from 8gb to 16gb with the savings, as there's some money in the pot if needed.

Having a play around now and it's a flying machine over my 7 year old AMD machine, will see how it goes with the CC package which I upgraded for.

Enough mumbling now, just like to thank the people who advised me on this thread, @twist @snerkler etc............

Another post towards the 200

Sounds a nice spec. Dont think theres really a need for more RAM but if you have money in the pot then why not.

Not used the video function yet but form what I seen and read its good I'm sure at some point I will use it

I use mine for video. The Nikon colours just appeal to me over the Canon kit a lot of friends tend to use and differentiates my footage.

Anyone here gone from the sigma 35 to the nikon 35 1.8g ed? i see a lot switching to the sigma, but the lighter weight appeals to me.

Seraching on line theres mixed opinions on which is better and sharper.
I like my sigma but not sure how much better it is than my Nikon 35 was.

When it's done I might have space for a studio set up though, eyeing up the lencarta smartflash kits
Been eyeing these up myself, not sure I can stump to £340 for a 2 light 2 softbox setup at the mo though.

Been eyeing these up myself, not sure I can stump to £340 for a 2 light 2 softbox setup at the mo though.

I'm re-investing most of my profit from weddings at the moment to fund my kit. More the space rather than the cash that's a factor for me. Storage space that is, I know the room will be big enough to use as a studio. I just won't be able to leave kit set up.

So then... This 58mm... :D

Considering selling the 85 and stumping up the rest for it from Panamoz. It's still a fair chunk of cash! I was certain i had seen one at MPB for £799 but the cheapest they have now is £899. Meh.

Another thought was perhaps try and get a nice example of the Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VR1.

GAS-o-rama babieeeee :help:

So then... This 58mm... :D

Considering selling the 85 and stumping up the rest for it from Panamoz. It's still a fair chunk of cash! I was certain i had seen one at MPB for £799 but the cheapest they have now is £899. Meh.

Another thought was perhaps try and get a nice example of the Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VR1.

GAS-o-rama babieeeee :help:

First dibs on your 85 [emoji13]

Got a problem with a d750- using a sigma 600mm sport lens and a 1.4 tele converter
First picture fine in sequence then next 4/5 dark and then a picture again! Would that be something to do with the shutter speed?

Got a problem with a d750- using a sigma 600mm sport lens and a 1.4 tele converter
First picture fine in sequence then next 4/5 dark and then a picture again! Would that be something to do with the shutter speed?
Don't see why shutter speed would cause this. Does it occur without the TC? Is it during single shot shooting or high speed burst/continuous? Might be the TC/lens combo not being able to keep up with the fps for some reason.

Last edited:
Anybody using a PD clutch? What's it like reaching the shutter and bbf when its on tight? Thanks

Don't see why shutter speed would cause this. Does it occur without the TC? Is it during single shot shooting or high speed burst/continuous? Might be the TC/lens combo not being able to keep up with the fps for some reason.

it has in high continuous mode, ill double check (my fathers setup) with and without TC connected! I had thought it might of been a bad connection or dirty contacts between it all! cheers for replying

it has in high continuous mode, ill double check (my fathers setup) with and without TC connected! I had thought it might of been a bad connection or dirty contacts between it all! cheers for replying
Could be, always worth checking.

Anybody using a PD clutch? What's it like reaching the shutter and bbf when its on tight? Thanks

Can be an issue done up really tight, but mine was secure enough while hanging out the side of a safari jeep

Does anyone use the Nikon 180 2.8 on their 750?
If so, how is the focussing speed?
Also, any images wide open please?

Cheers,
Gary.

Back