Nikon D7xxx owners thread

Looking to buy a D7k as well, but I can't decide wether to buy now or wait! I'd like to spend around £600 but I don't know if we'll be seeing any sales etc in the new year.

Anyone who bought one recently have any recommendations as to where to purchase...? :)

You can get one now for £630 see this http://www.camerapricebuster.com/Nikon_D7000_Body_pc.html

For an extra £9 you can get 1 from Jessops so you have a shop to return it too if needed!(y)

Most sales have already started and to be fair they only normally discount stuff they can't shift!

Looking to buy a D7k as well, but I can't decide wether to buy now or wait! I'd like to spend around £600 but I don't know if we'll be seeing any sales etc in the new year.

Anyone who bought one recently have any recommendations as to where to purchase...? :)

Mine came from Panamoz, £525 ish after 5% discount.

Mine was 639 from Jessops, though also get a 2nd battery on top.

If you wait to the new year it *might* be being replaced Q1 some time, though almost certainly in 2013. Though thoughts are it will be a blend of D7000 and D300s lines to form a D400 or similar. This will not cost £640 however, hence why I broke the lenses before body rule as I don't want or need to spend £1200+ on a body.

I bought a D7000 second hand about 6 weeks ago. I was a D80 owner before that.

What with work I've only really had a chance to use it in the last week or so and I'm very pleased. Better viewfinder, more AF points, better screen, better build.

I also have a Meike grip with it which came from the seller, very pleased with that also and would strongly recommend one to anyone thinking of buying the official MB-D11 grip.

I had a second battery in the grip for my D80 but I never used more than one so I have not bothered to get one for the D7000.

Just ordered a new 35m 1.8g lens for my d7k today :)

I had been hoping to get a good price on a second hand one but can't still understand why they are going for so much, between about 110 and 120

New price from amazon is 144 minus the current 20 cashback makes 124 - I also had an amazon 25 quid voucher for Christmas so it was a no-brainer really :)

I had been hoping to get a good price on a second hand one but can't still understand why they are going for so much, between about 110 and 120

New price from amazon is 144 minus the current 20 cashback makes 124 - I also had an amazon 25 quid voucher for Christmas so it was a no-brainer really :)

Done the same myself recently and I hardly take it off the camera.

siblingchris said:

It's a cracking lens, bought mine about 9months ago and it's generally now my main lens.

And apparently it will be here tomorrow :)
Will be impressed with amazon if that's really the case!

I ordered a grip over Christmas through Amazon. I got notified today that it's been dispatched.

Sadly I think it's being delivered by horse and cart as the expected delivery date to my door isn't until January 25th.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Mine came from Panamoz, £525 ish after 5% discount.

I had looked at Panamoz, but the lack of a Nikon warranty pretty much put me off. Shame too, cause they have such good prices!!

I'll keep looking for a little longer (my impatience knows no bounds, i'll end up buying it next week, lol). Used ones seem to still be going for £450-£500, don't really see the point.

And yeah, even if it is replaced in Q1, I won't be buying a £1000+ body, i'd rather spend it on new glass!

Bilko said:
I ordered a grip over Christmas through Amazon. I got notified today that it's been dispatched.

Sadly I think it's being delivered by horse and cart as the expected delivery date to my door isn't until January 25th.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

From HK perhaps?
When I ordered the lens I also added one of those hotshoe spirit levels for a couple of quid, that date is 25th Jan and it wasn't until I looked more closely that I realised despite the seller being called something-or-otherUK they were actually a HK company :(

From HK perhaps?
When I ordered the lens I also added one of those hotshoe spirit levels for a couple of quid, that date is 25th Jan and it wasn't until I looked more closely that I realised despite the seller being called something-or-otherUK they were actually a HK company :(

A lot of so called UK ebay sellers also sell via Amazon!:shrug:

Yeah I hadn't really spotted that...you would have thought amazon would be stricter than eBay on it tbh
I won't buy anything on amazon unless it's amazon themselves selling it. Not even fulfilled by. Been bitten 1 too many times. At least on eBay I know what I am getting my self into: a 4 week wait, so far. My record is 8 weeks.

Does anyone know if they are even close to that price in store?

you can order online to collect in store :D

But to answer your question, no, not in my experience...I've had some daft experiences with them along those lines...Get the advice, they wouldn't sell me at the price, so I walk outside get my iphone out, order it on there and then walk in again with the order reference.....:thinking:

But to answer your question, no, not in my experience...I've had some daft experiences with them along those lines...Get the advice, they wouldn't sell me at the price, so I walk outside get my iphone out, order it on there and then walk in again with the order reference.....:thinking:

Glad to see I'm not the only person that does this. Standard operating procedure for both Jessops and PCWorld.

Well I can see why they do it, but if when directly asked they are not willing to budge then I play silly games as well....

PCWorld have been good that way actually...I've even been able to negotiate some money off without referring to web prices...

when I enquired about the grip at Bluewater they said they would match the web price now but I ended up ordering the Hahnel grip and then collecting from the store(using my Tesco vouchers)

I've done that many times before as I also had some discount codes that saved me I think £55 on one purchase of a couple of lenses. The guy in the store couldn't believe how little I was paying for the pair as they were already cheaper on the web than they were in store.

However in this instance I have £90 of Jessops vouchers as supplied by Tesco. Now the vouchers say you can't use them online, but I don't know if that means I also can't reserve and collect and then use them to pay in store.

The 35mm should be mine by 2013 hopefully.

Last edited:
You can reserve online or order stock in store with the tesco vouchers
But they don't allow you to have the item at Internet only price but i didn't have a problem when I ordered my 35 1.8 hope this helps

I went in today and bought a Lowepro nova 200 bag which was reduced from £75 to £50 and. paid using my Tesco vouchers so really got. good deal :)

Following the fabulous advice that I was given on here last month, my Nikon 70-200 mm f2.8 lens should be here tomorrow. :clap:

Now I have to face a terrible fear: what if, with a fabulous lens and a good camera, my photographs are still rubbish?! :bat:

Following the excellent advice given to me in this thread I have advertised my D7000 stuff separately in the Nikon classifieds. Thanks for the advice.

Persephone said:
Following the fabulous advice that I was given on here last month, my Nikon 70-200 mm f2.8 lens should be here tomorrow. :clap:

Now I have to face a terrible fear: what if, with a fabulous lens and a good camera, my photographs are still rubbish?! :bat:

That combination should show up just about every single flaw in shooting technique:)
Should be good though - enjoy it

LOL It does, but it is good as the sooner you get over that you get nice pictures again...

There's always aperture/photoshop ;)

Or give it away to charity... me being the charity :)

Oh dear! I'm afraid that given that the lens was funded by a flipping overdraft, that probably won't be happening. ;)

Nervous now. It should be here before 1pm tomorrow, so I have a day to master it before photographing a pug agility meet. :LOL: Who wants to come to London and teach me?!

I've had my D7k for 5 months & I'm thinking too many of my pictures are 'soft' so looking to getting it calibrated.
Is Nikon easy to deal with - dont want to lose my camera for very long?

Diving Pete said:
I've had my D7k for 5 months & I'm thinking too many of my pictures are 'soft' so looking to getting it calibrated.

Yep dead easy to deal with. They pay postage both ways too. Had mine back within a week and all good:)

I had a problem with mine twice and apparently it's a common fault with the af system.

My images we're soft even with a 50mm @ f4 and stupidly fast shutter speeds on a static subject.

Sent it back twice before demanding a new one.

siblingchris said:
And apparently it will be here tomorrow :)
Will be impressed with amazon if that's really the case!

Well it came, ordered Boxing Day and arrived today, impressed
Not really taken any photos yet, just had chance to attach it and that's it
I did have a panic that it was faulty at first as it would not focus....but it was thankfully my fault for not clicking it into place properly! :)

I'll be blunt - this camera has been driving me up the wall for a couple of months due to soft images. I'm using a mixture of 60mm F2.8, 80-200mm F2.8, & the 18-70 kit lens..
Thanks for the help - does it matter what lens I send back with it ?

I'll be blunt - this camera has been driving me up the wall for a couple of months due to soft images. I'm using a mixture of 60mm F2.8, 80-200mm F2.8, & the 18-70 kit lens..
Thanks for the help - does it matter what lens I send back with it ?

I sent mine back as body only. My Nikon 24-70 was set to -17 on the focus adjust before I sent it back and now its on -1 and produces much better images.
I thought -17 was a bit excessive for a new camera and a pro grade lens. Much happier with it now.
They also did a few other bits to it as well while they had it.
Personally I can't fault the service they gave me. They restored my confidence in the camera as I was beginning to lose faith in it too(y)

I had 2 new d7000 bodies both had af issues sent both back for a refund, i find it shocking that nikon sent out these camera with what is a factory defect? Why the hell should people send these cameras back to nikon for probably a few weeks while they fix a problem that shouldnt be there in the first place! Anyway rant over bought a sony in the end and iam now happy with a camera that works. :)

I have my D7000 kit for sale in the classifieds but there is little, or no, interest. Is the D7000 not very popular any more?

I have been away for a while and haven't kept up with the world of cameras. Maybe there are better models out there but I have admired the sheer quality of the images produced by this camera.

theoldman said:
I have my D7000 kit for sale in the classifieds but there is little, or no, interest. Is the D7000 not very popular any more?

I have been away for a while and haven't kept up with the world of cameras. Maybe there are better models out there but I have admired the sheer quality of the images produced by this camera.

I would say it is the price. Unfortunately you can buy a brand new body on grey import for £20 more. I know what I would do, a used two owners d7000 without warranty or a grey import brand new for £20 more.

It's annoying but the value has dropped considerably. But yes I agree it is a fantastic if not the best DX camera out there.

Back