Nikon D750 & D780

I have a £20 Nikon one and the cable is really poor. Liked the look of how chunky that cable is, just like my old Canon one.

Can anyone recommend a L plate/bracket that isn't really expensive? I've had a sunwayfoto one before and it was good. I just can't find where to get them in the uk. I don't really want to spend mega money on a brand new kirk or RRS bracket.

Edit: I think I have found the uk supplier (CGUK) on ebay and amazon. Their ebay store has free delivery so I think I will order one soon. Link below if anyone else is interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUNWAYFOT...-Compatible-/331595533298?hash=item4d34a24bf2

There is a review of the Sunwayfoto L Bracket here with more details and photos.

http://www.scvphotoideas.com/2014/12/custom-l-bracket-for-nikon-d750-dslr.html

The sunwayfoto plate has arrived within 2 days, I would definitely recommend one if anyone is looking for one. It's good quality considering the price.

Well I've finally caved in after reading this thread for months. The D7000 is gone and the D750 with 24-120 f4 is on its way.
Ordered from Panamoz late on Monday night and it's coming tomorrow! The only bad news is the wife tells me I'm not allowed to play with it till my Birthday a week on Monday!!!!!!

Well I've finally caved in after reading this thread for months. The D7000 is gone and the D750 with 24-120 f4 is on its way.
Ordered from Panamoz late on Monday night and it's coming tomorrow! The only bad news is the wife tells me I'm not allowed to play with it till my Birthday a week on Monday!!!!!!

Must be on the same plane as mine which is also being delivered tomorrow. However I don't have to wait for mine :) :exit:

They always try and spoil the fun,i used to hide new guitars in the loft then bring it down to play when she was out :)

It is going to be a struggle waiting. Made worse by the fact I sold my D7000 earlier in the week so now have no camera for the first time in a long time!

I've not had a DSLR since 2012..... I'm going to be very rusty. Is there an Idiots Guide for the D750?!

I've not had a DSLR since 2012..... I'm going to be very rusty. Is there an Idiots Guide for the D750?!

Use it, enjoy it, change your mind about the 24-120, change it, buy something else, regret selling it, want the 24-120 back, buy another one, change mind, want f2.8... or do you? want primes, or do you?

oh... thats just me lol

To be honest, there are more buttons and more in depth settings, but the basics have not really changed since my D40 days.

Just go out and use it and fiddle about with the controls. If you get stuck help is always avaliable on here or google.

Wash your mouth out. Microsoft?!?!

Low light ability and af can't be "painted" though

lol - as if I was being serious about Paint lol

Luckily my wife didnt even notice how my D600 transformed in to a D750. Mainly because she cares more for the pictures she gets out of it, not the look of the camera!

It ain't just you... :whistle:

I think if I had the money I would have an entire room full of lenses! If you get a moment could you check out my Tamron 28-75 thread and see how badly it compares to your 24-70 lol

lol - as if I was being serious about Paint lol

Luckily my wife didnt even notice how my D600 transformed in to a D750. Mainly because she cares more for the pictures she gets out of it, not the look of the camera!

I know....I was being slightly sarcastic in return!!

I'll tell SWMBO when it's ordered anyway!

We should just start a new site tbh, most popular camera on here by a distance...

TalkD750.co.uk :D

First clear ish night since I got my D750 so I went out to try it in the dark and noticed a couple of issues. @minnnt I saw your post about a cheap eBay wired remote and I have a similar one but on this camera if I review a shot and zoom in or change any settings the remote will not fire the camera again without unplugging it and turning the camera on and off. It will fire repeatedly if I don't change any settings or zoom in on playback. This never happened on the D7000/71000.
Also zooming in on a star in live view exposure preview there is so much noise visible on the display that you can hardly make out the star. No noise showed on the d7000 when zoomed in or on the d7100 but that camera didn't have liveview exposure preview which was annoying. Are these two issues a problem with my camera or are any of you people experiencing the same issues?

First clear ish night since I got my D750 so I went out to try it in the dark and noticed a couple of issues. @minnnt I saw your post about a cheap eBay wired remote and I have a similar one but on this camera if I review a shot and zoom in or change any settings the remote will not fire the camera again without unplugging it and turning the camera on and off. It will fire repeatedly if I don't change any settings or zoom in on playback. This never happened on the D7000/71000.
Also zooming in on a star in live view exposure preview there is so much noise visible on the display that you can hardly make out the star. No noise showed on the d7000 when zoomed in or on the d7100 but that camera didn't have liveview exposure preview which was annoying. Are these two issues a problem with my camera or are any of you people experiencing the same issues?

liveview exposure preview - this is likely the answer to the noise seen

Reactions: JYC
How much bigger/heavier is the Tamron 24-70 compared to Nikon 24-120? anyone had both?

i did some long exposure stuff in paris last week. I had the exact same problem with the remote :( i also had to turn off to get it to work again. I took my GF for her birthday so in the interest of partner i turned of long exposure NR. the sheer number of hot pixels in the shot incredible. exposures between 30 and 65 seconds. easily 250+ - granted i haven't got a lot of experience in this area but my 750 is only a month old with 2.5k shots... should i be concerned?

i did some long exposure stuff in paris last week. I had the exact same problem with the remote :( i also had to turn off to get it to work again. I took my GF for her birthday so in the interest of partner i turned of long exposure NR. the sheer number of hot pixels in the shot incredible. exposures between 30 and 65 seconds. easily 250+ - granted i haven't got a lot of experience in this area but my 750 is only a month old with 2.5k shots... should i be concerned?

No. Turn LENR back on.

How much bigger/heavier is the Tamron 24-70 compared to Nikon 24-120? anyone had both?

I believe @chrism_scotland has had both. When I looked at buying my last D750 and lens they are close-ish in weight and size. The Tamron is 825gms and the Nikon is 710gms. I should have taken Garys advice and probably gone for the 24-85mm VR which is 465gms, which maybe a consideration if weight is an issue. The new model seems a very good lens over the older one.

Back