Nikon D750 & D780

Been busy recently so not been on here much! Wedding season has started for me though, and the 24mm Art partnered up perfectly with the 58mm. Swapped between combos of 24 / 58 and 35 / 85 throughout the day. Now have a couple of days of editing ahead. This version is from facebook, so quality might be a bit pants.

john by Andy Dane, on Flickr

Quick grab-shot of BabyExile....

2mqrnv9.jpg

Been busy recently so not been on here much! Wedding season has started for me though, and the 24mm Art partnered up perfectly with the 58mm. Swapped between combos of 24 / 58 and 35 / 85 throughout the day. Now have a couple of days of editing ahead. This version is from facebook, so quality might be a bit pants.

john by Andy Dane, on Flickr

Looks a bit grainy but that's facebook for you! How many bodies did you use? Wedding coming up and still no idea what to use!!!

Looks a bit grainy but that's facebook for you! How many bodies did you use? Wedding coming up and still no idea what to use!!!

I was posting from the surface and too lazy to get the file from my desktop lol

Used two d750s

God only been away for 3 weeks and over 1k posts..

Not read though or check the thread so will just ask. Anyone had issues with the shutter on start up? Mine now 90% of the time takes a black image and seems like the shutter hangs on the first shot turning it on or if ive left it a while. Only a year old and 2k ish shots.

Is this an issue with non recall D750's does anyone know or is this one of the possible symptoms of the serial numbers concerned?

God only been away for 3 weeks and over 1k posts..

Not read though or check the thread so will just ask. Anyone had issues with the shutter on start up? Mine now 90% of the time takes a black image and seems like the shutter hangs on the first shot turning it on or if ive left it a while. Only a year old and 2k ish shots.
Never had this on mine, which was bought on first release.

Looks like the Sparrowhawk has clocked you mate.

Yeah I know. It was a tad un nerving ;) Never seen one before, and a shame the bugger was so high up.

Last edited:
Thanks Paul - I was pretty happy with that one - I much prefer it when they're real

Right, just had my friends round who have asked me to photograph their wedding. They have looked through my stuff and are really happy with what they have seen.

They would like a few group shot of family etc. but they want more candid shots than anything else.

Sadly the sale of the 24-70 Nikon I borrowed has fallen through so its back to square one!

So now taking the above in to consideration do I look at:

1. Tamron 24-70 VC
2. Nikon 24-120 F4
3. Nikon 35/85 f1.8g combo
4. Tamron 35mm f1.8VC and wait for Tamron 85mm f1.8VC to go with it

Right, just had my friends round who have asked me to photograph their wedding. They have looked through my stuff and are really happy with what they have seen.

They would like a few group shot of family etc. but they want more candid shots than anything else.

Sadly the sale of the 24-70 Nikon I borrowed has fallen through so its back to square one!

1. Tamron 24-70 VC
2. Nikon 24-120 F4

If you don't normally shoot weddings I would say the Tamron 24-70. Will give you the flexibility and DOF. Primes are great (when i do a wedding I will normally do a 24-70 on one and something like a 20mm or 85mm on my other body) but often you can find yourself too short or long, particularly if not experienced.

I hate the way Facebook does that to pics! Were you using the 35/85 1.4s or 1.8s?

1.8s, can't justify the 1.4 at the moment. Both Nikon, 24mm was the Sigma Art

1.8s, can't justify the 1.4 at the moment. Both Nikon, 24mm was the Sigma Art

I did use the 35mm briefly the other day, its a bit of a chunky little beast! I'm still toying with the 35/85 combo but with 1 body I'm sure its not a wise move.... Not that I do very wise things!

1. Tamron 24-70 VC
2. Nikon 24-120 F4
Zoom if you've only got one body. Are you likely to shoot more weddings or is this a one off? If it's the latter are any of these lenses ones you'll likely want to use for your own personal use?

Zoom if you've only got one body. Are you likely to shoot more weddings or is this a one off? If it's the latter are any of these lenses ones you'll likely want to use for your own personal use?

Not sure - done 2 as favours and 1 christening so just been looking back at the difference is pictures I took, and seeing what look I like best and see where I can improve! Seemed it was way before I tool advice from TP and my settings were all over the place!

I like to go for walks and enjoy taking pics out and about and also a lot of animal (mainly horses) portraits which the 50mm is my main carry.

Not wanting to sound like an arse and I'm probably guessing this came up in your other thread, but what happens if your camera goes belly up on the day? Do you have a plan?

Samsung S6 :D f1.9 innit!!

Actually, I have some canon device on standby!

Last edited:
Back