Nikon D750 & D780

I suspect you may be right but I guess I'll see how they compare when in get one!
Unless you prefer the button layout of the D800 or need the 36mp for some reason I agree with Twist.

Get my camera back from Nikon today, and have two nice new lenses waiting to go on it as well!

One of our d750s had the flare issue. 2 didnt. Unfortunately after it was fixed the af was screwed and i had to send it back. Looks like im gonna have to send it back a third time as the AF is still screwed and the rubber hand grip is peeling off.

Real shame. The AF was sweet before i sent it off.

Deci one of mine was exactly the same. Sent it in for the flare issue (which I never seen nor couldn't reproduce) came back with the rubber grip coming off and AF completely bonkers. Panamoz gave me a brand new one and it's absolutely perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked panamoz for a new one and they agreed straight away. Amazing service. Just glad I didn't sell it!!

I wouldn't be surprised if there is alot of post "repair" D750s with wonky AF. Your issues were identical to mine. Strange how panamoz gave me a new camera no questions for one 9 months old without batting an eyelid !

It's also the reason I won't update the firmware with such vague notes. Works perfectly now I won't allow them to balls it up again on me haha

Really? I might talk to panamoz. NPS have given me a backup in the meantime but its pretty annoying. Might get in touch with panamoz! What specifically did you say to them?

Really? I might talk to panamoz. NPS have given me a backup in the meantime but its pretty annoying. Might get in touch with panamoz! What specifically did you say to them?

I told them I sent it in for the service advisory and it came back with an AF issue unfixable with microadjust. I genuinely think there's probably a lot of repaired ones with the same issue. I just asked them is there a chance I could have a new one as I thought there could be a chance the AF being off was a side effect to whatever they done inside the camera and I didn't fancy using it in a paid work scenario. They sent the reply within minutes saying yes no problem. They shipped me the new one as soon as the old one was lifted by TNT.

I never mentioned the grip as I sorted that part out myself. They initially offered to cover the cost of the repair with Nikon. I know from experience though when a cameras AF is off you never quite trust the camera again, well I don't anyway haha

I couldn't really understand what the issue was either. The images just didn't seem sharp, wasn't too sure if it was front or back focus, or maybe something was out of alignment

What sort of AF issues are people having after the fix?

What sort of AF issues are people having after the fix?

For me, back-focusing to an extent that +20 AF micro adjustment couldn't rectify it on either of my main lenses. Both lenses tend to backfocus slightly anyway, but a +5-10 adjustment sorts it out on all our other bodies. Before the flare fix, it only needed a slight AF adjustment for both lenses.

I do have the silly issue of not trusting it now as well.

For me, back-focusing to an extent that +20 AF micro adjustment couldn't rectify it on either of my main lenses. Both lenses tend to backfocus slightly anyway, but a +5-10 adjustment sorts it out on all our other bodies. Before the flare fix, it only needed a slight AF adjustment for both lenses.

I do have the silly issue of not trusting it now as well.
I had that issue with 2 sigma 70-200mm f2.8's I tried, ie + (or is it -) 20 still not correcting front focussing, but all my Nikon lenses seem to be OK with +/- 5 IIRC. The only lens I have that doesn't need ay kind of correction is the 70-300mm, but I'm actually selling this to make room for a 150-600mm.

Trust is a weird thing, I had this with my A77. Ended up getting rid and getting the A77-II in the end :rolleyes:

With mine I noticed the problem straight away when I got it back from Nikon. The fact the rubber on the grip was coming off also p***ed me off. It was obviously a shoddy, rushed repair.

I didn't bother investigating the problem too much as I had a 2nd D750 that operated perfectly.

With mine I noticed the problem straight away when I got it back from Nikon. The fact the rubber on the grip was coming off also p***ed me off. It was obviously a shoddy, rushed repair.

I didn't bother investigating the problem too much as I had a 2nd D750 that operated perfectly.

Same here. Not only did the AF issue not get fixed when I returned it, it came back with the grip peeling off.

The annoying thing was trying to get a hold of NPS after my initial complaint about the AF. Despite getting promises from a NPS guy that he'd deal with it personally, he never emailed me as promised, and I could never get a hold of him (nor would he return my calls). In the end I just had to send it in and hope for the best, but unfortunately got the worst.

NPS impressed me in terms of how quickly they turnaround repairs, but really, what's the point if it's not done right.

Same here. Not only did the AF issue not get fixed when I returned it, it came back with the grip peeling off.

The annoying thing was trying to get a hold of NPS after my initial complaint about the AF. Despite getting promises from a NPS guy that he'd deal with it personally, he never emailed me as promised, and I could never get a hold of him (nor would he return my calls). In the end I just had to send it in and hope for the best, but unfortunately got the worst.

NPS impressed me in terms of how quickly they turnaround repairs, but really, what's the point if it's not done right.

Tell panamoz that Deci and I'd be pretty confident you will get shipped another one

Cheers Anthony, I'll give that a go.

Mention to them I had the same issue as yourself and I told you they generously exchanged mine. My names Tony, Tina should be familiar with the case as it was handled very recently.

Hope ya get sorted pal

Nothing but good things to say about Panamoz here. My D7200 had focussing issues and they took it straight back under warranty and were happy to swap it for a D750 (with appropriate extra funds of course).
Just been out this morning with the D750 and Im blown away by it! Low light focussing is superb and ISO performance is so good that I can crop my images to get them to the same size as my D7200 produces and still have less noise!

When mine came back from the supposed flare issue (I couldn't replicate it either) it looked like nothing had been done, no black dot either? If AF is out then that is a big confidence issue and since the fall it's quite apparent it's back focussing massively. All my lenses have an adjustment of +5 to +15 which is common place. Just packed it up and returning tomorrow...

Yep. Hopefully if deadlines are kept to I hope to be fully up and running well before the Xmas rush. I'll need to get a backup body and the d750 looks ideal!

It's the only thing that stops me getting a back up body, if I were shooting for money would have to have one. Hope all goes well with the new venture!

It's the only thing that stops me getting a back up body, if I were shooting for money would have to have one. Hope all goes well with the new venture!

Well all the extra shifts I've been doing have been paying for building works. Once thats done I can get the d750 with any extra shifts I do. Just the internal debate about whether to get the 24-70/24-120 nikkor with it for back up. Although I have a mid range zoom and 70-200 f2.8 together with primes, not sure if I'd need a backup. I think I'd buy from panamoz.

Well all the extra shifts I've been doing have been paying for building works. Once thats done I can get the d750 with any extra shifts I do. Just the internal debate about whether to get the 24-70/24-120 nikkor with it for back up. Although I have a mid range zoom and 70-200 f2.8 together with primes, not sure if I'd need a backup. I think I'd buy from panamoz.

Looks like you have it covered on the lens front. The 70-200 would serve as back up against 85mm; the mid-range zoom covers the 35/50 primes. If you are only thinking studio work looks perfect to me. Ideally I could just do with a 70-200 but keep hanging back waiting for someone to do a decent 135. I have found the weight a big factor in the past when I have had a 70-200 but they are so handy to have though a big luxury for little use. If I were to charge I'd need a mid range zoom for back up...... maybe one day.....

PS. I'm Panamoz all the way these days unless there's a valid reason against.

I've just picked up a d750, I'm going from a d800 and I'm looking forward to the improved AF and faster FPS. I really like that the record button can be used to change ISO, so much better than reaching across the camera. The only thing that I need to get my head around is changing the white balance. It now appears on the back screen and not the top LCD. Also it's a pain to hold the white balance button with the left hand and then scroll with the right hand. Is there a setting that changes the white balance so holds itself when you press the button making Ira one hand job?

Is changing the WB such a big thing?
Auto seems excellent these days & RAW can be adjusted anyway.
(genuine questions btw, no criticism implied)

I know what you mean about button placements Rob. Always found it awkward changing from single point to 9 when needed, while holding longer lenses. :rolleyes:

I know what you mean about button placements Rob. Always found it awkward changing from single point to 9 when needed, while holding longer lenses. :rolleyes:
Its the same on all nikons from what I remember, why they don't make changing settings a one handed job I don't know. The iso button hack is a great improvement so I won't moan too much.

Tbh I don't see how you'd get everything on the right side, something has to give. My biggest gripe is the playback button, still can't get used to it being on the left :rolleyes:

For anyone that's looking to get a D750,very.co.uk have them at £1499,but if you open a credit account with them you get a further 10% discount!
This made my mind up,£1349.10!
Ordered and expected delivery next Friday!

Last edited:
Just ordered via Panamoz bank transfer - first full frame and expecting it to be quite a step up from my D7100 - anyone who's had both - I've read the buffer should allow for many more continuous shots - can anyone confirm? The D7100 in raw seemed to manage about four or five before buffering?

Just ordered via Panamoz bank transfer - first full frame and expecting it to be quite a step up from my D7100 - anyone who's had both - I've read the buffer should allow for many more continuous shots - can anyone confirm? The D7100 in raw seemed to manage about four or five before buffering?
I have both and yes, the D750 is better in all respects including a better buffer.

Back