Nikon D7xxx owners thread

I get that noticably on my 55-300, I think it's the VR kicking in, rather than the camera. Could turn it off and find out for sure I guess.

I am having similar trouble, but then my last camera was tiny in comparison is am hoping it goes away as I get more used to holding it

Having said that it feels good in my hand, just tricky holding still!

Depends how you hold the camera I don't suffer any problems with my D7000 but I hold right hand on the grip and left hand under the lens supporting it near the end (zoom ring area) with thumb and forefinger.

Bit like below (not my pic one I found on Google as an example)
http://www.nikonian.SPAM/img/protips/handlingcamera/frontalview.JPG

Depends how you hold the camera I don't suffer any problems with my D7000 but I hold right hand on the grip and left hand under the lens supporting it near the end (zoom ring area) with thumb and forefinger.

Is there any other way :D

If you get the camera kickback, itisn't more a reaction to a heavy handed press of the shutter buttom opposed to a camera being too heavy?

Perhaps try and put it in multi-shot mode in high speed and see if that works any better...Failing that in quiet mode...

I ordered my new D7000 today, changing from a D5100. Should hopefully be here by the weekend. Its beginning to feel a lot like christmas!

I ordered my new D7000 today, changing from a D5100. Should hopefully be here by the weekend. Its beginning to feel a lot like christmas!

Guess what...it nearly is christmas :welcome:

Is it just me or does anyone elses D7000 go flying up when the shutter has been pressed?!? I know it is a stupid question but I am really questioning whether the camera is too heavy for me. I really struggle to hold the camera still when shooting, especially for a long time. I have started to interlock my fingers around the bottom of the lens to try and add some stability. Am I doing anything obviously wrong or is there any addition stability clause in the camera? I especially notice when shooting with 55-200mm VR and Tamron 17-50mm. Thanks, Sarah

You're probably pressing the shutter button too hard, which will make the camera rotate in your hands. It only needs a brush to go off, and you don't need to push the button all the way to get it to fire.

As well as this, instead of wrapping the strap around your arm, extend it to your elbow to give extra stability

I am selling my mint D7000 with MB-10 and 18-200 VRII to buy a Leica lens. Do you think I should sell separately or as a kit? I only want a grand for the lot but would I get more separately?

I'm feeling lonely as no-one replied to this. Maybe nobody knows the answer, or they do, and they don't want to tell me. Why wouldn't they tell me?

The voices.........

theoldman said:
I am selling my mint D7000 with MB-10 and 18-200 VRII to buy a Leica lens. Do you think I should sell separately or as a kit? I only want a grand for the lot but would I get more separately?

Separately, I mean why would anyone buy a d7000 and get a mbd10 grip which is for a different camera :p

I think you'll get more separately.

theoldman said:
Oops. It is the MB D11. I shouldn't be let out. Maybe it's not so early dementia.

Phew :) still would sell it separately :)

Thanks. I'll prolly bung it up here. There must be loads of people wanting a top class condition low used D7000 with those extra bits.

I'm in a similar situation to theoldman, and I'm thinking of getting rid of my D7000/grip, and my last 3 DX lenses.
The problem with selling separately is if part of the kit sells, and you are left with other bits which will be of no use.

I'm pretty certain people will always be interested in the excellent build quality Nikon grip. I love mine only regret is that I didn't get it earlier.

With the lenses I guess it really depends on which lenses they are. Some are desirable others aren't. But if it was originally a kit, I'd sell it as a kit as well.

Well the lenses are a 12-24 nikkor zoom, the 35mm f1.8 AFS-G and an old but excellent 18-70 which I've had for ages. I might stick it in the classifieds and see if there is any interest.

All good :) The 18-70 is especially a gem, I had it as a kit lens with my old D70 and still use it with the D7000. It shines, a bit slow, but the d7000 iso performance makes up for it and it is quality built and glass otherwise...

Now you've said that you may well be right. I also bought the D70 kit so that could be its origin. Thanks for clearing that one up for me.

LOL Looks like you've had the full 7 series then :p

Yep, just can't make my mind up whether to go 600 or 800 now.

The 18-70 is probably what I'm replacing my 18-55 mk1 with now I have a D7000. Everything else is either too expensive right now or not actually that much better.

If I really need VR then the wife has the 18-55 VR I can use.

Couldn't afford a nikon 24-70 so got above - quite like the result in terms of IQ - a lot cheaper option

anousfly.jpg

any comment c & C welcome

This is my first time on the site so if I have made any mistakes please forgive, I have just got a D7000 as my first Dslr camera and to say i am impressed is an understatement, before this i had a p6000 which i used with my swarovski 80 hd spotting scope but i then found out that it wasn't easy to get pictures of birds in flight; the p6000 is a good little camera on and off the scope and one thing that surprised me with it is that it has user 1/2 like the d7000 for settings.

I have had the D7000 now for a week and its already showing me the diffences compared to the p6000, when i got the d7000 i got the nikon 50mm 1.4g lence with it and the 55/300mm both have VR; i took a few photographs of my grandaughter just lifting it up without trying to set anything up and with the 50mm on.

When we veiwed the images on the computer i like the rest of the family were really blown away with the results, she stands out really well and the background is blown right out fantastic; it looks has if someone who knows what their doing took it so pretty pleased.

If anyone knows and can help me whats a good lens for taking pictures in churches or other buildings that show alot of detail.
regards mike

snapperjack said:
This is my first time on the site so if I have made any mistakes please forgive, I have just got a D7000 as my first Dslr camera and to say i am impressed is an understatement, before this i had a p6000 which i used with my swarovski 80 hd spotting scope but i then found out that it wasn't easy to get pictures of birds in flight; the p6000 is a good little camera on and off the scope and one thing that surprised me with it is that it has user 1/2 like the d7000 for settings.

I have had the D7000 now for a week and its already showing me the diffences compared to the p6000, when i got the d7000 i got the nikon 50mm 1.4g lence with it and the 55/300mm both have VR; i took a few photographs of my grandaughter just lifting it up without trying to set anything up and with the 50mm on.

When we veiwed the images on the computer i like the rest of the family were really blown away with the results, she stands out really well and the background is blown right out fantastic; it looks has if someone who knows what their doing took it so pretty pleased.

If anyone knows and can help me whats a good lens for taking pictures in churches or other buildings that show alot of detail.
regards mike

Could try the Sigma 10-20mm f3.5, I got one earlier this year for £450 but its a good investment.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002D2VSD6/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1356288844&sr=8-4&pi=SL75

I got my new D7000 a week ago today and really pleased with it so far. Had a D5100 for 18 months before that so loving the extra control buttons on the back as opposed to having to look through menus. The focus system seems so muaI better too though in the mountains last week I was having trouble getting it to focus at times due to the low contrast will keep practicing! I think.

Just took the plunge and ordered myself a D7k as a Christmas present.

This has been a long awaited upgrade to my D3100. I cannot wait!

Welcome both :) you'll enjoy it :)

Opened my D7000 yesterday. Spent more time digging through the menus to far trying to understand them, will get it out in the wild soon. Currently waiting for the 2nd battery to charge up.

Opened my D7000 yesterday. Spent more time digging through the menus to far trying to understand them, will get it out in the wild soon. Currently waiting for the 2nd battery to charge up.

It will be a while before you need that 2nd battery, the charge lasts for many shots ;)

Looking to buy a D7k as well, but I can't decide wether to buy now or wait! I'd like to spend around £600 but I don't know if we'll be seeing any sales etc in the new year.

Anyone who bought one recently have any recommendations as to where to purchase...? :)

Back