Nikon D750 & D780

Had a play in the fog today, frustrating as I can always think of things to shoot in the fog when it's not about then when its here .... Nothing !!

Me & a tree by Chris Marr, on Flickr

Posh selfie kinda thing .

That works real good for me Chris, great lead in, good use of DOF, and great composition.(y)

George.

So signature opinions? Too simple, doesn't stand out enough? Centre or right?

justinakehurst_zpspqniowzn.jpg

Yes - that would be the answer!

So scrap last part of question...

So signature opinions? Too simple, doesn't stand out enough?

If you're using PS @JJ! , then why don't you make your signature or several up as a brush/brushes. You can then add it/them to any shot in any position and alter the size, opacity, colour etc as you wish. That's what I do and it works very well.(y)

George.

Yeah using photoshop - that was just a font I like that I experimented with spacing. Was just saving them as layers I can just put over a photos.

How do you do them as brushes? No clue lol

The misses seems to think you can't read it enough - was trying to explain that was half the point of it!

Last edited:
Yeah using photoshop - that was just a font I like that I experimented with spacing. Was just saving them as layers I can just put over a photos.

The misses seems to think you can't read it enough - was trying to explain that was half the point of it!

It's quite easy, I'll get the details of how to do it typed out and to you in the next day or two.(y)

George.

It's quite easy, I'll get the details of how to do it typed out and to you in the next day or two.(y)

George.

Cheers! Much appreciated!

Its getting a mix of something simple that can be just about read that doesn't get in the way of photos!

Think I like it.

Create a new file (File>New), make sure the background is transparent.

Then type what you want, in the font you want. Select 'Edit>Define Brush Preset', call it what you want, et voila! You'll be able to select it from the brush drop down. Just don't forget to alter the size/opacity/flow as per any other brush.

Thank you thank you!

I think the text needs a bit more punch... maybe...

Tried bolding it up a bit, but then it loses a bit of its simple classy look....

uuurrrrrggghhhhh

Last edited:
Oh, and here's me thinking this was the D750 thread !!

Thank you thank you!

I think the text needs a bit more punch... maybe...

Tried bolding it up a bit, but then it loses a bit of its simple classy look....

uuurrrrrggghhhhh

How about reducing the spacing & italics on "photography" ?

Reactions: JJ!
just got that self same setup and have to say im surprised just how heavy the lens is! i was expecting something a little lighter. Im sure the quality is there though just a pity its made of iron :)

just got that self same setup and have to say im surprised just how heavy the lens is! i was expecting something a little lighter. Im sure the quality is there though just a pity its made of iron :)

50 ART makes the 35 feel lightweight.

Thanks Ashley, I can't wait to use it to see how it compares to the Nikon 35 1.8 ED. I know the Nikon is lighter, but I have saved a fair bit of weight chopping in the D700 for the D750 (that was my way of talking myself into the purchase lol).

Would love to see some pics with the combination...

i could just be my feeble wrists. I did have a D800 but got rid of that a year ago and just been using an XE-2 and film cameras. A couple of months and my forearms will put popeyes to shame :) Just weighed it and the body and lens come in at 1430 grams

Last edited:
one thing i just noticed about the body which im a bit dissapointed about, there isnt a socket to fit a flash trigger lead. I always found the wireless triggers to be a bit hit and miss especially if the studio hadnt charged them up fully!, so was much happier just to plug a lead in. Thats a little annoying.

Oh, and here's me thinking this was the D750 thread !!

I think so much is covered in this thread that you don't need to look elsewhere. It seems anything loosely related to the D750 goes on here! Whether that's processing d750 images, straps that fit the D750, lenses that fit the d750, where to go to take photos using a d750.... it's all related in some small way ;) It's amazing how made threads I've read and someone says 'this was discussed in the d750 thread recently'.

Last edited:
I think so much is covered in this thread that you don't need to look elsewhere. It seems anything loosely related to the D750 goes on here! Whether that's processing d750 images, straps that fit the D750, lenses that fit the d750, where to go to take photos using a d750.... it's all related in some small way ;) It's amazing how made threads I've read and someone says 'this was discussed in the d750 thread recently'.

Everything you ever wanted to know, including various links, is in here somewhere ;)

That's very true.
I think this will probably become the biggest camera thread on here. (If it isn't already !)

So close lol.

I was looking up the 50mm Sigma today, can't believe the weight of it, I thought the 35mm was heavy. So did you order anything?

Your right the 50mm is a fair weight to be fair!

I received my new toy today.... a new D810.. as much as I liked the D750 I have kept looking back at images from my D800 and theres just something extra about the landscape and architecture shots I took with it so I've made the change, a little different to what I was expecting to do (go mirrorless) but ultimately for me I think the right call.

I did order a used mint 18-35G (£360 from WEX) a Nikon 35mm f1.8G ( again used from WEX £330) and a couple of compact flash cards but will see how I go with that, I still have a 50mm and Tamron 70-300 which will be fine on the few occasions I use anything longer than about 70mm...

I've still got a few Fuji bits to move and that cash will probably end up going on a 24-70 as 90%+ of my shots have been taken with a Tamron 24-70 the last couple of years with the 35mm in my bag so I can take just that and the D810 and be a bit more compact!

Sounds like an expensive day.

Its so hard to get the kit right and when we have it just the way we want it, we will always want/look to see what else is about. Hopefully the D810 works out for you.

I am hoping my new Sigma 35mm lives up to the expectation as the 35mm I brought from you was amazing.

Sounds like an expensive day.

Its so hard to get the kit right and when we have it just the way we want it, we will always want/look to see what else is about. Hopefully the D810 works out for you.

I am hoping my new Sigma 35mm lives up to the expectation as the 35mm I brought from you was amazing.

Your right there Daryl, I should have realised when I had my D800 that really for me the kit was "there", I'd like something smaller but I might keep an eye out for a good deal on an X100S/T as that would be grand in the bag, even just holding a D810 again is brilliant! The AF seems great too, it was the one place I thought it might not be quite as good as the D750 was.

If I was going prime only I'd have the Sigma its just a cracking lens and the detail from it is incredible, but as the prime is intended to be to make it "lighter" the Nikon will more than suffice, its a great lens ( as are all of the G primes really!)

Last edited:
Great service from Panamoz. I used them for my D750 before moving to the A7Rii.
I know, they are really good, I purchased an 85mm off of them in the past and the service was great. They even added a £20 discount as I ordered the body and lens, happy days :)

Back