Nikon D750 & D780

Looking good, but to hot on the neck of the bottles for me but with one flash you've done ok!
Thanks. Re-edted the 5 bottle shot to reduce the light on the neck, and get rid of a few reflections. Will get around to the single bottle at some point this weekend and edit the post when done ;)

David, what do you want to shoot with the 58? Most of your shots seems like you are into action, landscape, portrait and wedding or event type photography. The 24-70 and 85 pretty much covers most of your work. In your position I'd possibly look at one wider than 24 mm zoom or prime for landscape work and perhaps a 35 1.4 or 1.8 or a 135 f2 dc.

Two "Cracking" sets m8 @minnnt , do you "REALLY" need a 58mm ? You seem to be doin' pretty good with your present kit.(y)

George.

Some will know I've been trying to get my head around 'product' lighting, and thought I'd jump in at the deep end with nice reflective glass bottles (y). Doubly tricky in that I only have one speedlight and one softbox so in order to get light from both sides I have to take two shots and stitch them in photoshop. As I don't have a reflector or anything like I had to light the front of the bottle using the pop up flash diffused with kitchen roll :LOL:

Anyway far from perfect, just a bit of fun ;)

Henderson's Bottles
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Strong and Northern
by TDG-77, on Flickr
Really like this. I have two flashes, but I hardly use the second one. This should inspire me.

Here's one with the 70-200 F4 - my least used lens. Fantastic glass, but I don't use this.

Ashmi
by Anirban Acharya, on Flickr

Considered selling it? :D
Several times actually when it is sat on my Camera gear shelf. However, when I see the pics I have taken with I feel like wow and think of keeping it.

I am not a telephoto guy and my max used focal lengths are between 24-85 at this moment using the 24-85 VR for general stuff and 85 for portraits. But this one can compress the view so much better ins certain scenarios including portraits.
I might sell it to fund a wider low light fast zooms like the Sigma or Tamron.

Really like this. I have two flashes, but I hardly use the second one. This should inspire me.
Thanks. I like trying new things, just trying to understand lighting.

Nice to see Jimmy still competing. Shame Colin isn't here any longer. What a star he was! :(

Anirban, i can't say i blame you tbh mate. It looks like a great lens!
Missed the naming of the photos, didn't realise it was actually Jimmy driving, even cooler :cool:

Yes, life can be cruel :(

Last edited:
Absolutely love these. Inspired me to go to a Rally! My 300 f4 arrives at Calumet on Monday or Tuesday from Nikon. I'm hoping they post it same day.

Great, great set. I'd be happy with these.

The best of British - Chris Meeke:

Wales RallyGB 2015 - Gartheiniog
by David Raynham, on Flickr

The Champ (again!) - Sebastian Ogier:

Mr. McRae:

The Filth:

The Filth

Thought it was known as the Chevrolet Firenza CanAm in South Africa, but Vauxhall Firenza CanAm in the UK (and Opel in Europe) but looks like I was wrong ;)

The CanAm version, with the 302 cu in (5 litre) V8 was only built in south africa, only 100 were made to homologate them for racing and rallying.

For those who have spot tuned their lenses if you've done a zoom lens did you do it at it's widest end ? Or ?

Cool. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the lens. Hopefully going to do a few of the BRC events next year.

Really excited about buying the 300/4. Hoping it won't disappoint. All my lenses are between ƒ/1.4 and ƒ/2.8 so hoping I won't be upset at ƒ/4! I was in London last Tuesday and had a very brief look at one in Grays of Westminster. It felt light and very compact! I am hoping it'll be great match for my D750.

Yes, you are. I think it's a little earlier next year. We're planning on doing all 3 days and perhaps shakedown too. Should be an epic experience. Not sure which lens to get with regards to a longer focal length.
We are going to be doing a safari in 2017 so I'll need to buy a longer lens for that.

Actually, thinking about it, I wouldn't even know what lens/es to take to a WRC. I'm not massively into zooms and own two - with no plans to buy any more. The 300 will be my longest reach lens, followed by my 70-200. I guess if I need more than 300 then it'll be a 400 or 500 prime. Probably a 500 thinking about it. I'm on the hunt for a 200 ƒ/2 and it'll probably daft to own the 200/300/400. I reckon it'll be 200/300/500 just for a bit of space between lenses at the long end.

Well i made do with a 24-70 on FX and an 85mm on DX. :LOL:

Surprisingly enough, my favourite pics were from my D7k and 85. :LOL:

If Nikon got their game together and made a 135mm F1.8/F2 then I'd be all over it.

All depends on your style of shooting though. I know some people like to use a 150-600 but I'm not into filling the frame with a car.

I might stick with the 85 but upgrade to the D7200 which should offer a little more cropability over my D7k files.

That's good to know, thanks David. So I'm thinking my 70-200 on one camera and maybe a short telephoto on another. I'd love Nikon to make a 135/2 as well...I reckon Sigma might beat them to it though with an ART. I can't believe only a few months ago I thought my lens buying was complete. Amature!

The 24-70 is my other zoom!
I'm not a frame filler so the two zooms may do me!

I have just been looking at this years tickets for the WRC. I need to do some research on the stages as I'm paranoid I'd buy tickets for the wrong event/bit of the WRC!

I don't know why I thought I was done with lenses!!!!!! I can't explain it!

Back