Nikon D750 & D780

Going to try the camera out with some landscape at the weekend :)

Have fun! We're off to Great Yarmouth for the weekend so I'm gonna go with the two Siggy's. Really enjoying them atm.

Bare bulb,there are times when I can't get the shot I'm after as the speedlights lack the power!

Yeah i know what you mean. They seem to be quite popular and very portable.

Here's another from last night. I was going with a shot in mind but alas, this was not it. :LOL:

Bamford Edge
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Nice. It's a lens that I've been considering but the 70-200 would have to go.

200mm starting point was waaaay too long at Goodwood, need both!

Had a go at slow shutter speed panning last night, best I could do was 1/25 and even then keeper rate was low. Subjects were only about 10ft away though which added to the difficulty, reckon I can do better with a greater subject distance as panning would be slower. Not sure I could get down to 1/8 though ;)

DSC_3317
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_3146
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Few more from the race. For the last half hour or so it was in the golden hour and the light was really nice.
[
url=https://flic.kr/p/HxVbES]DSC_2968[/URL] by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_2994
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_3495
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_3366
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Thanks, much appreciated.

How are the cars supposed to get passed? That is a serious problem with these gentleman in tights.
Lol :LOL:

TBH a farmer took umbrage and charged his tractor and trailer up the road in the opposite direction blocking the whole road :eek: Fortunately there's pace/safety cars front and back. Race had to be stopped for a while though :(

He should have been in a better mood. Apparently they all voted Leave ;)
Race was before the voting finished last night, maybe he was using force to get them to vote leave ;)

Good stuff Toby. Close panning is hard although you had the right focal length to make it as easy as you could. Perhaps the 18-35 would have been a better choice for the ultra slow stuff.

Like the shots, very vibrant. I see you've adopted the 'angle' that motorsport togs use. :D

Good stuff Toby. Close panning is hard although you had the right focal length to make it as easy as you could. Perhaps the 18-35 would have been a better choice for the ultra slow stuff.

Like the shots, very vibrant. I see you've adopted the 'angle' that motorsport togs use. :D
Thanks David. Yeah I was too close for the 70-200mm as I was less than the width of a narrow country lane away. I do tend to angle my sports shots, just prefer them that way sometimes ;)

As for the vibrancy, was a combination of great light (in the latter half of the evening) and using the camera standard profile in LR rather than my usual adobe standard camera profile. Virtually no PP needed with camera standard, really contrasty and well saturated.

Had a go at slow shutter speed panning last night, best I could do was 1/25 and even then keeper rate was low. Subjects were only about 10ft away though which added to the difficulty, reckon I can do better with a greater subject distance as panning would be slower. Not sure I could get down to 1/8 though ;)

DSC_3317
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_3146
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Few more from the race. For the last half hour or so it was in the golden hour and the light was really nice.
[
url=https://flic.kr/p/HxVbES]DSC_2968[/URL] by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_2994
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_3495
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_3366
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Great set of images Toby, liking all of these very much with #3 probably being my pick of the batch. "Nice bit of work".(y)

George.

TBH a farmer took umbrage and charged his tractor and trailer up the road in the opposite direction blocking the whole road :eek: Fortunately there's pace/safety cars front and back. Race had to be stopped for a while though :(

Pity he didn't have a muckspreader in action. :D

Great shots Toby

Lens looking ok, though needed +15 MA this morning. Messing around in PS so excuse the marmite processing.

img

Superb Kris, which lens? Her eyes are awesome.

:)

Thanks fellas. I wasn't really expecting too much from the 24-70 in regards to rendering but quite happy with it from initial few shots.

I like this shot purely because she doesn't like being on her front so quite rare and it was very much a quick grab shot. Think it looks a little too blue now in the midtones, should have let my eyes adjust before posting.

Village rose queen day today. Not as much going on as usual. Might post a few more later. Got some chickens to look at now. :)

28-300 FWIW

Apologies if I'm a bit behind the times - have had to have a few months break from photography nut in case it helps anyone: I had had an "ERR" message twice on my grey out of warranty D750 - the first time it sort of cleared itself [but randomly after a while left alone as changing batteries/lenses etc didn't do it]. So I bit the bullet and sent it to Nikon with a pre-authorisation for repairs up to £250 and was very please to find it had had a new shutter unit and a complete service all free of charge. I hadn't spotted that the shutter issues affected later cameras and certainly didn't realise the "ERR" could point to the issue.

Apologies if I'm a bit behind the times - have had to have a few months break from photography nut in case it helps anyone: I had had an "ERR" message twice on my grey out of warranty D750 - the first time it sort of cleared itself [but randomly after a while left alone as changing batteries/lenses etc didn't do it]. So I bit the bullet and sent it to Nikon with a pre-authorisation for repairs up to £250 and was very please to find it had had a new shutter unit and a complete service all free of charge. I hadn't spotted that the shutter issues affected later cameras and certainly didn't realise the "ERR" could point to the issue.

Great to hear that Nikon stepped up to the plate. Good result.

I'm hopping they will be so kind with mine. When I send it in as it has the shutter issue but it's killed the shutter. The seller didn't transfer the warranty, though that was part of the sale and seems to dragging it out and even not replying now.. if they don't I've got a nice set of 5 paper weights as I don't have the money to repair it and panamoz won't do anything without the order no. Either :(

@pmac Send it in. Does the serial number fit the criteria for fixing. Pretty sure Nikon will play ball if it does.
Go for it.

Had my first real go at baby portrait photography yesterday, christ that ain't easy. What with the tantrums, wriggling, realising AF on a macro lens isn't quick enough to keep up with a wriggling baby, feeding every 20 mins, and only having one light source I'm lucky to get any shots at all :LOL:

Anyone here shot with a Tokina 100mm f/2.8 AT-X PRO D for portraits?

Had my first real go at baby portrait photography yesterday, christ that ain't easy. What with the tantrums, wriggling, realising AF on a macro lens isn't quick enough to keep up with a wriggling baby, feeding every 20 mins, and only having one light source I'm lucky to get any shots at all :LOL:

How old was the baby Toby? I found ours a bit of an ordeal, took all bloody day ha. I was new to fatherhood, she wouldn't settle, and I struggled to put her in the poses I wanted. If I were to do it again (highly unlikely) I think I'd be much more confident handling a newborn. The photography part was the easy bit. I got a few that I was happy with and that's all I was after.

Back