Nikon D800......

Like the side car shot Peter although i think it's improved by croping to the top of the tyre wall as the peoples feet are distracting.
Should I try crop to top of the black wall, and crop the bottom also so it looks symmetrical? It'll make the overall image very thin and wide....

Should I try crop to top of the black wall, and crop the bottom also so it looks symmetrical? It'll make the overall image very thin and wide....

Personally would crop to the top of the black wall, but wouldn't crop any more off the bottom. In fact if you have already cropped the bottom? I would see what its like with more added to the bottom.

In my humble opinion I'd just go to the top of the black wall. Although if you have the available space in the foreground I'd go for a little more space on the bottom left. Just have a play mate, could find something new.

Thanks guys, I'll have a play later with that. I've around 1100 images still to sort out, many unusable but I'd guess many to choose from which are goers...
There was a small bit cropped off the bottom on the sidecar image.

Agreed, that's one for the wall Pete [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I haven't posted a bird photo for a few pages. Liked this one of a juvenile Magpie who didn't have a care for seeing me or the dog, it's parents flew off instantly after seeing us. The little git was after our strawberries which haven't ripened yet:D

Used the Sigma 150-600mmm contemporary lens, pleased with it so far, for the focal length versus cost. Photo also taken through door glass.

Magpie youngster, looked a right little bruiser :) by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Last edited:
Realised last night whilst walking back from dinner we could see the milky way with our naked eye. I grabbed the camera and took a few snaps and had my first real go at editing a milky way shot. I have no idea how to stitch multiple rows of panoramas together so you have no foreground perspective but I like it.

Night sky by Dave Woodyatt, on Flickr

Thought I was due to upload a couple of pics different from my bird pics.

Tried a couple of sea / landscapes with the 70-300mm lens, which had the 1.4TC on, Doh!............will try and remember to remove it next time:eek:

Ogmore Estuary where it reaches the sea with Porthcawl in the back ground on first. Winding estuary of the second. Midday, so had move the sliders around to try and get some detail in the sky.

Porthcawl in background, Ogmore Estuary in foreground. by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Ogmore Estuary by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Another bird photo from me.:LOL: .........Been trying to get Goldfinches to the garden for the last two years, they're regular visitors now, but always seem to land on the washing line and not the perches a couple of feet away.:D

Liked this one yesterday, considering it was taken through the door glass.

Goldfinch by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Arrived in Sydney on Tuesday, was looking forward to getting some early shots in but I've been stuck in hospital after coming down with Menigitis. Have to say the health care system has been fantastic and fingers crossed I'l be out of quarantine and released soon. Itching to get some nice night shots of the harbour bridge and opera house.

Arrived in Sydney on Tuesday, was looking forward to getting some early shots in but I've been stuck in hospital after coming down with Menigitis. Have to say the health care system has been fantastic and fingers crossed I'l be out of quarantine and released soon. Itching to get some nice night shots of the harbour bridge and opera house.

Yikes. Viral?? I hope you're ok.

S

Back