Nikon D7xxx owners thread

What improvements does the 7200 have over the 7000?
Is it a worthwhile upgrade?

A couple of things for me Bob, there's a slight improvement in noise at higher ISO, being able to allocate the record button on top to ISO (that was a big plus for me), low light tracking was better, could crop tighter and still keep decent IQ (y)

A couple of things for me Bob, there's a slight improvement in noise at higher ISO, being able to allocate the record button on top to ISO (that was a big plus for me), low light tracking was better, could crop tighter and still keep decent IQ (y)
Ok, cheers.
I do like my 7000, and would love a d500 but it's a bit out of my reach at the moment. The 7200 might be a good stepping stone to the 500 :)

got my D7200 :)
now going to need to buy some new sd cards tomorrow
any recommendations on what write speed to get please

bought some 32gb sandisk extremes plus ultras 60 mb/s write speed from currys on offer 2 for £27 ish

Too late now, but I've always found the 95 mb/s cards work fine - sure the 60 will too.

well been out today and think the sigma 150-600 is front focusing on it so going to have a little play with the settings on the sigma and my tripod

My D7000 got wet a while back and although it works perfectly, I am unable to view the images on the back of the camera; I'm in Northamptonshire and would like a repair somewhere nearby, any ideas?

Dropped mine in a river, works perfectly. I was more worried about the 1,000 holiday snaps of places we'd never visit again.

I have no idea what the problem might be, it was stored in my camera bag in the cupboard where the boiler is and the filter of the boiler sprung a leak and a fine mist of water over several days managed to leave me with this problem.

What was "wrong" with the d750 ?

Buying the newest, latest and greatest equipment does not mean that the results will follow in the same manner.
Yes the D750 is streets better than than the D7000 but my photography skills remained the same. I need to start to learn from the beginning again and improve my technique etc. It's been another "expensive life lesson" but one that I have now learned never the less.

I'm absolutely amazed how well the 7000 price has near stayed the same for several years. I bought one for 300 many years ago and still not far off that

what are your opinions on the D7000's high ISO performance?

Well considering how similar it scores to a d7200 in a dxomark test, its much better than people who buy the newer cameras would like to admit.

1,333 ISO vs 1,167 ISO

Seem to be a flurry of d7000 cropping up in the classified forums, but I can't see any selling. Not sure why that is?

I need to sell mine and 18-105 lens kit, plus another couple of different lenses (sigma 105 f2.8 macro and Nikon 35mm f1.8) but should I just take the mpb money and run rather than trying to sell here?

Seem to be a flurry of d7000 cropping up in the classified forums, but I can't see any selling. Not sure why that is?

I need to sell mine and 18-105 lens kit, plus another couple of different lenses (sigma 105 f2.8 macro and Nikon 35mm f1.8) but should I just take the mpb money and run rather than trying to sell here?

Still a great camera!
I shot mine last night on a walk.
Think most are looking for the latest gear,especially on here as most here tend to be enthusiasts!
Think I'm just going to hang on to mine and use when I don't want to carry the D750/D610 and FX lenses!

MPB wont give you £100 for it. But if you`re not lazy then wait for ebay to have a £1 selling fee weekend and it will go for £240+ give or take. I paid £200 for one with a broken flash

I got mine from mbp for 270 a few months ago. Not exactly a bargain, but I would imagine 220-240 is very doable in the 2nd hand market

I have just converted my D7000 to 590nm infrared so it will be getting much more use from now on.

Much more complicated dissasembly than my old d80.

OK confession time, I've been stupid.
I upgraded my D7000 to the D7200 and love it. I also upgraded my 18-135mm to a 18-140VR, bought in the classifieds here, loved that too.
I decided to put the 18-135 on ebay and it sold while I was at work, on getting home I had little time to pack it up and get to the post office so the buyer could receive it next day but rushed about and managed it just in time. I was quite please with myself until later that evening I realised I had sent the 18-140mm in error. I contacted the buyer immediately and asked him to return it at my expense and I would also compensate him for his time, I said I would also obviously send the 18-135 that I should have sent in the first place.
At first he seamed genuine and said of course, no problem. Now, after he has received it there is no response and no sign of me getting the lens back.
Another lesson learned, and it's the last time I'll post anything without checking, double and triple checking what I'm doing.
Now on the lookout for another 18-140mm VR.... DOH!!!

Is it not worth your while going to his house, also you presumably paid by PayPal so couldn't you get in touch with them and get a refund, surely you must have protection from them.

Is it not worth your while going to his house, also you presumably paid by PayPal so couldn't you get in touch with them and get a refund, surely you must have protection from them.
He sold the wrong lens, don’t think PayPal can force someone to send something back?

Back