Nikon D800......

just a quick observation. your copyright on the photo is easy to remove , far better the watermark it is that much harder if across the middle of the photo.

really loving all these D810 photos
this has got to be my favourite camera from the results people have posted

Last edited:
Anyone use a third party grip? The Nikon MBD12 is stupidly expensive but unless there's a highly recommended alternative I may have to go for it. Is there a good option?

A problem has just cropped up with the CF slot on my D810... all functions are fine with just an SD card but if there's a card in the CF slot, the little SD symbol on the top display disappears and the camera will focus but the shutter won't operate. All the pins look okay.

I've tried taking battery out and different CF cards.

Anything else I can try before sending it off to Nikon?

A problem has just cropped up with the CF slot on my D810... all functions are fine with just an SD card but if there's a card in the CF slot, the little SD symbol on the top display disappears and the camera will focus but the shutter won't operate. All the pins look okay.

I've tried taking battery out and different CF cards.

Anything else I can try before sending it off to Nikon?
Give 'Greys Of Westminster' a quick call, they're a dedicated long established Nikon dealer.

http://www.graysofwestminster.co.uk/welcome.php

The D810 is heading back to Nikon for repair but in the meantime I need another for three sessions lined up over the next two weeks. What do you think would be a fair price to pay for a 3-month old UK camera with original receipt in mint condition, boxed with all the bits?

It'll be better for me to buy and then sell again rather than rent and I've come across this one.

Whilst walking in our local park yesterday with our collie dog I met this young Doberman and his owner by accident, a playful boy with boundless energy it seemed, hard to get him to sit still. By luck I'd the camera with me for this grab shot.

Meet Dougal;

Dougal by Peter McCullough Photography, on Flickr

Samyang 85mm f1.4 - captured @ f3.5

Very nice Peter,

Don't see many of those around anymore, down this way. My old mate used to have a couple of them and such wonderful dogs.

Thank you Gregg, appreciated.

I fancy dipping into the world of pet photography with my k9 talents, presently looking at domain names etc...

:)

Last edited:
I'm now saving for the Samyang 135mm f2 portrait lens, recently reviewed in the July/August edition of 'f2CameraCraft' magazine were editor David Kilpatrick summed up saying; "this lens generally sells for £349 at discounted dealers, this is a world class lens".

Review + images from the Sammy135/2

http://www.juzaphoto.com/recensione.php?l=en&t=samyang_135_f2

:)

Last edited:
It's meant to be extremely sharp
Yes Jonathan, meant to be stellar performance and sharp alright. The editor showed quite a few examples of images captured from this lens and results were exceptional.

For the money it's a no brainer if you can hack manual focus glass.

Yes Jonathan, meant to be stellar performance and sharp alright. The editor showed quite a few examples of images captured from this lens and results were exceptional.

For the money it's a no brainer if you can hack manual focus glass.

That was my concern. Fairly long focal length for manual focus - for me anyway.

Back